shape
carat
color
clarity

A Few New Fun Items

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I shop Rue La La occassionally for flash sales and a few weeks back they had Honora on. Honora sells all kinds of pearls in their retail stores and also on QVC (Q items are usually ringed and dyed). I purchased 4 items and 2 of them I want to share here (the other 2 I'm not too sure about yet). The first one is a unique sterling silver and white FW necklace. I love the shine of the silver and the carving that holds each pearl. And the pearls themselves aren't bad looking!

_18914.jpg

_18915.jpg

_18916.jpg

_18917.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the other Honora item - cranberry pearl earrings! I know many of you have seen the strand I own and also Confection10's gorgeous berries and I couldn't resist these chandeliers! The stones are garnets and they add just a little sparle! Fun and flirty!

_18918.jpg

_18919.jpg

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
I've never seen anything like that necklace. I hope you enjoy it. The necklace and earrings both look great on you.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wow I love that necklace!!! and the earrings are great too!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very fun pearly pieces, especially the necklace. The design is interesting. Enjoy your new purchase. I have not logged into Rue La La for a while but remember that Honora is on sale once every few months. RLL and Gilt used to have very nice Tara Pearls for such a bargain a few years back, which I took advantage of. Now prices are very inflated, except for the silver pieces.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you scored big time....especially with that necklace! quite unique...love it

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew -- you are evil! Rue La La has pearls on their site now!

I like the design of the necklace a lot -- but I am not a fan of silver because I don't like to polish it, and I really worry for the pearls getting silver polish on them. How do you plan on cleaning the silver? Or are you going to let it tarnish naturally and leave it that way?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that necklace is fantastic! I'm not a silver fan but the design is really unique! :love:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Interesting design on that necklace. I quite like it, probably a 'sunshine' cloth would work well..then you wouldn't have to worry about paste etc. I don't have any problem cleaning my silver and pearl pieces, I keep them in airtight bags with a little piece of silver tarnish paper and they stay clean.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
That necklace is really unique and very eye catching ... guess I should turn back ON those endless Rue La La emails :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - I use the "sunshine" cloths too to keep my silver shiny. And I saw the pearls RLL has for sale now and it was fun to window shop! Did you get anything?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The necklace has a really fun design!
Your earrings remind me of a pair I had from years ago but with pink pearls. Maybe it is time that old pair sees daylight again.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew, great purchase! I love those earrings. They don't need any strand to go. Just alone at it's best :love: . That necklace is quite a hot :naughty:, You know? Just drooling here.... But I was wondering about tarnishing too. What in earth is sunshine cloth???

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
bsomlo|1402020888|3687444 said:
I like the design of the necklace a lot -- but I am not a fan of silver because I don't like to polish it, and I really worry for the pearls getting silver polish on them. How do you plan on cleaning the silver? Or are you going to let it tarnish naturally and leave it that way?

I've discovered that the aluminum foil + baking soda + salt dip (instructions here: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/silverdip.htm) is really effective for cleaning silver-pearl jewelry. Not only does the sulfuric layer fall off the silver right before your very eyes; it has no effect on the pearls whatsoever.

Having said that, don't leave the piece in the hot water longer than 5 minutes. It may not affect the pearls, but the hot water will cause the adhesives to expand and loosen.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cyndayco|1402123269|3688317 said:
bsomlo|1402020888|3687444 said:

I've discovered that the aluminum foil + baking soda + salt dip (instructions here: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/silverdip.htm) is really effective for cleaning silver-pearl jewelry. Not only does the sulfuric layer fall off the silver right before your very eyes; it has no effect on the pearls whatsoever.

Having said that, don't leave the piece in the hot water longer than 5 minutes. It may not affect the pearls, but the hot water will cause the adhesives to expand and loosen.

You can also use warm or barely warm water. The salt is not necessary either. It will work a little slower with warm water but just be patient.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - Sunshine cloths are treated soft cloths that you can use on most metal jewelry. Just rub the cloth on the jewelry and it removes tarnish and brightens the surface! You use them on both sides until it's completely black. I buy mine at Amazon.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cyndayco and Lady_Disdain - Thanks for the info! I have a few silver and pearl earrings that have tarnsished behind the pearl and this should fix that!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love the design of that necklace -- so unique.

That's great info on cleaning silver.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results