shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Drop Tahitian Necklace from Pearl Paradise

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I received my new aubergine and peacock drop Tahitian necklace from Pearl Paradise yesterday.

Earlier this year I purchased drop aubergine earrings from Kamoka Pearls and ever since I have been hankering for a matching strand. I was looking over the new Tahitian baroque strands on Pearl Paradise and this drop strand with light circles and cherry and peacock overtones caught my eye. I loved the drop shapes, the aubergine bodies and the brilliant green overtones in the PP photos. The strand was originally 18", but I asked that it be lengthened to 20".

vendor_cherry1.jpg

vendor_cherry3.jpg

vendor_description.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Neck shots, please? :twirl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I could see the great luster, the reddish bodies and the green overtones in the dim indoor light when I unwrapped the package yesterday evening. So, I was excited to see the strand in daylight today, and confirm that these are indeed beautiful pearls.

The strand with my Kamoka earrings near a window with full winter sun, and a couple of close up shots of these beautiful pearls.

strand_7784.jpg

close_7787.jpg

withearrings_7791.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin|1393197351|3621428 said:
Beautiful. Neck shots, please? :twirl:
Thank you, seaurchin. Neck shots are coming up next.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I now have three strands of Tahitian drops. This shot of all three shows off the different colors and sizes. My new aubergine strand from Pearl Paradise with those stunning green and cherry overtones is in the upper left. To the right is a green peacock drop strand purchased from MKMPearls on Etsy (who sourced them from Kojima Pearls), and to the bottom left is a strand of smaller charcoal drops from Kojima Pearls (who sourced them from Kamoka Pearls). All strands are 20" long.

3strands_7790.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Two neck shots of my new necklace from Pearl Paradise. I hope you can see the overtones of green and cherry. I love, love, love these colors.

Next, I tried twisting my new aubergine strand with the green peacock strand. I think this might work for a change of look at times.

neck_7799.jpg

neckshot_7809.jpg

twisted_7827.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, your new Tahitians are gorgeous!!! Well done! Thank you for showing us all your drop Tahitians. They are all beautiful! And the twisted look -- great!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the mix of cherry and green tones in these pearls. :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Beautiful pearls :love: them. Enjoy your new beauties.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Wow :love: :love: :love: Those are some seriously beautiful Tahitians!!! Their luster is amazing and they look perfectly lovely with your Kamoka earrings :appl: :appl: :appl: Enjoy!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those colors are absolutely amazing! What a great acquisition!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous Flygirl! Your pics really show the incredible glow the pearls have compared to the vendor pics, I bet you were over the moon when you opened that package :love: :love: :love: :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It's true. Your "in real life" pictures are even more beautiful than the vendor photos!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - I am drooling over your Tahitians! Yummy, yummy colors and the luster - fantastic! Your collection is glorious!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Oh! I love the idea of twisting two strands together. That really makes me want a 2nd strand of Tahitians. Very nice!!!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - I LOVE your twisted Tahitians so much that I think I will play around with some of my strands to see how they look twisted together! Maybe not two Tahitians but I was thinking of seeing how well my natural white Akoya strand goes with Tahitians, pistachio Akoyas, blue Akoyas, ... Who knows!?!?!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl, Your T's are like candies :lickout: . I really like cherry overtone. I have only one on my strand and I knotted it to middle, because I like to see it when ever I stand front of mirror :D . And twisted look is great. Tomorrow I will twist my longer necklace. Thanks for the tip :wavey:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much bsomlo, baby monster, 4Ranch Girl, LitGeek, SMC, artdecogirl, pkinnew, ltlmsmfft, and Confection10. :))

I think it does take some time to learn what colors look good on you, and how to interpret the vendor photos. What I liked about this strand were the telltale green halos around so many of the pearls in the vendor photo. I was pretty sure that the overtones would be apparent in person as well. Fine Tahitian pearls are constantly changing their appearance as you move, and I'm loving the colors in these.

It is so fun to have a wardrobe of pearls to chose from each day. Thank you all for sharing your pearly lovelies as well. :wavey:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fly Girl,

LOVE your wardrobe of Tahitians! You look amazing in them! Congratulations! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful and lustrous! I am on a quest to buy drop Tahitian strands now. I find it very difficult to make a decision. Any buying and selecting tips for me FlyGirl? Thank you in advance.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
leyhuong|1402930809|3694180 said:
So beautiful and lustrous! I am on a quest to buy drop Tahitian strands now. I find it very difficult to make a decision. Any buying and selecting tips for me FlyGirl? Thank you in advance.
leyhuong - It has taken me a while to figure a few things out about Tahitians, such as what colors I like to wear, and how to pick them out from a photo. I like to wear a lot of greens and reds, which is because of my skin tones, and that finally led me to this stand.

I look for a halo of a different color around the pearl in the Pearl Paradise photos. That will tell you it has strong peacock overtones, or at least more than one overtone on the pearl. The base pearl color for a Tahitian varies from light silver to medium grey to charcoal to almost black. I look for strong overtones because without those, in a lot of lighting, the strand will look grey. I'd rather see color, and that is why I was pleased that I could see color in this strand, even in dim lighting.

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Fly Girl for your insight. I also prefer strong overtone. I will keep your advice in mind for my future purchase.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad this thread got bumped because apparently I missed these gorgeous beauties the first time around. :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen these before! They are absolutely lovely!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you leyhuong, JaneSmith and ckrickett. I purchased this strand this past winter and wore it quite a bit. Now that I am wearing summer clothing, it is getting less wear because my colors are much lighter in the summer and this is a dark strand. ;( This is making me think that I need ( :bigsmile: ) a drop Tahitian strand for summer. :praise: Luckily for me, I am planning a trip to Pearl Paradise and they happen to have a lot of drop Tahitian strands on hand. :naughty: It would be awesome to be able to pick out a strand (or two) in person. :lickout:

We'll see. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention that I could use a few more strands. :lol:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pearls!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the combination of cherry and green tones in those pearls! What a great Tahitian wardrobe you have. Adding a lighter summer strand sounds like a great idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results