shape
carat
color
clarity

100$ Ruby challenge

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
If nothing else, this is proving a great excuse to find and stare at pretty rubies while I should be working.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Aww, that's sweet of you Ed! I feel like we won anyways! I really did look too - the round cut is what made it so difficult.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ed, that is very generous and kind of you :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ed. It was fun. Gene had a pair of unheated Lake Barringo rounds, but they have already sold. Darn.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
by TL » 10 May 2014 23:06
This is not precision cut, but it's eye clean (almost loupe clean), unheated, and around the same size as the WF ruby, slightly above two carats. It's also brighter in color in the photos. It also has a nice native cut. See the video as well. Tokyo Gem Lab deemed it pinkish red, not purple-red like AIGS did for the WF stone.

http://www.ajsgem.com/ruby/burma-ruby/ruby-2.03-carats.html

It's around half the price of the WF stone. So does precision faceting justify a 25K increase in price?

------------------------

What a beauty!!!!!! :love:

But then I have seen this LARGE "natural" - if they cut it better the stone is under 2 ct - what a pity - but I would not spent 12.500$ pct.

But what a beautiful RUBY!!!

aaronl

Rough_Rock
boerumbiddy|1400077957|3672555 said:
Is the R.W. Wise ruby still available?... The listing is still there, but has anyone been in touch with him since he retired?
On his blog, R.W. Wise indicated that he's selling his remaining stock through Laurie Donovan. There is a listing on Donovan's site that uses that photograph, but the dimensions and weight of the stone don't match and the pricing is significantly different.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ed, that's really lovely.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For reference, here is Richard Wise's old listing:

_19431.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Aaronl, good catch! Here is the Laurie Donovan listing:

donovan_ruby.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Ähhh

2,09 ct or 1,15 ct - same pics??????

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
I did contact Laurie, but her listings on her website are not accurate, a lot of the gems, especially from RW Wise site are sold. :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results