shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new greens!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Due to some personal life excitement and my busy season at work, I've been mostly off pricescope, lurking occasionally when I needed a fix. But I couldn't resist sharing my two new prizes with you guys:)

One is a Jeff Davies demantoid, the other a Barry tourmaline. Both are set in 18kt yellow Stuller settings. Pardon my pic overload. It's been a while and I've been in withdrawal!

_19278.jpg

_19279.jpg

_19280.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could catch the fire this thing throws around, but it turned out to be a real beast to photograph.

_19281.jpg

_19282.jpg

_19283.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oopsie, guess I posted one of those twice. Anyway, a still photo really doesn't do this one justice. The tourmaline, on the other hand, photographed beautifully and looks pretty much exactly the way it does IRL. There's some yellow to it for sure, but to my eyes it's the perfect Florida grass green. I can't help but love it!

_19284.jpg

_19285.jpg

_19286.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Some profile shots

_19287.jpg

_19288.jpg

_19289.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Last ones. Thanks for looking:)

_19290.jpg

_19291.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That demantoid is GORGEOUS. I'm all sorts of jealous (of course I love the Barry too!)

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
They are both so beautiful! I wouldn't be able to choose which to wear!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Those are both lovely! And the settings are a perfect compliment to the stones. :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Those are both so beautiful, Kelli, I can hardly stand it! Great settings for them too. You inspired me for a tourm I've been wondering what to do with, from Steve Wallner. They really are terrific! Glad you came back to give us a peek at them!

--- Laurie

katharath

Ideal_Rock
These are just DELICIOUS! Particularly love the demantoid, but they're both great. Worthy additions to your collection :)

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Those are beautiful, and I love the setting for the tourmaline! Is it custom made?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both, but tourmaline is fabulous. Particularly love that Stuller setting! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them! I want to see a pic with all of your rings! You must have quite the stash at this point!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JD's demantoids are excellent! Yours is no exception. And your tourm really does match your grass!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular!!!

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Two different takes on green for different days - I love it! The JD demantoid in particular is TDF. He seems to have a great line on the Namibian material? Just ordered a 40$ one myself, couldn't resist :twisted:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the demantoid.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I really love these. So happy and verdant. Great for spring/summer. The settings look great, too! Stuller has some nice, stuff, huh? Who set them for you?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Love them both!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Could you share the dimensions of the tourmaline? Looks beautiful and big on your finger.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful but I am leaning more towards the demantoid; it's a lot of punch for a smaller stone and the setting suits it so well.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous greens! I really like the color of the demantoid, and your tourmaline near matches the grass in the background of your photos - very pretty grass green & what a great presence on your hand!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! If I remember correctly, the demantoid is 5.8mm and the tourmaline is 9mm, so quite a size difference there. The tourmaline is definitely more of an eye-catcher since the color is so vibrant, but the demantoid has a nice understated flash and fire. I really love both looks, depending on my mood I guess. Both are Stuller settings I ordered through my local jeweler. The one for the tourmaline actually used to hold my gemfix Mali. I just never wore that ring since the stone really needs sunlight and I'm stuck indoors most days. One of these days I'll get around to photographing my whole collection, though it won't nearly compare to yours, Freke! That could be a fun project for tomorrow. I'll have to give them all a bath first though!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Kelli said:
I'll have to give them all a bath first though!

LOL!! Love that!

These are both beautiful and as others have said already, your setting choices are impeccable. :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both! If you ever get tired of them, I'd be happy to wear them for awhle :mrgreen:

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
They are both so incredibly beautiful rings!! For the tourmaline crown ring, may I ask how thick the Stuller ring's shank is? I would never have guessed it was Stuller!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys:)

The shank isn't very thick (maybe 2mm tapering a little near the crown), but it's sturdy. I kind of like that it isn't hefty; really makes the stone POP in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results