color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

SMC|1403114240|3695843 said:
amc80|1403113890|3695840 said:
Well, until now I was puke-free (one time I tried to but nothing would come out...), but pukefest 2014 has started. Ugh. I went to the bathroom at work and someone was in there...went to another and it was being cleaned...so I had to wait. The good news is I felt much better afterwards...the bad news is it's starting to brew again.
Awww, that sucks. Join the club! I've been puking about once a day too and then feeling crappy the rest of the day. I'm really hoping it eases up after the first trimester!

Ugh, I went to Olive Garden for lunch because their soup/salad/breadsticks thing sounded good. It stayed down for about 30 minutes before I threw it up. I was able to go to the store and get some hard candies, peppermints, and ginger ale. Hopefully this is just a bad day and not a sign of my new normal.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Sorry ladies. I was hoping it wouldn't happen to you.

I've be downing sparkling water like its my job. Its the only thing that helps.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1403123959|3695959 said:

I've found that really cold water helps. Thank goodness we have a water dispenser at work that has cold water. It's funny because I normally don't like cold water, only room temp. It's amazing what hormones can do to the body.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1403124136|3695961 said:
Niel|1403123959|3695959 said:

I've found that really cold water helps. Thank goodness we have a water dispenser at work that has cold water. It's funny because I normally don't like cold water, only room temp. It's amazing what hormones can do to the body.

Nice!

My stomach gets upset with regular water. It has to have carbonation. But sodas have been leaving weird tastes in my mouth c but I have a soda stream thank god.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I'm about 7.5 weeks, have only had about 1.5 weeks' worth of symptoms and I'm already tired of being pregnant. This whole 9 month thing is extremely cruel.

I can't wait for the first trimester to be over! And am seriously counting the minutes until my doctor's appointment on Monday.

My nausea was really bad this morning, but it got better by the afternoon. I still have major food aversions though - to almost everything that's not a carbohydrate. My baby's going to be like 10 lbs at this rate.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Missed breakfast this morning and have been feeling really blah all day. I had lunch, but I can't shake the slightly nauseous feeling. I don't know if it counts as real morning sickness, since I'm not vomiting or anything, but I sure feel a bit under the weather. I'm hoping bubbly water and a good dinner will help.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Ladies, I feel you. Early pregnancy is no fun at all! I actually feel pretty good right now. The only calories that have stayed down today have come from lifesavers. I'm starting to get a little hungry but I'm afraid to eat. DH and I were going to get Mexican food tonight but I just can't do it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1403131386|3696062 said:
I'm about 7.5 weeks, have only had about 1.5 weeks' worth of symptoms and I'm already tired of being pregnant. This whole 9 month thing is extremely cruel.

I can't wait for the first trimester to be over! And am seriously counting the minutes until my doctor's appointment on Monday.

My nausea was really bad this morning, but it got better by the afternoon. I still have major food aversions though - to almost everything that's not a carbohydrate. My baby's going to be like 10 lbs at this rate.

Don't get down. I promise come like week 16 is a hell of a lot better. Until you're at the end then you're over it. But it gets so much better lol.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I think I will have a fat-a$$ baby. Yesterday, the only food that I could stand to eat at dinner was a double cheeseburger from McD's and fries. I felt better after eating though, so I guess that's good.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1403193677|3696536 said:
I think I will have a fat-a$$ baby. Yesterday, the only food that I could stand to eat at dinner was a double cheeseburger from McD's and fries. I felt better after eating though, so I guess that's good.

If it makes you feel better, I ate like crap my first pregnancy (I ate a ton of fruit, but also a ton of milkshakes....) and had a pretty skinny baby. I mean, he was almost 9lbs, but really long...so technically under weight for his length :)

SMC

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1403193926|3696539 said:
If it makes you feel better, I ate like crap my first pregnancy (I ate a ton of fruit, but also a ton of milkshakes....) and had a pretty skinny baby. I mean, he was almost 9lbs, but really long...so technically under weight for his length :)
Hahaha. With my luck, the weight will go all to my butt and thighs where it will stay for eternity.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1403194272|3696545 said:
Hahaha. With my luck, the weight will go all to my butt and thighs where it will stay for eternity.

And stomach, don't forget your stomach.

I'm currently eating oatmeal and really hoping it stays down.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1403193677|3696536 said:

I had no cravings but ice (pica) so I didn't eat bad at all my first and miss my maebs was a porker.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I was great all day yesterday until I threw up dinner. Woke up today and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the day. I feel like it I move I'll barf. TGIF.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

I also had a good day yesterday, until I had a pink spot and I freaked out that I wasn't even feeling sick, but the pink spot has not repeated and I resumed puking this morning, so I think we're ok. I've never been so grateful to throw up in my whole life.

It's Friday- only 3 days until appointments!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

aviastar|1403276266|3697234 said:
I also had a good day yesterday, until I had a pink spot and I freaked out that I wasn't even feeling sick, but the pink spot has not repeated and I resumed puking this morning, so I think we're ok. I've never been so grateful to throw up in my whole life.

It's Friday- only 3 days until appointments!

Ugh that is so scary! Glad it seems to have been a random thing.

Today I've had about 3 Ritz crackers, a few sips of water, and a few sips of sprite. I'm about 30 seconds from puking it all up. I'm a little concerned in that, this week, every day is worse than the one before. I'm calling in sick on Monday for my appointment (yay!), otherwise I would have called in today. My one coworker who knows I'm pregnant saw me walk in and immediately started laughing, in a "OMG you look awful you poor thing" sort of way.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

aviastar, from what I've read, spotting during the first trimester is not uncommon and not usually a cause for concern. I can understand the worry though and I hope that it doesn't happen again!

amc, I'm sorry your nausea's getting worse! I think mine was worse last week too and was really bad this week but it seems to be getting mildly better (I'll be 8 weeks tmw). I've still been throwing up once a day but most of the food I've been eating has been staying down.

Can't wait for my appointment on Monday!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1403279544|3697263 said:
aviastar, from what I've read, spotting during the first trimester is not uncommon and not usually a cause for concern. I can understand the worry though and I hope that it doesn't happen again!

amc, I'm sorry your nausea's getting worse! I think mine was worse last week too and was really bad this week but it seems to be getting mildly better (I'll be 8 weeks tmw). I've still been throwing up once a day but most of the food I've been eating has been staying down.

I don't think I knew that we were both Saturday "turners," I'll be 7w tomorrow. I'm hoping the nausea is just a phase and will get better soon. Also hoping I can keep the oatmeal down that I just ate, along with the liquids I'm drinking. The last time I had any liquids that stayed down was yesterday afternoon.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

I'm going full steam ahead on this theory about spotting! And I seem to be about the same place as you are right now- 8 weeks on Sunday, still sick, but having more good times than I was a week ago. I'm not keeping breakfast down, but everything else is ok. Gatorade is helping!

amc- Hopefully this is the peak of the sickness storm and you can come through to calmer waters soon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

aviastar|1403281806|3697284 said:

I'm going full steam ahead on this theory about spotting! And I seem to be about the same place as you are right now- 8 weeks on Sunday, still sick, but having more good times than I was a week ago. I'm not keeping breakfast down, but everything else is ok. Gatorade is helping!

amc- Hopefully this is the peak of the sickness storm and you can come through to calmer waters soon!

Aviastar- thanks! And a little pink is fine. A bunch of red = bad. So I'm sure it was just random first trimester stuff.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

My "turning" date is based on my LMP, but I think that I may be a late ovulator. I have theories on my date of conception that would put me at later due dates than I currently think.

I had a "class" at my OB's office that went over their office procedures and they told me that they can't offer the MaterniT21 test to anyone who won't be 35 by delivery. I think that I'm just going to do the sequential screening (first / second trimester combined) and see where I land from there.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1403284020|3697318 said:
My "turning" date is based on my LMP, but I think that I may be a late ovulator. I have theories on my date of conception that would put me at later due dates than I currently think.

I had a "class" at my OB's office that went over their office procedures and they told me that they can't offer the MaterniT21 test to anyone who won't be 35 by delivery. I think that I'm just going to do the sequential screening (first / second trimester combined) and see where I land from there.

That's what I did with B, the sequential scanning/NT scan/blood work. I mainly wanted to do it because it was another chance to see the baby! I need to talk to my OB about Maternit21 once I see her. Previously, your insurance was billed and then, one denied, the company only held you to around $200. Well, the company got in trouble for that (since you can't bill the insurance company one thing and that same patient something else) so I'm not sure what's going on now. I'm definitely not paying the $800-1800 list price for it, though...I'll just get the NT scan which is free.

My oatmeal stayed down! I didn't think it would and was in the bathroom, but only dry-heaving. So I'll take that as a win.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Morning sickness definitely kicked in this morning for me--I thought I was going to hurl when I was doing the dishes! Eating helped, for sure.

Also, I've been making aguas frescas from all the wonderful fresh fruit around and they are delicious! Last night I had some pineapple mint agua fresca in a martini glass so I could feel like I was having a fun cocktail. Yum!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies! I haven't been posting much on this board but I've still been following. Good luck with your appointments on Monday! Do you all know that you'll definitely be getting ultrasounds?

Sorry to hear that you've all been sick, but that unfortunately seems par for the course. :( I felt really sick pretty much all the time from about 5-6w and 10w, and then it slowly started easing up. I've been feeling a lot like my old self for the past few days, except for the bigger belly!

I think I'm kind of stuck between the just barely and regular preggo thread right now. I'm in my 12th week right now. According to my LMP I'm 12w2d, but according to my NT scan I'm 12w5d (which lines up better with my estimated ovulation date).

NT scan went well…baby was moving around like crazy and DH and I loved seeing him/her on the screen. Odd thing, though - I asked the lab tech when I will get the results of the NT screening when she was drawing my blood, and she said they draw a second set of blood at 16w and then I get the results a week later. I've never heard of that before…I thought I would likely get them by the end of next week.

Kind of worried because the NT scan showed 2.0 mm, which seems slightly on the high side (baby was measuring 12w3d). I guess I can't worry myself into the grave, though!

We've also already announced to everyone. I had to tell work right after hearing the heartbeat with the Doppler at just over 10w because everyone was so nosey and asking questions. I know people mean well, but I was so irritated with them. Especially one of my employees, who just came right out and asked if I was going to have a baby, and then when I did announce, she told me to just not get too big. Ugh.

I'm so surprised at how much my belly is popping out already, and no one else is shy about commenting, either. I'm actually feeling a lot less hungry now that I'm feeling better though, so hopefully it will slow down.

Those of you who have been through this already - when do people typically move to the regular preggo thread?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
shihtzulover said:
Hi ladies! I haven't been posting much on this board but I've still been following. Good luck with your appointments on Monday! Do you all know that you'll definitely be getting ultrasounds? Sorry to hear that you've all been sick, but that unfortunately seems par for the course. :( I felt really sick pretty much all the time from about 5-6w and 10w, and then it slowly started easing up. I've been feeling a lot like my old self for the past few days, except for the bigger belly! I think I'm kind of stuck between the just barely and regular preggo thread right now. I'm in my 12th week right now. According to my LMP I'm 12w2d, but according to my NT scan I'm 12w5d (which lines up better with my estimated ovulation date). NT scan went well…baby was moving around like crazy and DH and I loved seeing him/her on the screen. Odd thing, though - I asked the lab tech when I will get the results of the NT screening when she was drawing my blood, and she said they draw a second set of blood at 16w and then I get the results a week later. I've never heard of that before…I thought I would likely get them by the end of next week. Kind of worried because the NT scan showed 2.0 mm, which seems slightly on the high side (baby was measuring 12w3d). I guess I can't worry myself into the grave, though! We've also already announced to everyone. I had to tell work right after hearing the heartbeat with the Doppler at just over 10w because everyone was so nosey and asking questions. I know people mean well, but I was so irritated with them. Especially one of my employees, who just came right out and asked if I was going to have a baby, and then when I did announce, she told me to just not get too big. Ugh. I'm so surprised at how much my belly is popping out already, and no one else is shy about commenting, either. I'm actually feeling a lot less hungry now that I'm feeling better though, so hopefully it will slow down. Those of you who have been through this already - when do people typically move to the regular preggo thread?

I'm glad you're feeling better! With my NT scan, I believe I got one set of results after the first blood test and another set after the second. Weird that they are making you wait until the second.

As far as when to move over to the other thread, most people do so after the first trimester. But you're welcome to stick around as long as you want :)

AFM, today is better than yesterday. Still not great but I will take any improvement. Only two more days until appointments (and yes, I know I will get an u/s)!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Re:

ShitzuLover, I can't believe how rude your employee was! :-o Some people have no manners.

Good luck to everyone with appointments this week! I'm jealous of your ultrasounds. We have our first appt a week from Tuesday, but it's going to be more of a meet and greet. First real appointment isn't until July 11th. Three weeks seems like ages!

I'm at 7 weeks tomorrow. I have to say, I can't wait until I feel more pregnant. I know that I'm experiencing a lot of the classic first tri symptoms, but it doesn't quite feel real yet. I think once I officially announce at 12 weeks, that will change. RIght now it's a lot of figuring out how to avoid drinking without being obvious about it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladypirate|1403372399|3698093 said:
ShitzuLover, I can't believe how rude your employee was! :-o Some people have no manners.

Good luck to everyone with appointments this week! I'm jealous of your ultrasounds. We have our first appt a week from Tuesday, but it's going to be more of a meet and greet. First real appointment isn't until July 11th. Three weeks seems like ages!

I'm at 7 weeks tomorrow. I have to say, I can't wait until I feel more pregnant. I know that I'm experiencing a lot of the classic first tri symptoms, but it doesn't quite feel real yet. I think once I officially announce at 12 weeks, that will change. RIght now it's a lot of figuring out how to avoid drinking without being obvious about it.

To your point about drinking.

My husband has been offering me a drink and I say "I'm not feeling well" or "I am already full I hate way to much at lunch" or "I'm driving" that way I'm saying no, but no one questions it because, why would my husband offer his pregnant wife a drink? KWIM

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
To your point about drinking. My husband has been offering me a drink and I say "I'm not feeling well" or "I am already full I hate way to much at lunch" or "I'm driving" that way I'm saying no, but no one questions it because, why would my husband offer his pregnant wife a drink? KWIM

That's a good one! What I would do was be indecisive when the waiter was taking orders. Then, I'd go to the bar on my own and get cranberry soda with a line. Looks just like a cocktail.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

amc80|1403456311|3698636 said:
Niel said:
To your point about drinking. My husband has been offering me a drink and I say "I'm not feeling well" or "I am already full I hate way to much at lunch" or "I'm driving" that way I'm saying no, but no one questions it because, why would my husband offer his pregnant wife a drink? KWIM

That's a good one! What I would do was be indecisive when the waiter was taking orders. Then, I'd go to the bar on my own and get cranberry soda with a line. Looks just like a cocktail.

Smart! If it was me I'd get a carbonated water and say its a vodka and carbonated water lol.

But we rarely go out to eat its always at a friends house. And we are beer snobs, so we had to think of a reason I wouldn't be having at least one.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
Smart! If it was me I'd get a carbonated water and say its a vodka and carbonated water lol. But we rarely go out to eat its always at a friends house. And we are beer snobs, so we had to think of a reason I wouldn't be having at least one.
Ah that makes sense. Then that works perfectly great idea.

24 hours until my appointment!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results