shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it common for women to flaunt their jewelry...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I understand how things are perceived differently by different people, but I still find it odd that a grown woman would post such things on FB. The reason I say this is because I have lots of FB friends, but yet she's the only one who routinely does that sort of thing. I get new things, I vacation, etc. (just as my friends do), but we're not flaunting it in that manner. It's not that hard to figure out the tone of a post when she posts a picture of a new handbag and says, "look what I got!" For a young person, that would be fine, but not for a middle-aged woman. I think that it has more to do with the insecurity of the person flaunting and less to do with the insecurity of the person perceiving it….

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was common for women to flaunt their jewelry, I'd spend a lot less time trying to not be obvious as I try to get a closer look. Just hold still and let me look already!

I do clean my rings if we're going out.... But I also clean my rings if we're staying in or heading camping or any other excuse.
On the very rare occasion I wear earrings, I pull my hair up so it isn't on my ears. That is just because my ears are super sensitive and massively painful after just an hour or two. Having my hair up helps a little.

I don't think I flaunt. I act the same no matter what jewelry I have on or don't have on.

The only "flaunting" I've seen has been teenage girls in large fake stuff.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1403111826|3695817 said:
redwood66|1403111406|3695811 said:
Frankly I could care less if they do.

Don't you mean you couldn't care less?

Then again, perhaps you could care less about this. :D

I could or couldn't, either way the amount of caring is miniscule. :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have posted pics on FB of our trips to the coast or a particularly excellent pic I took when on vaca. But I also post the pics of me looking hideous on a camping trip with my hair all wildly skewed in all directions, no make-up and less than clean clothes. (no Oxford comma).

Mostly because I couldn't care less, or could but it would not be much. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1403122426|3695939 said:
I understand how things are perceived differently by different people, but I still find it odd that a grown woman would post such things on FB. The reason I say this is because I have lots of FB friends, but yet she's the only one who routinely does that sort of thing. I get new things, I vacation, etc. (just as my friends do), but we're not flaunting it in that manner. It's not that hard to figure out the tone of a post when she posts a picture of a new handbag and says, "look what I got!" For a young person, that would be fine, but not for a middle-aged woman. I think that it has more to do with the insecurity of the person flaunting and less to do with the insecurity of the person perceiving it….

"I get new things, I vacation, etc".

Lady, you just flaunted.
It's a cold hard fact, common sense, anyone can see it, it's not my opinion, it's not my perception, it's obvious.

You flaunted!
Shame Shame Shame. :nono:

:lol:

screen_shot_2014-06-18_at_2.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, so this has me thinking. Is it considered flaunting if we dress to compliment our shapes and make the best of what we have? That is, wear makeup, do our hair etc. I mean if we are accentuating our positive qualities are we flaunting them?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1403134639|3696098 said:
Hmm, so this has me thinking. Is it considered flaunting if we dress to compliment our shapes and make the best of what we have? That is, wear makeup, do our hair etc. I mean if we are accentuating our positive qualities are we flaunting them?

Only if you look better than I. :wink2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1403099985|3695677 said:
But it's not the only time I've worried about flaunting (well, "worried" - become aware that other people are worried/concerned/ticked off might be more accurate): I used to catch a lot of flack for "flaunting" my rack, more or less by just having it. But, sorta like Jessica Valenti ... can't win. Even in a turtleneck, the gals are front and center. So, after a little while, I just sort of shrugged and decided to please myself. Everybody else is going to find some reason to bitch and moan, given human nature, so I might as well have fun in the meantime!
oh c'mon Circe...Show me your RACK!... :naughty: :appl:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1403128350|3696019 said:
momhappy|1403122426|3695939 said:

"I get new things, I vacation, etc".

Lady, you just flaunted.
It's a cold hard fact, common sense, anyone can see it, it's not my opinion, it's not my perception, it's obvious.

You flaunted!
Shame Shame Shame. :nono:

:lol:

Huh? :confused: Making a simple statement that I engage in the same behaviors that many of us do (like vacationing, etc.) hardly falls under the definition that you posted of displaying something ostentatiously….. I didn't flaunt anything, but since you perceived it that way, then perhaps you are insecure ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1403135068|3696106 said:
missy|1403134639|3696098 said:

I don't think that would be a problem... :bigsmile:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1403127233|3696004 said:
I have posted pics on FB of our trips to the coast or a particularly excellent pic I took when on vaca. But I also post the pics of me looking hideous on a camping trip with my hair all wildly skewed in all directions, no make-up and less than clean clothes. (no Oxford comma).

And I do that do - I think that many of us do, but I guess its the delivery that makes it different.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1403140461|3696192 said:
redwood66|1403127233|3696004 said:

And I do that do - I think that many of us do, but I guess its the delivery that makes it different.

Regardless of delivery you are saying the opposite of what you mean to say.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^No, I don't mean that I say that too (as in "could" care less vs. "couldn't" care less) - I mean that I do that too as in post vacation pictures. When I said it was all in the delivery, I meant that it's how you post pictures, talk about something, etc. There is a distinct difference between sharing things (at appropriate times and/or in appropriate venues) vs. flaunting things. For example, posting a picture of your new bling here is perfectly acceptable vs. posting it on FB saying, "look what I got!" is not acceptable IMO.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
To answer your question, I don't know anyone that flaunts their jewelry.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

Bingo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1403149527|3696296 said:

Bingo.

So that puts it squarely on the person doing the perceiving...jealousy can be an ugly emotion. :wink2:

don_thatemebecauseiambeautiful.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
missy|1403166587|3696377 said:
LaraOnline|1403149527|3696296 said:

Bingo.

So that puts it squarely on the person doing the perceiving...jealousy can be an ugly emotion. :wink2:

Perception is definitely interesting. I actually wish I knew someone that would want to talk to me about jewelry in real life, even if it was in the context of showing it off.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1403138025|3696152 said:
But it's not the only time I've worried about flaunting (well, "worried" - become aware that other people are worried/concerned/ticked off might be more accurate): I used to catch a lot of flack for "flaunting" my rack, more or less by just having it. But, sorta like Jessica Valenti ... can't win. Even in a turtleneck, the gals are front and center. So, after a little while, I just sort of shrugged and decided to please myself. Everybody else is going to find some reason to bitch and moan, given human nature, so I might as well have fun in the meantime!

rack.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1403192886|3696521 said:
What is that?..some kind of sex rack?.. :confused:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I am going to get a little Freud-like regarding my flaunting. When I am insecure and going to an event, I 'bring out my big guns' as my husband calls it. I may not have the best house, fanciest car, red bottom shoes or designer handbag but my jewels speak volumes. I don't own a lot of jewelry but what I have is exceptional and I wear it proudly and wearing an awesome emerald, diamond or bracelet indeed gives me confidence. Shallow, perhaps, but I do not 'wear the entire contents of my jewelry box' and pick only a few appropiate pieces or piece to wear. I only wear a RHR and my ER and band at a time. One necklace, one bracelet. I love my stuff and so enjoy wearing baubles that match the outfit or occasion.
I do not wave my fingers, wrists or ears etc around to attract attention to my jewelry. Rather I find that those who recognize quality are the ones who are impressed and others who are oblivious-just as I am to their designer frocks, handbags and shoes- really pay no attention. I LOVE it when I see others wear a fab piece of jewelry (rather than a fancy car, handbag,purse or shoe) and will compliment the wearer. I never ask size, price or point of purchase.
I never wear expensive pieces to work or just out to the store.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1403223100|3696896 said:
Ok so I am going to get a little Freud-like regarding my flaunting. When I am insecure and going to an event, I 'bring out my big guns' as my husband calls it. I may not have the best house, fanciest car, red bottom shoes or designer handbag but my jewels speak volumes. I don't own a lot of jewelry but what I have is exceptional and I wear it proudly and wearing an awesome emerald, diamond or bracelet indeed gives me confidence. Shallow, perhaps, but I do not 'wear the entire contents of my jewelry box' and pick only a few appropiate pieces or piece to wear. I only wear a RHR and my ER and band at a time. One necklace, one bracelet. I love my stuff and so enjoy wearing baubles that match the outfit or occasion.
Sounds beautiful to me!..You must do some flaunting :!: .. :lol:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1403192886|3696521 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results