shape
carat
color
clarity

I know I know. .me again.. engagment ring hell.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Thanks chrono! Had a good ol'peak but definitely too dark.

Is my budget too low do you think?

Also, bit random but are square /princess cuts less 'sparkly' than other cuts? I've always liked princess cut diamonds (of course, the two stones are not comparable really as they have different qualities) but the odd occasion I see a square cut sapphire it just seems. Dull. No life.. just color. I'm not sure if I'm wording this well. (it appears that this cut is much harder to fund in sapphires in general too)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's on the low side but since you have time on your side, it might turn out all right. You aren't going to find princess cut sapphires unless you happen to get extremely lucky. It's just that the shape isn't suited for most corundum rough. Also, given that the corners of princess cut diamonds require extra care, this is exacerbated in coloured stones so I would steer clear of this shape wherever possible. I don't think squares (cushions) are any less sparkly than rounds but it is a different type of sparkle/flash. At this point, it boils down to cut. If it is dull or not lively, then it isn't well cut.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I apologize if you've already done this, but what about getting in touch with Jeff Davies, showing him the photo of the tanzanite you like and asking him if he has any sapphires with a similar color in the size/budget you're looking for?

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that info chrono!

Virginiazee ..I did just that but unfortunately he just sent me back a link to his pinterest board so I could see what he had in stock (which I look at daily so a bit pointless really lol)

I had contacted two vendors about chrysoberyl recently who were extremely helpful. I must dig out my emails to remember who they were as that might be something proactive to do!

Anyone else get a bit bored of looking sometimes?

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I mean.. In am exasperated. . Seen the same stones over a billion times and still no luck ..kind of way.

Never get bored of actually looking at pretty stones :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Have you contacted any of the custom cutters? Peter Torraca perhaps?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results