shape
carat
color
clarity

Drats! missed it again!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
I think I could start a thread on all the stones PSrs tried to buy but didn't get!!!

Happened to look at Precision Gems site late last night and imagine my pleasure when I saw this:

12_lake_baringo_ruby_matched_pair_round_thumb.jpg

pair of unheated kenyan rubies.

pitter patter went my heart! It had just been posted 30 minutes ago ..... showed DH and before he could answer I hit the buy button. Alas, I was not the first. But Gene says that he has some rough so keep your fingers crossed. Gracious. I'd better lower the price on some of my stuff on pre-owned!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A pair of pretties! Here's hoping Gene can cut you some!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
W0W

I feel your pain.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
wordie89 said:
I think I could start a thread on all the stones PSrs tried to buy but didn't get!!!
It would at least give all of us a chance to drool over the lovely pieces that were not to be. Sigh. OTOH, hoping that Gene has more rough and you get a lovely stone (or two)!

VapidLapid said:
W0W

I feel your pain.
Yes, this.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry it didn't work out, Wordie. I don't know why, but I've gotten to the point where I'm just not that interested in buying new stones which is so liberating. It means that the minute his drops come, on the few occasions when I am right there and see it happening, I can zip over, look at the stone and know someone will quickly snap it up and love it - all without the least temptation to get it myself. It is truly liberating after several years of pure angst! But here's to hoping you either get something soon, or find a zen place. :bigsmile:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I can imagine how bugging that can be :(sad
But I bet there's something better out there for you, perhaps from what else Gene will cut.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Wordie, I was actually thinking of starting a thread like that the other day, lol - you know, a "what gems have you not gotten lately that you want to cry over?" type of thing. It just gets really depressing never being fast enough!! I feel your pain. The rare times that I am fast enough to nab a gem from a drop, I feel like I've just won the lottery :)

Those rubies are absolutely gorgeous too. I'm typically not a ruby person, but I think that's bc most rubies don't look like those! I am sorry you missed out on them, I really hope Gene can help you out with your very own pair.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I can't remember receiving any e-mails from Gene about the pair of rubies.

I hope the lucky person who purchased them is on this board and that he/she will post pics of the gems as well as finished jewellery once they have been set etc...

DK :))

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you sob sisters all. DK I also hope that it was a PSr who will share the lovelies!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wordie,
I'm sorry you didn't get these and hope Gene has more in his magical bag of rough for you.

Minou,
I think we feel like this now because we've been at it for so many years; seen lots of stones, own(ed) lots of stones and know that time to appreciate these baubles can be fleeting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results