shape
carat
color
clarity

Colorful Glamour Shots of an Asscher Goshenite - Dan Stair

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
:wavey:

Managed to find this beauty from Dan Stair - the results required posting. Tried out some new lights too - photos are completely unedited, straight from the camera, only cropped for posting.

9.99mm Goshenite Beryl.

Before: :wink2:
GosheniteDS1Rough.jpg

After: :love:
GosheniteDSFinished.jpg

Lights, Camera, Action: :lol:
FlashA1.jpg
A1Green.jpg BlueA1.jpg
Dark2A1.jpg
A1%20Weird.jpg
AliveA1.jpg
CyanA1.jpg
DarkYA1.jpg
FlashA2.jpg
PinkishA1.jpg
GreenFlection.jpg
OrangeA1.jpg
PinkA1.jpg
PurpleA1.jpg
BlueA1.jpg
PurpleA2.jpg
PurpleA12.jpg
YellowA1.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re: Colorful Glamour Shots of an Asscher Goshenite - Dan Sta

Spectacular. It's really beautiful, great cutting.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Holy Asscher!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never heard of goshenite, had to run google it, so beautiful!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

That's really stunning. Soooo, it's colorless beryl? Is it in the same family as emerald? What are your plans for setting? Is it durable?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know a whole lot about Goshenite. It looks lovely in the before and after photos and makes me wondering - does it have a high level of dispersion, or is it like other beryls? In any case, it sure looks like a show off!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh MY!! What a gorgeous cut!! Yay Dan Stair!! :appl: :appl:

That stone is amazing in all your shots. I also know nothing about Goshenite - how safe is it to set in a ring? And *what* a ring that would make!! What are your plans for this stone??

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And how did you do that with the photography to make it show off in so many different colors?!!

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock

JF: Very beautiful cutting and everything. Love how the facets picked up the light.

Woofmama: Just another Beryl Beauty. However this one seems to just shine.

Wordie89: Yup, colorless Beryl. Emerald, Aqua, Morganite, Heliodore, Bixbite... Been picking up Beryls here and there to make a piece. Don't know yet - whatever she prefers :)) It is fairly durable, not an everyday wearer for a ring, but not a ring pillowete either.

MB: Got one I think last year from Brad and wondered what it would look like in a beautiful asscher. Totally seems like this one is very dispersive. That's why I tried out the other colors of light to see what it could do. Didn't edit them to show what a neat and fun stone this one was - too often the digital trickery and things take the fun and naturalness out of it.

Enerchi: Dan is awesome! Hmm, for a ring, I was thinking of building a Bezel or working with a thicker edge protector to prevent some cleaving. Overall though, I haven't had a problem with the Morganite ring yet - and some other Beryl jewelry. So we shall see. I think it would make a beautiful ring - though it might not be so... well, daily worn on a size 6 finger. She generally stays away from larger rings and what not, but still think it would be pretty unique for a ring. Maybe on the off days. If not, then I might have Daniel M design a nice necklace with this one and some other Beryl Asschers. To be continued.

MB2: Got some new lights for Christmas - figured I'd try them out! Used only the lights, a mirror, and the cotton it came with for a couple. Hope they turned out ok. Used a regular flash to get a couple neat effects. Trying to mix up traditional photos, and always looking for ways to show off the facets.

Last photos for awhile - moving some things from the Snow to the Sand! Hope to be finished in a couple weeks. Should keep things interesting. Have some other goodies for future shots too. ;)) Thanks for the comments everyone! :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a fun stone to play with; since it is colourless, it picks up colour from its surroundings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow. It's a real beauty.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Oh, a necklace with other beryls would be just stupendous. :love: I want, I want.

Good luck with your move!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Wow, thanks for all the shots!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RTFrog|1388265759|3582068 said:
JF: Very beautiful cutting and everything. Love how the facets picked up the light.

Woofmama: Just another Beryl Beauty. However this one seems to just shine.

Wordie89: Yup, colorless Beryl. Emerald, Aqua, Morganite, Heliodore, Bixbite... Been picking up Beryls here and there to make a piece. Don't know yet - whatever she prefers :)) It is fairly durable, not an everyday wearer for a ring, but not a ring pillowete either.

MB: Got one I think last year from Brad and wondered what it would look like in a beautiful asscher. Totally seems like this one is very dispersive. That's why I tried out the other colors of light to see what it could do. Didn't edit them to show what a neat and fun stone this one was - too often the digital trickery and things take the fun and naturalness out of it.

Enerchi: Dan is awesome! Hmm, for a ring, I was thinking of building a Bezel or working with a thicker edge protector to prevent some cleaving. Overall though, I haven't had a problem with the Morganite ring yet - and some other Beryl jewelry. So we shall see. I think it would make a beautiful ring - though it might not be so... well, daily worn on a size 6 finger. She generally stays away from larger rings and what not, but still think it would be pretty unique for a ring. Maybe on the off days. If not, then I might have Daniel M design a nice necklace with this one and some other Beryl Asschers. To be continued.

MB2: Got some new lights for Christmas - figured I'd try them out! Used only the lights, a mirror, and the cotton it came with for a couple. Hope they turned out ok. Used a regular flash to get a couple neat effects. Trying to mix up traditional photos, and always looking for ways to show off the facets.

Last photos for awhile - moving some things from the Snow to the Sand! Hope to be finished in a couple weeks. Should keep things interesting. Have some other goodies for future shots too. ;)) Thanks for the comments everyone! :D

Thank you for answering us all individually! Well, I must say with all your colors, etc., you were really successful in showing all the facets off!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is so striking and gorgeous!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow it is beautiful. I like all your different colors. The beryl family really knows how to put on a show and Dan cuts amazing stones. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results