shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you wear to work?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What does a typical outfit look like? What's appropriate, what's not?

I'm looking for some new and interesting ideas. I usually wear a silk shell or nice top, slim fitting slacks, and flats. Sometimes a sweater or blazer on top. What do you like to wear?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No ideas here! I have no sense of style and no real rules on what I can wear for work. I normally wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweater with converse. On days that I'm not working with clients and am just in the office doing paperwork I change into flip flops. I work for a charity and we're supposed to dress in a way that doesn't put us miles from our clients in dress. I think it can be too slack though because when I meet up other co-workers and clients I sometimes confuse who is who :lol:

At a previous job I struggled with how to put together outfits. I often wore long black flowing skirts, but had a huge shoe problem. Sneakers and open toed shoes were not allowed and heels were strongly discouraged. I had these closed toed style clogs like Clarks make, like these but with the back half as low http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20312837 but apparently those weren't allowed. I never know what to wear with skirts when heels are discouraged. I opted for black slacks, silky blouse and close toed-open backed kitten heels most days.

I'd be interested to see what others wear. I'm terribly boring and would like to gain a bit more fashion sense.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a fun shirt, usually Dr. Seuss, and khakis (when I can fit into them haha) or dress pants. Not good/spendy dress pants tho, just ones from Kohl's or wherever. Shoes are flip flops when it's nice outside or tennies. I see there are some really cute scrubs w/fun Tigger/Mickey/Seuss patterns, so for next year I may go that route b/c scrubs are about indestructible and last forever. Plus, I like to dress like that for the kids. Aaaand I work at a preschool, so that's not so much help to you haha!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1402599681|3691782 said:
I'm looking for some new and interesting ideas. I usually wear a silk shell or nice top, slim fitting slacks, and flats. Sometimes a sweater or blazer on top. What do you like to wear?
That used to be my work uniform before I got pregnant. Then I found maternity pants to be hugely uncomfortable plus I had to wear support hose for the veins. So I switched to wearing mostly dresses and some skirts. That new way of dressing has stuck me as it's so much easier and faster to get dressed in the morning. My current work wardrobe consists of dresses, skirts, sweaters and jackets. All business casual or full suit business. High heels all the time. And pearls.

Might have a couple pairs of dress pants left somewhere in the closet but don't recall last time I wore them. You should try out dresses. They're fun and there are so many work appropriate options now.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much the same thing as you do because it is classic, yet professional.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PJ's, sweats...shorts..lol I work from home, but when I was going into the office it was jeans and t-shirt, we are a business casual company...let see when I did dress up more, it was dress slacks and a nice top and nice shoes.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1402603144|3691828 said:
PJ's, sweats...shorts..lol I work from home, but when I was going into the office it was jeans and t-shirt, we are a business casual company...let see when I did dress up more, it was dress slacks and a nice top and nice shoes.

This sounds so perfect to me! I'd love to work in an environment where I could wear t-shirt and jeans and occasionally where a nice outfit, instead of the other way around.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We **** stars don't wear much.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
IndyLady|1402599681|3691782 said:
What does a typical outfit look like? What's appropriate, what's not?

I wear pretty much the exact same thing plus a low heel/wedge and the odd dress sometimes. I try to jazz up my outfits with an interesting printed/patterned and/or brightly coloured top (or conversely patterned/coloured slacks/capris with solid/textured top). I like using statement costume jewelry sometimes or patterned silk scarves.

Basically I try to add either colour, pattern or texture to each outfit to make it more interesting.

I'm mid-30s, FWIW.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
We don't have a dress code- today I'm in jeans, a polo, and flip flops. The flip flops are a bit casual for me, but I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant and HOT all the time.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My uniform is a navy blue polo shirt, and I usually wear black (or grey in the warmer months) trousers with it.

I don't like navy or polo shirt, and sometimes I wish I was back in a dressier environment so that I can wear my tailored workwear and more jewellery.

DK :))

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress shirt+jeans/trousers/skirt, or day dresses.

Accessories are a dress watch and earrings, usually pearl studs.

Footwear is always flip flops, I have a hard time wearing shoes due to my bunion.

I try to do a full face of makeup if I'm not running late.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1402604965|3691856 said:
We don't have a dress code- today I'm in jeans, a polo, and flip flops. The flip flops are a bit casual for me, but I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant and HOT all the time.
You should definitely try dresses. So much more comfortable than jeans or anything digging into the waist. I even wore non maternity umpire waist ones while preggo.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
In the summer, I wear sleeveless tops/silk shells, dressy capris, a cardigan if the AC is on too high and low heels. I also wear a lot of dresses with a cardigan and low heels.

In the winter, I wear a lot of V-neck sweaters with slacks and scarves, and high-heel ankle boots.

Jeans are okay every day of the week in our super-casual environment, but I personally only wear jeans on Fridays.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to wear a lab coat all day, but I like it -- especially when I'm feeling really fat! :sick: :lol:

Our dress code just states "professional dress" -- whatever that means. I can wear pretty much anything, with the exception of jeans, open-toe shoes, or anything risque. ;)) I usually rotate black dress pants and a ton of different colors of khaki/gray cotton slacks with lots of different tops. I'm on my feet most all day, so I wear comfy clogs, Sperry's, or sneakers when I'm super casual. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1402604509|3691847 said:
So what's your stage name?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scrubs! I love it! More money for sparklies since I don't need clothes.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a professor and so the standard is very low for me ;)) Outfits range from sweatpants, stained shirt, and TEVA sandals with socks to very fancy outfits! :lol:

I like to dress nicely and semi-professionally (by my standards, which means clean and nicely put together) most days. Today I am wearing pink leather flats with cutouts, indigo colored "jeggings", a black, cinched-waist, empire-waist rayon dress with short sleeves, v-neck, and a medium-full skirt that hits mid-thigh, a chunky and bold "tribal" inspired necklace of shells and coral, and my other jewelery of course. This type of outfit has become my summer go-to uniform -- some type of mid-thigh dress or longish shirt with a belt or cinched waist, leggings, and leather flats with cutouts or roman-esque sandals. I often ride my bike to work -- with my son on his trail-a-bike! -- so leggings are a must.

I usually wear my hair down or in a bun/twist on top of my head. I wear makeup every day.

FYI: I am mid-30s and curvy verging on zaftig :sun: .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...DO NOT post any pics!... :knockout:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1402613917|3691944 said:
Kenny...DO NOT post any pics!... :knockout:

Here's what I wore for my first video.

I made so much money on that video that I could afford this stunning and sexy Armani Privé haute couture little number.

kenny_s_outfit_1.jpeg

kenny_s_ouitfit_2.png

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I put up my shingle 18 years ago, & operate it out of a home office. I wear--of course--whatever. I do have a few relatively current outfits. All my clients (except two) are out of state. I rarely have to go see someone. I dress to suit myself 99.9% of the time, & I love it, but miss the ritual of getting all dressed up sometimes from time to time. My style is completely laid back, but when dressed to go somewhere I wear a lot of classic styles--not faddish.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
diamondrnglover|1402603144|3691828 said:

Me too! That is one luxury about working from home that I LOVE. However when I am not doing internet work (research and marketing for my company and myself) I paint (I am an artist for a living, I do 1/2 digital painting graphic design 1/2 fine art painting), so I throw on this HIDEOUS moo moo sometimes if I am painting a large piece. i have a tendency to get paint all over me so aprons and smocks don't help. This ugly pastel moo moo is the only thing that keeps me and my clothes paint free!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like beautifully tailored clothing. And a splash of pizazz! Dug out my oldie but goodie LV Red Epi bag, St. Jacques (long retired).

Today I wore this dress, but in pink. Plus and old fav, Dolce and Gabanna jacket. Pale, nude, kitten heel, Cole Haan slings.

http://us.sandro-paris.com/rone.html?___store=sandro

Yesterday, this style dress (blue and white stripe) from Banana Republic. Don't buy much from Banana, but the fit is divine. Peruzzi fine cotton blouse over. White strappy cork wedges.

http://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=94903&vid=1&pid=969338003
http://eurodistribution.ca/site/?page_id=558

Day before, Majestic metallic t-shirt and Blumarine pink pants. Cole Haan velvet loafers.

http://www.clothesbymajestic.com/silver-metallic-short-sleeve-crewneck
http://www.blumarine.com/eshop/cms/action/view/contentId/19345/type/Define-content/isPublished/1/

Day before, wore an Anne Fontaine blouse and a Max Mara aline pin striped skirt. Short block heel Amalfi closed toed shoes.

http://www.annefontaine.com/collection/tops.html
http://world.maxmara.com/

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeans, cute top, sweater or hoodie, boots. Almost every day, unless it's summer, and then it's flats.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear what would be considered business casual attire, probably. I hate dresses and skirts on me, so it's usually khakis or some type of dress pant, paired with a button down or a cotton shirt. We can wear jeans on Fridays. I hate heels and I'm on my feet all day, so I usually wear shoes and boots with really low heels or flats. I also wear pajamas a few times a year when it's pajama day. I'm a teacher, so I can get away with things like that. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm fortunate in that there is no real dress code for the clinicians. I usually wear a dress (with leggings or tights) and boots in the colder weather and a dress and ballet flats in the warmer weather. I also love long tunics with leggings in different colors.

When I was younger I only wore suits (pantsuits mostly but skirt suits too) and I prefer what I wear now. Much more comfortable and suits (pun not intended lol) my personality much better.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Tailored pants or skirts, with a blouse, a jacket if I have an external meeting.

I have a wardrobe full of jersey wrap dresses, they are a staple for me.

Always heels, always closed toe even in summer. Opaque tights in winter, nude hose in summer except on the hottest days.

I have a huge wardrobe. Last year I turned a spare room in our house into a dressing room. It's my happy place. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MishB|1402747582|3693038 said:
Tailored pants or skirts, with a blouse, a jacket if I have an external meeting.

I have a wardrobe full of jersey wrap dresses, they are a staple for me.

Always heels, always closed toe even in summer. Opaque tights in winter, nude hose in summer except on the hottest days.

I have a huge wardrobe. Last year I turned a spare room in our house into a dressing room. It's my happy place. :love:

:appl:

I think I love you

amc80

Ideal_Rock
baby monster said:
You should definitely try dresses. So much more comfortable than jeans or anything digging into the waist. I even wore non maternity umpire waist ones while preggo.

Yes! I discovered that late in my last pregnancy. I will probably wear dresses once I'm out of the first trimester and have gone public. People would definitely know something was up if I started wearing dresses to work.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Dress pants, a nice dressy tank and a cardigan. And black knee-his with black flat close-toed shoes. I work in a hospital and have to cover all my tattoos. I don't mind, though, since it's always FREEZING in my office. In the summer, I shed the cardigan and switch to flip-flops when I leave, so I'm not sweltering in the car.

Occasionally I'll wear a dress with leggings (still with the knee-his and flats and a cardigan), but not often since I normally clip my keys to the waistband of my pants and have no where to put them if I'm wearing a dress.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results