carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Just came to complain about my morning sickness.

Its just about unbearable.

With M l had it but not that bad. I didn't even know I was pregnant until like week 9 sense I never had my p back then so that tells you something.

I'm so pathetic. I've already vomited and I never did in my last pregnancy, I can hardly drive or eat anything. At work I have to keep a garbage by me.

I don't know why its so much worse this time. Ugh.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

Niel|1402438644|3690376 said:

With M l had it but not that bad. I didn't even know I was pregnant until like week 9 sense I never had my p back then so that tells you something.

I'm so pathetic. I've already vomited and I never did in my last pregnancy, I can hardly drive or eat anything. At work I have to keep a garbage by me.

So, the positives: you don't have to worry about weight gain and nausea indicates a healthy pregnancy!

When's your first doctor's appointment? Do you know that it's not twins?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1402074668|3687931 said:
SMC|1401999643|3687206 said:
Is anyone else terrified of labor and delivery? The whole process of being pregnant and going through L&D scares me. I read "What to Expect" and found the book more terrifying that reassuring.

If I had to list them out, here are my fears:
1. fecal incontinence from tearing
2. gaining weight and not being able to lose it
3. varicose veins
4. stretch marks

I know that this stuff shouldn't matter as long as I have a healthy baby, but it does matter to me. I'm used to being in pretty good shape and not going to the bathroom in my pants. Is anyone else scared?

Don't worry!! It's not all that bad. I birthed a 9lb 6 oz baby vaginally, and I have no urine or fecal incontinence whatsoever. Gaining weight and not being able to lose it? Yes, but that's because I'm just lazy and don't work out. And I got no varicose veins or stretch marks. What I did experience after my 2nd pregnancy is my shoe size and ring size went up. Kinda sucked because I had to give away all my cute shoes. But that's not the norm, I don't think that happens too often.

My daughter was 9lb 6oz they had no idea. I can remember a particularly cutting remark from my OBGYN that went something like this "I don't know why you're having such a hard time last I checked this baby was only in the 70th percentile".... Ugh.

That was after 30 hours of labor, only diolating 9cm, and M stuck on my hip bone. I ended up getting a full episiotomy to have a vaginal birth. She has a 95 percentile head circumference

I had no incontinence.
I actually weigh 15lbs less than before I had a baby, and I wasn't overweight before.

No veins bit stretch marks for days. Oh well. What am I flashing my belly at everyone??

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1402438981|3690384 said:

So, the positives: you don't have to worry about weight gain and nausea indicates a healthy pregnancy!

Not till July 20something. Must be later because it's my second and my first pregnancy was fine? I dunno.

In the back of my mind I alllmost worry about that. My husbands grandparents on his mothers side had twins but I think those are the only ones that we have in either of our families.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1402439791|3690398 said:

Not till July 20something. Must be later because it's my second and my first pregnancy was fine? I dunno.

In the back of my mind I alllmost worry about that. My husbands grandparents on his mothers side had twins but I think those are the only ones that we have in either of our families.

I'm so sorry you are so sick :( If it keeps up, maybe you can check with your doctor about a zofran prescription? Very odd that your appointment isn't until July 20, how far will you be then?

Oh, and the good news is that your husband's side of the family doesn't impact your likelihood of twins. But the crazy m/s would make me wonder :) Of course, mine was awful my first time around and this time is much better (so far!), so I'm inclined to believe it just varies.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1402440504|3690408 said:

I'm so sorry you are so sick :( If it keeps up, maybe you can check with your doctor about a zofran prescription? Very odd that your appointment isn't until July 20, how far will you be then?

Oh, and the good news is that your husband's side of the family doesn't impact your likelihood of twins. But the crazy m/s would make me wonder :) Of course, mine was awful my first time around and this time is much better (so far!), so I'm inclined to believe it just varies.

I've read girls also increases the severity of your m/s, so maybe it's twin girls! ;-)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1402440752|3690416 said:

I've read girls also increases the severity of your m/s, so maybe it's twin girls! ;-)

Haha that's just mean!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My first child was a girl so that theory is out lol. Unless its twins. :blackeye:
I really don't want to take any meds if I can function. I just worry about that stuff.
I'm about to call and ask why my apt is so far away. I'll be 12-13weeks I think.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1402442979|3690446 said:

My first child was a girl so that theory is out lol. Unless its twins. :blackeye:
I really don't want to take any meds if I can function. I just worry about that stuff.
I'm about to call and ask why my apt is so far away. I'll be 12-13weeks I think.

Just say you're crazy sick and would like to be seen sooner to make everything is okay.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi Ladies!

I'm sick, too :blackeye: I promised my DH that after 14 months of TTC I would welcome a little morning sickness if it meant we were pregnant. I lied.

It's manageable so far and I haven't thrown up yet; but I just feel so crappy today and the only relief is to constantly eat. I'm going to be the size of a house by the time this is over if I keep eating like this. I am starving all.the.time. I'm going to see what the next week brings and ask for Zofran if I need it.

We're also telling family on Father's Day this weekend. It's a little early, but parents and siblings are the ones who would know if something bad happens, anyway, so it's ok. We'll wait to tell friends until after 12/13 weeks. I'm the boss at work, so no manager to tell, but I will have to tell my employees; how soon is going to entirely depend on how sick I get!

We're seeing a midwives group who delivers at the local hospital, and I have my first appointment on June 23!

Oh, and I totally went out and bought the Target version of the bella band already and several loose tops, cause even if someone else might not notice, I feel very self conscious about my bloated little belly. I love the band!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

aviastar|1402504942|3690939 said:
Hi Ladies!

I'm sick, too :blackeye: I promised my DH that after 14 months of TTC I would welcome a little morning sickness if it meant we were pregnant. I lied.

It's manageable so far and I haven't thrown up yet; but I just feel so crappy today and the only relief is to constantly eat. I'm going to be the size of a house by the time this is over if I keep eating like this. I am starving all.the.time. I'm going to see what the next week brings and ask for Zofran if I need it.

We're also telling family on Father's Day this weekend. It's a little early, but parents and siblings are the ones who would know if something bad happens, anyway, so it's ok. We'll wait to tell friends until after 12/13 weeks. I'm the boss at work, so no manager to tell, but I will have to tell my employees; how soon is going to entirely depend on how sick I get!

We're seeing a midwives group who delivers at the local hospital, and I have my first appointment on June 23!

Oh, and I totally went out and bought the Target version of the bella band already and several loose tops, cause even if someone else might not notice, I feel very self conscious about my bloated little belly. I love the band!

Welcome, and so happy to have you here! I believe there are three of us who all have our first appointments on June 23 :)

I know what you mean about constantly eating. I easily put on 10lbs since February due to two early miscarriages in a row. I was pregnant just long enough to get to the "I must eat ALL the time" stage...no fun.

I've been buying up maternity clothes on Ebay. I'm starting out bigger than I did last time so I don't know how much of the stuff I have will fit.

We had tri tip last night that had been marinated in a pepper sauce. All I can taste now is that meat and it is grossing me out. I threw up this morning but nothing came up, since I hadn't eaten since dinner last night. I can't get the taste out of my mouth (brain?) and it is making me (literally) sick. I've had a sandwich, banana, and a fresca, and no luck. For some reason with this pregnancy I'm really adverse to stuff that is heavily spiced. Odd.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I'm the 3rd one with an appt on Jun 23! Will be 8w2d then!

I am starting to feel slightly nauseous all the time now but haven't needed to puke yet, but each day is definitely a little worse than the one before. I still consider myself lucky. I find that eating something (for me, it's one of those turkey bacon & egg white sandwiches from Starbucks) makes me feel better. I have to force myself to eat it though.

I feel like I haven't been eating too much more but I'm definitely getting bigger everywhere. I suppose it's because my body is more efficient at absorbing nutrition.

aviastar, is this your first child?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1402439245|3690388 said:
Laila619|1402074668|3687931 said:
SMC|1401999643|3687206 said:
Is anyone else terrified of labor and delivery? The whole process of being pregnant and going through L&D scares me. I read "What to Expect" and found the book more terrifying that reassuring.

If I had to list them out, here are my fears:
1. fecal incontinence from tearing
2. gaining weight and not being able to lose it
3. varicose veins
4. stretch marks

I know that this stuff shouldn't matter as long as I have a healthy baby, but it does matter to me. I'm used to being in pretty good shape and not going to the bathroom in my pants. Is anyone else scared?

Don't worry!! It's not all that bad. I birthed a 9lb 6 oz baby vaginally, and I have no urine or fecal incontinence whatsoever. Gaining weight and not being able to lose it? Yes, but that's because I'm just lazy and don't work out. And I got no varicose veins or stretch marks. What I did experience after my 2nd pregnancy is my shoe size and ring size went up. Kinda sucked because I had to give away all my cute shoes. But that's not the norm, I don't think that happens too often.

My daughter was 9lb 6oz they had no idea. I can remember a particularly cutting remark from my OBGYN that went something like this "I don't know why you're having such a hard time last I checked this baby was only in the 70th percentile".... Ugh.

That was after 30 hours of labor, only diolating 9cm, and M stuck on my hip bone. I ended up getting a full episiotomy to have a vaginal birth. She has a 95 percentile head circumference

Ugh, so annoying right? Same thing happened with me, my daughter was predicted to only be about 7.5 lbs. And supposedly I was measuring small the entire pregnancy. :roll: HAH! How was your recovery? Did you have to have a boatload of stitches? I had a midwife and I don't think she stitched my tear too well at all. Even though I don't have any incontinence or any other issues, I just feel more 'open' down there after having her. Kinda wish I had opted for the episiotomy instead of tearing. I am NOT having the same midwife this time around.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I'm also starting to feel a bit sick on occasion, especially when I'm hungry. I can't tell if it's true morning sickness, though, or just psychosomatic. I hit six weeks on Sunday, so it could easily get worse from here.

I can't believe it's still 20 days until my first appointment! Does anyone else feel like time is just dragging?

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Warning: Novel Ahead

Hi, ladies :) Pardon the intrusion: I'm not currently pregnant, but I was just popping into this thread ... to ... I don't know? We have an almost-4-year old boy and a 9 mo old baby girl, and have been having the vasectomy talk lately. I'm sure that a vasectomy is the right decision and I do not want another baby, but a part of me mourns that I'll never get to go through labor again (yeah, even I think it's crazy to want to do it again, esp when mine weren't easy or fun) and I'll never have a scrunched-up newborn again. I'm not particularly fond of newborns (so needy! no smiles or giggle fits or personality!), but at 9 months, my daughter is very mobile and interactive, and when I saw a friend's newborn the other day, part of me was sad that the scrunched-up, sleeps-all-the-time phase is gone for her and I won't be going through it again with another baby. Anyway, I guess I was just browsing the pg threads out of some sense of nostalgia?

Anyhoo, I could have written quite a few of these posts a few years ago. DH and I married very young and waited for 10 years before having kids b/c we didn't want any until then. First it was finishing school for me, then we enjoyed international travel, having tons of free time, and - for me anyway - cooking elaborate / fancy meals (I used to make homemade pasta and French macarons, among many other things that Present Day Me cannot fathom. I made homemade popsicles with 4 ingredients tonight and felt pretty good about myself.) We didn't have a ton of money, but we were comfortable and were able to swing the things that we really wanted and loved. Growing up, I never wanted kids, never played with doll babies, never liked babysitting, etc. When we finally decided to go for it and TTC, obviously our stance on kids had softened and we were excited but terrified! I'd never changed a diaper until I had to do it for my son! When beginning to TTC, I secretly hoped it would take us a while, mainly so I could adjust to the idea and also so I could "feel disappointment" when my period inevitably arrived ... hoping that the disappointment would make me realize how much I really did want to get pg. However, I got pg the very first try. Coincidentally, the same thing happened with my 2nd baby, and I'd also been hoping for a little time to ease into the idea of #2. Don't mistake me, though, I know how very lucky I am to not have had fertility struggles. My Mom tried for years and years before having me, and my brother and SIL have been TTC for almost 2 years without luck; my heart aches for them and I suppose I'd just assumed I'd have issues as well.

Anyway, I stayed excited-and-terrified the whole way through pg #1 and beyond. What SMC said about finding it hard to believe you could love someone you've never met simply b/c you made him/her, I totally get. That was me. And people kept telling me that it would all change the very moment I saw or held my baby for the first time... the proverbial thunderclap. Which only made it worse for me when it didn't. I was still excited and terrified, but felt like a bad mom who'd made a terrible mistake b/c I didn't feel a huge rush of love-beyond-all-love. I really wanted to sleep. Even after we brought him home, I marveled at him and "loved" him and felt protective towards him, but it wasn't the love-of-all-loves feeling I'd been hoping for. Kind of like how some people say "I love him but I'm not IN LOVE with him" regarding romantic relationships. I had to fall IN LOVE with my son over his first weeks, maybe even months. Now, of course, I love him to such a degree that it almost manifests itself physically. I ache with love for him at times. He's a very stubborn and quick-tempered kid at times, and there are very frustrating days, times where I wish I could lock myself in the bathroom with some bubble bath, a good book, and a Xanax, *but* the "highs" are SO high that it's ridiculous how happy I can be. I pinch myself that I "did" this, that I "made" him, that he's mine. For the record, I'm still not crazy about kids in general. Other people's kids, meh. Mine? No words can describe. When my daughter was born, I was so much less neurotic and not terrified at all. I was more relaxed and tried to cherish her when she was a tiny newborn more, not so much because I was "in love" with her then (again, no thunderbolt immediately after her birth), but because I *knew* how much I would come to love her (and, boy, was that right!). I'd give almost anything to have my son back as a newborn for a day, because I love him so much now and that baby that he was would be SO precious to me, knowing what I do now. I've written this novel-length post basically just to tell anyone who feels terrified, that I really think it'll all be okay for you, and you're definitely not alone. And if you don't see the heavens open up and hear the angels sing when they first place this strange, bluish-gray, bloody creature in your arms for the first time, that's okay too.

For the record, the thought of taking a young kid to Disney used to practically give me hives so I LOL'd at that side comment. Spending lots of money to take a whiny, grubby kid to a crowded place where meltdowns will inevitably ensue ... no thank you! DH and I were above that, LOL. Our son went with us to NYC, Paris/Alsace/Normandy, and Buenos Aires, all before his 2nd bday. And you know what? They were great trips! Different from how it would have been before, but still great. BUT we just got back from Disneyland a couple weeks ago, and much to my surprise, it was fantastic! Seeing it through the eyes of my 4 year old, and watching him be SO happy, I can't wait to go again when our daughter is old enough to go too.

If you made it all the way through this crazy post, thanks for reading! I'll probably disappear again since I'm not the "target audience" for this thread, but I wish you all the very best of luck. p.s. For morning sickness - ha, funny term ... more like permanent queasiness for me - my doc approved half of a Unisom (doxylamine) + half of a Vitamin B12 twice a day and it was a godsend. Seemed to have less side effects than Zofran. I'd have liked not to have taken any meds, but I reached a breaking point and was much happier after. I still felt a bit sick / had food aversions / was fatigued all the time, but it made life bearable.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Tara, I just wanted to wish you luck with your decision the vasectomy issue. And let you know that I think it's completely normal to sort of mourn the thought of never having another newborn. I think the second time around you feel it even deeper because you truly understand how fast it goes. I was in the same boat as you--was with DH for over 12 years before we had kids, didn't love babies the way some women do, got pregnant quickly both times (feel very blessed), so I didn't feel really ready. had a full life prior to kids, etc. My younger DD is 4 months old today and I feel a sadness as I watch her grow, knowing it is the last time I will experience each stage.

I want to be done as I feel 2 fits our life best. DH would like another, but understands why 2 is better. When I tell him I'm sad about not experiencing another baby, he tries to cheer me up by telling me we can have another when I really just need to focus on all the positives. Anyway, our plan is still to wait another several years before exploring a vasectomy. I don't want to suddenly be on board with a third, then it not be possible.

Sorry for the threadjack!

Ladies, the nausea is NO FUN!!! But once you're through it, it becomes a distant memory quickly. And if you need to eat to feel better, EAT!! Both times I gained 10 pounds in the first trimester (but only gained another 13 the first time and another 10 the second time). Just do what you need to do to try to feel well enough to function. And if you start to vomit, don't shy away from the Zofran. It doesn't take away all the nausea, but it definitely keeps you from vomiting, which is critical when you need to be functional at work and home!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Just another *hug* to the "morning" sickness gals. I had 24/7 sickness from 5 weeks through delivery (sorry to scare you!) and vomited everywhere. I felt like it would never end. I was terrified that I would still be nauseas all the time even after my baby was born.The second I delivered the placenta the nausea went away and I literally said to DH "what's for lunch and let's have another baby soon".

pregnancy for me was horrible and felt like it would never be done. Now, I look at my 4 month old and hope I'll get to experience it again and at least the next time I will know that it definitely ends, which will feel so much better!

but, in the meantime, huge hugs b/c it sucks!!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

tara3056, thank you for the post! What you said about wanting to feel disappointment when trying to get pregnant really resonated with me. I felt the same way - I hoped that not succeeding in getting pregnant for a few months would make me realize how much I really wanted a baby. When it happened the first time we tried, I was shocked! I mean, I realize how lucky I am and stuff, but it doesn't make me more ready or more accepting of a child in my life. Like you, I've never changed a diaper - and I don't plan on doing it until I have to. I'm used to picking up poop though (I have a dog) so hopefully I won't be too grossed out by it.

I'm hoping that my feelings towards the baby will change - and from what I've read, there's a very good chance that they will.

My morning sickness has been pretty much lasting all day since Monday. I feel carsick the entire day. It's not a good feeling but I haven't puked yet (though I've certainly wanted to). It seems like it's pretty moderate in terms of morning sickness, but I'll bring it up to the doctor when I see her.

ladypirate, my appointment is still almost a full 2 weeks away! I definitely feel like time is dragging!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

SMC|1402505613|3690956 said:

Yup! We've been married 2 years and are both 31.

We've got quite a June 23rd club going on! What's that, 1.5+ weeks away? I think mine is just a confirmation of the pregnancy and a chat with the midwife. They are a super low intervention practice, so I don't think we'll get early scans.

Thanks to all the BTDT Moms for posting- your experiences are reassuring, to say the least!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

aviastar|1402588956|3691611 said:
SMC|1402505613|3690956 said:

Yup! We've been married 2 years and are both 31.

We've got quite a June 23rd club going on! What's that, 1.5+ weeks away? I think mine is just a confirmation of the pregnancy and a chat with the midwife. They are a super low intervention practice, so I don't think we'll get early scans.

Thanks to all the BTDT Moms for posting- your experiences are reassuring, to say the least!

1.5 weeks, that doesn't seem too bad! DH has that day off already and I'm going to be "sick" so that we can enjoy a kid-free day together. I think we are going to the movies which is so rare these days. We used to go almost every weekend...until late pregnancy when (for some reason) the movie theater chairs would give me contractions. Anyway, assuming all goes well at the appointment, it should be a great day.

I will definitely get an u/s...I'm not sure if that's my last appointment with the RE or not...I have a feeling I will have another appointment 2 weeks later and then get released to my OB.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

tara3056 said:
For morning sickness - ha, funny term ... more like permanent queasiness for me - my doc approved half of a Unisom (doxylamine) + half of a Vitamin B12 twice a day and it was a godsend.

I forgot to comment on this- there is a new category A medicine for morning sickness called Diclegis. I talked to my pharmacist friend and apparently all it is is B6 and Unisom. A lot of insurances won't cover it (or it's really expensive since there's on generic), so talk to your doctor/pharmacist about just "making" your own. It's supposed to be awesome.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AMC, I think I was released from the RE after an 8-week visit. I think we had 2 ultrasounds with the RE.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

JGator|1402590377|3691620 said:
AMC, I think I was released from the RE after an 8-week visit. I think we had 2 ultrasounds with the RE.

Good to know. I think I remember them saying you get released at 9 weeks. I will be 7w for my first u/s which makes me thing they do another one at 9w. But, you know, pregnancy brain is in full swing so I could be making it all up.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

For all you "Just Barelys", do you have any gender preferences? This is my first so theoretically, I shouldn't care. I'm hoping for boy because his family is traditional and would like to have someone "carry on the family name" and have "sons beget sons" IYKWIM. However, if there wasn't the familial pressure, I'd really like a girl. I enjoy spending time with my nieces more than my nephews, and girl stuff is so much cuter!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1402595557|3691699 said:
For all you "Just Barelys", do you have any gender preferences? This is my first so theoretically, I shouldn't care. I'm hoping for boy because his family is traditional and would like to have someone "carry on the family name" and have "sons beget sons" IYKWIM. However, if there wasn't the familial pressure, I'd really like a girl. I enjoy spending time with my nieces more than my nephews, and girl stuff is so much cuter!

Not really. With #1, I really wanted a boy. Mainly because I would be okay if I never had a daughter, but I knew I would want at least one son. So that was nicely taken care of. We want three kids, and ideally I'd want B-B-G. That way the boys can do their boy stuff and the girl would be the baby who would hang with me and get pedicures and such while the boys are off shooting things. Or whatever.

But, about 51% of me wants a girl next. It would really take the pressure off of #3, as far as NEEDING a girl that time. I would love for B to have a brother close in age. God knows the kid could use a partner in crime to burn energy off. But every time I see a cute headband or dress or something I just think about how nice it would be to have a girl. I don't think I realized how badly I wanted a girl (or, wanted one at all) until I had a boy. We always joke that all of the pretty was used up by B- he has amazingly long eye lashes, really thick, blonde hair, and really nice, full lips. He would make a gorgeous girl. I'm sure if we have a girl she won't get any of those traits.

So, that's a long way of saying that a girl would be awesome, but there are definitely benefits to having another boy. Actually, if I'm being honest, it's probably more like 75% wanting a girl.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I found a FRER in my closet!

I'm going with positive :)

image-1810500024.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1402595557|3691699 said:
I want a girl. I feel bad having a gender preference but I just do. I dobt like boys ages 5-13. I mean I don't like girls 13-17 but I at least understand them.
Also I have Ms hand me downs and they are SOOO cute . I don't wanna waste them on only one baby.

I felt like s$#@ all day today. I was dry heaving this morning but whatever went to work. Felt like crap all day until 5 when I just couldn't take it and skipped out early. As soon as I walked out the door I started throwing up in the bushes. Soooo embarrassing!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Re:

No gender preference here--actually, I think I'll be a little disappointed either way because I'll think about all the things I'll miss out on if it had been the other! :lol:

Anyone else dealing with paranoia to a stupid degree? First trimester is the worst. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, I'm nauseous, I have to pee constantly, and I am worried that something is wrong or that the bean isn't going to stick. I was researching ectopic pregnancies this afternoon (bad idea, I know) and now I'm worried about that. It's going to be a long month until my first ultrasound, and a long six weeks until the second trimester starts and I feel like I can relax.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

ladypirate|1402614300|3691954 said:
No gender preference here--actually, I think I'll be a little disappointed either way because I'll think about all the things I'll miss out on if it had been the other! :lol:

Anyone else dealing with paranoia to a stupid degree?
First trimester is the worst. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, I'm nauseous, I have to pee constantly, and I am worried that something is wrong or that the bean isn't going to stick. I was researching ectopic pregnancies this afternoon (bad idea, I know) and now I'm worried about that. It's going to be a long month until my first ultrasound, and a long six weeks until the second trimester starts and I feel like I can relax.

Um, yeah, I'll be 6w on Saturday and I took a HPT today. Every time I go to the bathroom I check for blood. Sometimes I will have random pains that are on one side or the other, so of course it's ectopic. Another 10 weeks or so until movement will be felt....and at that point I will relax a little.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80 said:
ladypirate|1402614300|3691954 said:

Anyone else dealing with paranoia to a stupid degree?
First trimester is the worst. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, I'm nauseous, I have to pee constantly, and I am worried that something is wrong or that the bean isn't going to stick. I was researching ectopic pregnancies this afternoon (bad idea, I know) and now I'm worried about that. It's going to be a long month until my first ultrasound, and a long six weeks until the second trimester starts and I feel like I can relax.

Um, yeah, I'll be 6w on Saturday and I took a HPT today. Every time I go to the bathroom I check for blood. Sometimes I will have random pains that are on one side or the other, so of course it's ectopic. Another 10 weeks or so until movement will be felt....and at that point I will relax a little.

Haha, I'm the same way! I wish I didn't have to wait til 8 weeks to find out that it is not. I have never been as excited to visit a doctor as I am now.

First trimester sucks - feel nauseous all day long, have to hide it at work, and I can't even talk to my friends about it because I haven't told them yet. Also, I have been unable to eat anything since breakfast - everything makes me want to gag.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results