carat
color
clarity

Juicing Fast

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
IndyLady|1402419537|3690144 said:
ckrickett|1402243442|3688855 said:
So To try and help my body feel better, and to lose some weight I have committed to a Juice only fast (think the reboot with joe)

I have given myself 3 milestones. First the 10 day fast. If I feel good and can continue then I will go to 30 day fast. If I feel good and want to continue then a 60 day.

I am on day 7, and so far so good, Lost about 6 pounds. I just miss chewing!

I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it, have experiences with it. Or have good juice recipes!

Sorry this thread has taken a turn away from your original comment. I haven't done a juice cleanse, but I have incorporated veggie juices into my diet after getting a juicer at home. I like to juice spinach, kale, and lemon for a little kick and taste. I've never really tried any recipes--I just throw in what I have at home. I think the process is kind of fun, and love having a cold, healthy drink.

Congrats to you on losing weight as well. I think that cutting out processed foods can really clear your palate and reset some cravings.

Thanks!

And I don't mind the thread taking a turn. Hearing other peoples opinions on this help a lot!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1402429443|3690256 said:
I was thinking the same thing, IndyLady. Crickett didn't really ask what people thought of the whole idea, just if we had any experience or good recipes. In the juices I have made, I really like a bit of ginger. Gives it a nice kick, and ginger has so many health benefits.

Exactly! But you know what they say about opinions... :lol:

I've done a 3 day juice fast. I lost 8 pounds and kept off 5 for several months until I got pregnant. It was a great 3 days, and I thought it was just the right length of time for me. I actually didn't own a juicer at that time. Instead, I just drank those Bolthouse and Naked juices from the supermarket, as well as lots of water. I remember feeling really good and really alert/focused the second and third day.

We bought a juicer that same summer, for $15! I can't remember what brand, but it's a very nice one and was barely used (which is typical since people buy them and give up pretty easily.) I keep meaning to dig it out from its cabinet space and use it because I have a ton of produce right now that we need to consume before it gets overripe. Thanks for the inspiration!

My husband usually does the juicing and he knows all the good combinations. I think he does a lot of carrots/apples/spinach/kale. He put something in without removing the rind once and it was horrible, can't remember what it was! :knockout:

Here's a fun blog with some great recipes: http://www.choosingraw.com/you-ask-i-deliver-my-top-ten-favorite-juice-recipes/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results