shape
carat
color
clarity

how to take care of diamond studs?

diamond6

Rough_Rock
i will get diamond studs, my first diamonds ever soon and am very excited, but was wondering how do you take care of them?

1) do you sleep in them?, do they poke at the back if you do sleep in them?
2) do you take a bath/ shower in them?
3) do you swim with them on in your ear in indoor chlorinated pools?

How do you clean them?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warning - the responses to your question will vary!

I don't wear my studs every day, so no 24/7. I don't like to wear any jewelry when I'm sleeping, so no sleeping with my studs in. I clean my diamond studs after every wearing, just using a commercial jewelry cleaner like Connoisseur's.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on getting diamond studs! They are such a classic look, you're going to love them.

You're going to get varying replies to these questions, but here's what I do:

1) do you sleep in them?, do they poke at the back if you do sleep in them? No, because they poke at the back lol!
2) do you take a bath/ shower in them? No, I take them off when I shower. I'm afraid they'll fall out and go down the drain.
3) do you swim with them on in your ear in indoor chlorinated pools? No, I don't wear earrings or rings when I swim.

As for cleaning, I usually just soak them for a minute in Weimans jewelry cleaner and rinse, or I wipe them down with rubbing alcohol.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
1) No
2) No
3) No.

I don't wear them to do "activities", so no sports, no exercise, no cleaning, etc. I clean them each time I wear them and then again when removing them.

toaster

Rough_Rock
I don't wear mine when sleeping, like others have said... they poke me in the head.

I do not take a shower with them on... also afraid they will come off and go down the drain (i had a cheapie earring come off in the shower once... so not taking a chance with diamonds!)

I would not swim in them either (I'd be afraid, if they came off... I'd lose them in the pool)

I either clean them when I take them off before bed or in the morning before I put them on.... I mostly just soak them in jewelry cleaner... once in a while I'll use the little brush on them but not every day like I do with my rings....

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) do you sleep in them?, do they poke at the back if you do sleep in them? No, because whenever I HAVE slept in them, they need to be cleaned right away. I just sleep in these tiny little round hoops.

2) do you take a bath/ shower in them? No, because then they'd get all weird from the shampoo/conditioner in them and I'd have to take them out afterwards to clean them anyway.

-- The above two are pretty much personal preference, I think. I just don't see the point of making more work for myself in terms of cleaning them.

3) do you swim with them on in your ear in indoor chlorinated pools? I just wear stainless steel earrings if I am going to be swimming-swimming (as opposed to lounging around in a swimsuit and sticking my feet in). If your studs are gold rather than plat - do NOT wear them into the pool! The chlorinated water can make them brittle and create an increased chance of the metal breaking.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sleep and shower with mine. I try not to wash my hair with the studs on because the conditioner really gunks them up. I take them off when I go swimming, just in case, though I've never had a problem with them becoming loose in my ears. To clean, I soak them in hot water with a little dish detergent and Windex, then scrub with a baby toothbrush.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) Yes. No.
2) Yes.
3) No.

I clean mine once a week using either jewelry solution or joy mixed into hot water.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yes Yes and Yes....

I wear my studs 24/7....I have friction backs and they don't poike me. I take them out to clean only they are 2.40 total so they aren't small and I don't even know they are in.

So do whats good for you. I take them out and clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner.....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting to be getting your first diamond studs.

I would answer no to all of your questions.

I clean mine each night after wearing them by soaking them in either warm soapy dish soap or the pink jewelry cleaner. Since earrings get smudgy from hair, hair care products and your fingers I use a baby toothbrush to scrub the diamonds about once a month.

I hope to see pictures of them when you get them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results