shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone like jade jewelry?

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
As the title says, do you like natural jade jewelry? Honestly, I like jade more than pearl. I have one green jade bangle my husband presented last year. I think bright green better than deep green. Anyway, it is his gift, and it has wounderful luster. I appreciate it very much.
What about yours?

dsc02067.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your photo. A beautiful gift from someone who loves you - what more can one ask for. Out of curiosity,is it a family heirloom or a new purchase?
I like pearls and jade too. They are each beautiful in their own ways. But due to the high price of good quality untreated jadeite and the fact I am still very much a novice when it comes to jade, I have very very few jade pieces.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I do like jade and have serveral pieces. Here is one that is pearls and jade that I have had for a very long time. Sorry for the bad picture and it is on a lavender tablecloth too but at least you can get the idea.

100_0146.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I love jade bangles. My grandmother gave me one in 2007 and I haven't taken it off for over 7 years. There's a myth that jade protects the wearer.
imageuploadedbytapatalk1389404255.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jade does not agree with me, their colours fade over time when I wore them in the past.

It did not help that I lost my mum's jade centre stone from a very nice ring that she loaned to me over 20 years ago, and have not worn jade since.

DK :))

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty bangles!

I have a few pieces including a bangle. Most of it from trips to China and a few inherited pieces.
Some friends have broken their bangles, so I'm more careful with mine these days. I'd like to give it to my daughter eventually.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
I do like Jade and Pearl. Here are a couple of items I have.

jade5_006aeeb474_b_0.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
There is a belief amongst Chinese that if something happens to the piece of jade (eg break,, crack etc ) at the time when you are wearing it, it had protected you from harm. So I have seen parents express relief rather than blame the child when the jade jewellery they are wearing is damaged or lost. ;))
Attached a photo of my latest & hopefully not the last jade purchase. It is apple green in colour. Sorry, the lighting in the photo is poor.

20140524_203322-1-1-1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
YC -- that's a lovely reaction to, and story about, broken/lost jade pieces! Reminds me of the saying if a bird poops on your head, it's a sign of good luck. Or if it rains on your wedding day, that's a good sign for a happy marriage. These sayings do cheer me up.

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, YC, It is not a heirloom. I like you ring, and I like the color very much. Jadeite is something with a long history and profounded culture. the old saying is that jade protects the wearer.In China, there is also a saying that each kind of colorful gemstone is l ucky stone of someone. It sounds interesting.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love a nice jadeite -apple green/translucent - pendant but way over my budget. I have a few jade pieces of not so good quality-especially a large green jade necklace from Guatamala-very dark green. Those beads that were featured from Clark's Estate were to die for. I like the vintage and antique pieces as fake jadeite is common and I am not a jade expert.

AnnaHawes

Rough_Rock
:lickout: both all like . i think jade jewelry better for everyday .
but the pearl for wedding will nice ... how do you think ?

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
I work in finance and almost all of the women in my department (the few of us) all wear jade. I think it's lovely!

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1400957168|3679342 said:
YC -- that's a lovely reaction to, and story about, broken/lost jade pieces! Reminds me of the saying if a bird poops on your head, it's a sign of good luck. Or if it rains on your wedding day, that's a good sign for a happy marriage. These sayings do cheer me up.

That is called positive thinking.
Lovely ring!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaHawes|1401112485|3680298 said:

We ladies who frequent the pearl forum think otherwise :naughty: most of us wear pearls daily. Pearls , maybe with the exception of poor quality akoyas, can last a long time of you take care of them.

Thanks love paradise and melody saw, thank you for your compliments.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Lambskin, I agree with you. There are vendors who pass off other green stones as jade or don't disclose treatments or sell low quality jade. If I were spending a small fortune on a jade product, I would probably want it certified.

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
LindyLoooo|1401235320|3681295 said:
I work in finance and almost all of the women in my department (the few of us) all wear jade. I think it's lovely!
Hi, LindyLoooo, jadeite has gorgeous luster in all directions that is completely different style from pearl. it has cultural connotation. In China, the jade wearers are more than the pear ones, especially bangle style and pendant. like these below

_18941.jpg

psb__1_0.jpg

psb__2_.jpg

psb__3_.jpg

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
YC|1401284410|3681624 said:
AnnaHawes|1401112485|3680298 said:

We ladies who frequent the pearl forum think otherwise :naughty: most of us wear pearls daily. Pearls , maybe with the exception of poor quality akoyas, can last a long time of you take care of them.

Thanks love paradise and melody saw, thank you for your compliments.

Jadeite is breakable, household women usually wear pendant jade but bangle. you have to wear it with special care. pearl relatively is endurable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results