shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Ring Questions

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my brother's fiancee mentioned yesterday that she was thinking about a pearl wedding ring. I know just enough about pearls to realize exactly how little I know about pearls, and they know even less than that. Her engagement ring is a 1.1 ct rb in the Vatche U113 in rose gold. Given the fugliness of the pearl wedding rings I've found by googling, I figure it'll have to be custom made ... but where do you get something like that custom made? It should be one of those pearls that is all nacre without a big bead in it, right? Who is the right vendor for this sort of thing? What sort of care would be needed?

Oh my god PS please help me.

I did already tell her to get a plain matching band just to switch things up, and she likes that idea, so I don't think we're necessarily dealing with an all-the-time wear wedding ring. But we'll see. I want to do some research first so I actually have some idea what I'm talking about.

She has stuff like this pinned:
http://store.mociun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49_50&products_id=637#!/285-single-band-moon-and-stars-ring/
So I think she wants something like that with alternating diamonds and pearls or something?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Just because you can think up a design, doesn't made it a good idea. That is a special occasion ring or it will be damaged in no time. Most brides wear rings daily.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As mentioned already, pearls are too soft and fragile for daily wear.

Even the likes of tourmaline, garnets and Tanzanites are considered to be too soft for daily wear, and pearls are even softer than these gemstones.

Go ahead if one's heart is all set to have a pearl wedding ring or band, however, can't say one has not been warned!

DK :))

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
As long as she realises the pearl will have to be replaced when it wears to the bead or looses its luster why not give one a try. It's not like pearls are all that expensive. There are many great rings on the internet, do you really want a custom design?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A special pearl for a special person deserves a custom ring, and Hisano's special ring from Jeremy springs to mind (aka Mrs. and Mr. Pearl Paradise for those who do not know) - that is a beautiful (special occasion) ring for certain.

http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8831

DK :))

AnnaHawes

Rough_Rock
i think south sea pearl will nice for wedding . the color is really awesome .

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1401880946|3686230 said:
As long as she realises the pearl will have to be replaced when it wears to the bead or looses its luster why not give one a try. It's not like pearls are all that expensive. There are many great rings on the internet, do you really want a custom design?

But that's my whole question - where are the great pearl band rings? I can't find ones that aren't fugly ones from mall stores. I've looked through a lot of the places recommended in other threads here but they just have the big single pearl type rings. Gorgeous, but not what they might be looking for.

And guys, I'm well aware pearls aren't a daily wear ring. I imagine there's enough in the budget for a plain band and pearl + diamond ring or a diamond band and a separate pearl one, so the pearl one would only be worn on special occasions. I haven't talked to them in detail about it yet because I'm waiting until I have more knowledge, otherwise the conversation will probably be a failure. Guiding people in their jewelry purchases doesn't work so well if I'm don't appear to be the all-knowing jewelry goddess, lol.

I can't say I've ever really been into pearls before, but scouring this forum yesterday and today has made me really want some. I have some cheapo misshapen real ones and some fake ones, but now I want some nice real ones! You guys, I already want to collect all the colors of colored stones on the planet, we DON'T need to add pearls to that.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pic was pulled from her wedding pinterest, but the store it came from has since closed:
1f472c6bd20e9bf63b9e2162e9a82fe9.jpg

That's the idea, though preferably not an eternity. I'd prefer to find something with pearls that aren't so wacky and something that looks less like it was just smushed together. I don't really think the "rustic" look will go too well with her super sleek e-ring.

Here are the band rings from her general jewelry pinterest:

9ac9ebaed803cdf0ace7d3c276c2afb2_0.jpg

fa4e707d0ad5bf2242d79468ef63b373.jpg

So I guess something like that but with pearls. I've seen antique rings like that but can't find modern ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results