shape
carat
color
clarity

*Congratulations To LORELEI! She Reached 40,000 Postings!!!*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Lorelei!!! You have posted 40,000 times, each one in the service of Pricescope readers. It is traditional to say, "Congratulations", but I think saying, "Thank you" to someone who contributes so much is more appropriate. I thank you for all that you have done for our community!!!

Big hugs,
Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
:saint:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: *Congratulations To LORELEI! She Reached 40,000 Postings

Congratulations, Lorelei. You've are such a wonderful asset to Pricescope. :wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Deb, thank you so much!! It's so nice to be ' home' and to hit this milestone, how did DS and I ever hit 40k.... :shock: It doesn't feel like that many, that's for sure, but I would like to say each post has been a pleasure and I have learnt so much along the way from all of you.

So many wonderful people have been mentors to me, they know who they are, I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their help, sharing their knowledge with me and their encouragement over the years. If I have helped a few people along the way, that was only possible thanks to them. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I would also like to thank Leo and Irina for their encouragement and kindness in my early days and to Andrey and Ella when they ably took the helm at Pricescope, thank you for having me and for all the hard work you put into keeping Pricescope the safe and the fun place it is!

There have been so many wonderful people here over the years, thanks to all those PSers - both past and present posters- I have learnt so much from.

I feel like an Oscar winner on the podium :lol: but I wanted to express my gratitude to you all. For me, helping here is a journey, not a destination and I am sure many others feel the same, why else would we stick around for so many years or even come back.... :loopy: We have something very special here and I am proud to be part of it!

Thanks again Deb for starting this thread, it's always been a pleasure 'knowing' you! xoxo

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei, I've only just discovered PS a couple of years ago, but I see you came back and have been helping newbies non-stop, and in the kindest and most gracious way. What a lovely person you are. Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: PS is lucky to have you, not to mention all those happy newly engaged couples out there.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Insane! =) When I think what this represents in terms of helping others it's mind-boggling.
I've just "met" you, Lorelei, but it's so nice to read your upbeat responses here on PS.
Congrats! :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

wow 40,000! You go girl! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

:wavey: :appl: more proof that a destination is not a journey.....finding pricescope brought you to a destination but that was only the beginning of your journey! congrats and looking forward to your next 40K posts!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW! Great job!!

Thank you Lorelei for all that you contribute! :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well done my beloved Bruddah!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - that's a whole lot of help from one of the most caring and gracious members of PS!

Thanks for all you do - for all of us and for newcomers as well!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations indeed! It certainly is nice that the seasoned vets like you have stuck around to help us relative newcomers along the road. So thank you for helping to set the tone and make PS such an excellent source and strong community. :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats my Brit gf!!... :wavey: :appl: you sure talk a lot!... :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This rose was originally posted by Ellen when Lorelei hit 30,000 postings. I thought this thread badly needed a flower! And it could use some balloons, too!

Here is a link to the thread started for Lorelei when she hit 30,000. She was the first person to do so...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lorelei-reaches-a-real-milestone.120747/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lorelei-reaches-a-real-milestone.120747/[/URL]

By the way, I don't know how to make my rose move and glitter the way Ellen made hers move and glitter!

Deb/AGBF

_45.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

congrates!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay, Lorelei!!! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Too bad we can't go out and celebrate together! :bigsmile: (We'd have to take your bruddah, too, though! :lol: )

You have been such a great asset to PS, and we missed you while you were on your extended vacation! I know many of us including myself thought of you often! Now we hope you are back to stay! <3

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1401681895|3684753 said:
Yay, Lorelei!!! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Too bad we can't go out and celebrate together! :bigsmile: (We'd have to take your bruddah, too, though! :lol: )

You have been such a great asset to PS, and we missed you while you were on your extended vacation! I know many of us including myself thought of you often! Now we hope you are back to stay! <3
Had she not taken the extended vacation she would be at 60k by now!.. :-o

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

AGBF|1401655075|3684526 said:
Thank you, Lorelei!!! You have posted 40,000 times, each one in the service of Pricescope readers. It is traditional to say, "Congratulations", but I think saying, "Thank you" to someone who contributes so much is more appropriate. I thank you for all that you have done for our community!!!

Big hugs,
Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Agreed. It is so nice to have you back again. You have been missed.

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Lorelei for so generously sharing your knowledge with us all. :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

There resides here a poster named Lorelei,
Who for diamonds and such has the eye.
In the course of her stead,
40,000 posts she has said,

BRAVO! WELL DONE! we all cry!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:

You are a help beyond measure my friend. There are people all over the world wearing "your" sparklies. Well done. And here's to 40 more. ;))

Deb, I can't post anything anymore (icon/picture wise), so no balloons, and not sure why the rose won't sparkle. But it's a great visual sentiment just the same. Thanks for reposting it!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations, Lorelei!
Looking forward to your next 40,000 posts.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

You're a shining star here, lady. Thank you!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

I have finally got a small breather from JCK. Here I look and see that you have hit 40k posts.

I want to take this moment and tell you how appreciative I am of having you back on PS.

Congratulation on your 40k posts.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen|1401733278|3685059 said:
There resides here a poster named Lorelei,
Who for diamonds and such has the eye.
In the course of her stead,
40,000 posts she has said,

BRAVO! WELL DONE! we all cry!!

You are a help beyond measure my friend. There are people all over the world wearing "your" sparklies. Well done. And here's to 40 more. ;))

Deb, I can't post anything anymore (icon/picture wise), so no balloons, and not sure why the rose won't sparkle. But it's a great visual sentiment just the same. Thanks for reposting it!

Great poem, Ellen. But I still miss the balloons. Past threads of congratulation used to be more visual. ;)) Unfortunately, I am not someone who knows how to post emoticons or moving images or who even changes my icon!

I am going to try to post some balloons, however, both for Lorelei and for diamondseeker. I just hope they do not come out tiny!!!

Deb
:wavey:

myballoons.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much everyone, I will reply individually, I am so grateful to those of you that took the time to post!

I am so touched and honoured by your lovely messages, thank you all!

I hope in my years here that I have reached a good balance as a ' prosumer' when trying to help others. I feel I have a responsibility to be aware that I need to be prudent with any advice I offer in an advisory capacity in order to act in the best interests of not only the potential purchaser, but the vendors or experts themselves. There are certain boundaries I try not to cross, it can be a delicate line to tread at times, also knowing what to ask to best serve the particular poster's needs and any answers I may give. Having said that, there is plenty we can do to help others and I truly believe we are an excellent resource to those newbies dipping a toe in the waters of buying a diamond for the first time, such as letting them know what questions they should be asking the seller of a diamond they are interested in or what additional information might be useful, also offering suggestions of diamonds that might fit the bill. Also I think we excel at tailoring the level of info offered to the particular poster, not everyone wants detailed info on painting and digging or yaw to use a few examples, but we certainly can provide that should the need arise! I try to give the same amount of consideration to each diamond posted here for comment as if I were the one thinking about buying it and I think that's a good way to operate, I know the other regular posters probably feel the same way! It doesn't matter how much anyone has to spend or the quality or size of the diamond they are interested in, and I know my wonderful fellow posters would agree, our intention is to always offer the best help and advice we can. There is no ' Pricescope Standard' stone, all diamonds are welcome, even darling little Lopsie Fugs, I wonder where he is now.....Lopsie, you complete legend...!!!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-jury-is-in-ebay-diamond-under-ideal-scope.105491/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-jury-is-in-ebay-diamond-under-ideal-scope.105491/[/URL]

I hope that gives a little insight as to how I have always tried to approach what I do here! So again, thank you all for all the positive comments, I hope I will continue to do a good job going forward, I have always been looking for new ways to improve. I think I am only as good as my last post, if the OP goes away happy that they have learnt something, gained some reassurance or just were a little entertained by some of my more crazy posts :tongue: , then I am happy. Be assured I won't rest on my laurels, things change quickly in the diamond world and it's fun and a challenge to keep abreast of new developments but that's my aim for the future to try to improve, learn more each time I log in and help many more people! It's great to have a little fun too while we work, I think it can definitely encourage newbies to join in and even stick around!

Thank you all for welcoming me back so warmly, you all did a superb job as always!

It's so good to be home!
thankyou.gif

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Congratulations, Lorelei!! :appl: And you are on your way to 40K more!! Thanks for being here with us over all these years! We are so happy to see you posting after a little hiatus. :bigsmile: Hugs and cheers, dear!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well done and thank you for all your help! :)

It's great to have regulars such as yourself, they make the place feel 'lived in' and like a warm, welcoming home for us noobies to come into from the cold, harsh world of profiteering vendors and charlatans... :D lol

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

We are so happy to have you back Lorelei! Here is to another 40,000 posts! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tinaellis1970

Rough_Rock

Hello Lorelei!

Thanks so much for all your help! I haven't picked out the diamond that I want yet, but your tips were invaluable to a noobie like me. :appl:

Panda

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results