shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find shoes

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I need some new shoes for work. I work in a casual environment (today I'm wearing jeans, a polo, and running shoes). I pretty much wear running shoes every day and flip flops on Fridays. I'd like to not wear running shoes every day. Here is what I need:

1) They must be comfy. I refuse to torture myself for the sake of fashion, especially at work.

2) Not have a heel. My feet are oddly shaped in that I have ridiculously high arches. If I wear heels, there is absolutely no contact between the shoe and my arch, which means all of my weight is on the ball of my foot. Not comfy at all. See #1.

3) Not ridiculously expensive. Under $100.

4) Either be very open (sandal types) or allow you to wear socks. Ballet slippers are cute but then you have to wear those weird sock things and they never ever stay put.

5) Be available in larger sizes- I'm anywhere between a 10-11, depending on the shoe (but I was a 9.5 before ds...damn kid...).

HELP!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMC, have you ever tried Aersoles? I have a few pairs and find them very comfy and they have lots of options without heels. Ifyou're anywhere near an outlet mall they almost always have a store there so perhaps you can find some good deals.

About the sockie liner things, I wear them all the time and some of the brands have a little bit of rubbery stuff on the back at the inside of the heel and I find that keeps them from sliding down. Just a thought.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc, you sound like my 'shoeware twin'! I recently found these, and they have saved the day. They are truly, genuinely comfortable, can be worn with or without socks, winter or summer, and compliment a surprising number of outfits (mostly casual, but I manage to make somewhat dressy outfits out of my very, very casual wardrobe and these fit either bill). They look great with jeans. Within your budget, too!

http://www.zappos.com/keen-sienna-mj-canvas-aluminium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amc80, I love Keen footwear. They have some great casual styles including mary jane's and ballet flats that have removable insoles, great arch support, and most go up to size 11 (they even make 10.5!) They are made in the US, and in fact their factory is in Portland. I love their socks as well. Wool blends, right and left socks (clearly marked, don't worry), made in US as well.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/women/casual/sisters%20mj

amc80

Ideal_Rock
You gals rock! I had a feeling PS was the correct place to post my question :) It's just so hard to find shoes that are between dressy and casual.

Rainydaze- the ones you posted are my favorite. I think I will go to a B&M store this weekend and try some on.

Dee*Jay- Some of those are so cute! How fun! I haven't tried Aerosoles but will try some on when I go shopping. We have a Dillard's and they have a great shoe department. If only we had a Nordy's....

Pinto- Those look like they have tons of support. I'm going to look at other styles in that brand as well.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, I didn't see Raindaze's post before I responded! Great minds... :D

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sperrys are comfy, casual, and a little more dressed up than tennis shoes.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to update that I finally bought some shoes. They require the little socks that I hate, but I was finding all of the shoes I was looking at were like that. They are Uggs and are really comfy.

image-1233533853.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results