shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of vow renewal ceremonies?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Not for me, but I would love to have a small anniversary party.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1401476752|3683315 said:
Elliot86|1401466755|3683179 said:
"Miss Manners can blow me" has now surpassed "twatwaffle" as my favorite thing ever uttered online, ever.

I've never heard twatwaffle. I rather like it. How does one use it?

I prefer twatopus.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marriage is a lot of work, or at least it is for me. In fact, it is the most difficult job I've ever committed to. But that is a personal thing. Hence, on a private level I continually "renew my vow's".

Privately--or to the wider world--why not celebrate/reaffirm/realize as many times as you want if that is important( to you)? That is what I think. :))

cheers--Sharon

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I probably won't do it, but it doesn't bother me at all when other people do it. If I was invited to one, I'd gladly attend.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not interested in doing a vow renewal myself, but I don't have a problem with it at all and think if a couple would like have one, they should!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
When my husband and I got married, it was by mutual decision. He made a joke a while ago that 'I proposed to him' and that had bothered me ever since. So on our 10th anniversary early this year, he surprised me with a beautiful (really beautiful) ring and asked if I would renew our vows with him.

I was gobsmacked as it was completely out of character for him.

We booked the private dining room for lunch at a lovely beachside restaurant, and invited 10 of our closest family and friends. I wore a knee length lace dress, we had floral arrangements on the long table, but that is it as far as 'wedding' accoutrements.

Just before lunch, and during champagne, we stood together facing each other and recited new vows we had written ourselves (which we didn't do at our wedding). My niece read a poem (i carry your heart by ee cummings).

Everyone had a few tears.

Then we had a wonderful long wine-fuelled lunch, during which we passed around a little book that my husband had put together with highlights and pictures through the years, from our first meeting to the present, our guests were encouraged to write comments on the pages.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results