shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever been the online bully?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been argumentative (to put it mildly) online, in various places. I definitely regret things I've written. I don't take things too seriously though. Just some days I have no filter, and it comes back to bite me. Most days I'm optimistic and hopeful. I know that tone is hard to interpret online, and that I've misread and been misread equally at times. In real life, I'm honest and stick my foot in my mouth sometimes. I'm sure I do the same thing online too.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1401322676|3682106 said:
No, maybe I should start being the big bully here... :praise:

well, that WOULD be fun - some fresh new big bully blood :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1401473419|3683269 said:
Sparklelu|1401456076|3683072 said:
Unfortunately in my opinion the word bullying has been ruined. It really means someone who attempts through physical or verbal action to gain control or power over someone.
As a teacher I have kids telling me all the time they are bullied. Not being invited to sit at a particular table is not bullying, telling you ,you can't sit here IS bullying.
Not being invited to a party is not bullying, hearing from a group of girls all about the great party and seeing it posted on FB is not bullying, it's girls with no social manners,rude little brats.
Having strong opinions and expressing them is NOT in my opinion bullying, repeatedly insisting that your opinion is the correct opinion, and all other opinions are wrong and the holders of such opinions are wrong and calling such people nasty names IS bullying in my opinion.

Wholeheartedly agree. Disagreeing with someone's point of view isn't bullying (whether it's one person or 15); personally attacking them is. Asserting a strong belief in one's own opinion isn't bullying; resorting to name-calling and personal insults is.
Who would dare to disagree with Alj?... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results