shape
carat
color
clarity

Romantic Comedies VS REAL Life

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I thought this was hilarious! :D

It's all the things you see in romantic movies that never happen in real life. At least not to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/expectations-vs-realities_n_5361159.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Example

The Meet-Cute Moment
Expectations: You meet a really cute guy at the dog park. Your dogs run up to each other and their leashes entangle, which almost causes you to trip. Aww, how "101 Dalmatians" of you!

Reality: Your dog takes a dump just as you're about to walk over and charm the pants off the park cutie. Your dog also does that thing where he drags his poop-covered bottom across the grass. Park cutie uncomfortably laughs and walks away, disgusted. Come back?

The little movies make it even funnier! It's the Huffington Post, a pretty safe link/website.

Do you have any realty versus rom com moments in your life?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this. Guess that's why we love the movies.

I had a funny thing happen - funny now, that is. I was working on a house design with a cute builder I had just met. We both had our computers on, sharing idea photos.
I pulled up a great room photo, turned the computer to him and said..."Look at THIS!"
When I looked back at the screen it was a picture of a naked women with her legs apart. Somehow a sex dating site came up on the screen. Talk about embarrassment.

ALthough in retrospect - could this be a good flirting technique? :lol: :oops:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1401453414|3683050 said:
Love this. Guess that's why we love the movies.

I had a funny thing happen - funny now, that is. I was working on a house design with a cute builder I had just met. We both had our computers on, sharing idea photos.
I pulled up a great room photo, turned the computer to him and said..."Look at THIS!"
When I looked back at the screen it was a picture of a naked women with her legs apart. Somehow a sex dating site came up on the screen. Talk about embarrassment.

ALthough in retrospect - could this be a good flirting technique? :lol: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He must have been pretty confused :bigsmile:

That seems much more real life than the picture perfect movies.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, Jimmianne! That would be a good scene in a movie! Would the guy be mortified, or find it hilarious?

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
"The Meet-Cute Moment
Expectations: You meet a really cute guy at the dog park. Your dogs run up to each other and their leashes entangle, which almost causes you to trip. Aww, how "101 Dalmatians" of you!

Reality: Your dog takes a dump just as you're about to walk over and charm the pants off the park cutie. Your dog also does that thing where he drags his poop-covered bottom across the grass. Park cutie uncomfortably laughs and walks away, disgusted. Come back?"

The real moment is: The cute guy not only walks away disgusted, but before he does, he yells at you, telling you to clean up the poop, about breaking park rules, and that you're a bad person in general. :lol:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Okay, this is awesome. I love crappy, unrealistic, rom coms.... Even though they are not very good for relationship / real life standards.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results