shape
carat
color
clarity

Need color opinions asap, please!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
So, I'm still working on setting ideas for my light pink diamond heart and have been trying to find mint garnet melee to use with it. First picture is my heart-obviously. Second picture is my ideal color melee which is proving impossible to find. Third picture is mint garnet melee that I am able to obtain, but I'm concerned it will be too yellow green with the soft pink heart and lacks some of the blue component I'm looking for. Style of ring will be on the order of the 4th picture. So what do you all think? Too yellow green?

_18513.jpg

353498_1364866544.jpg

mint-garnet-1.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
And here's a general idea of the type of ring

_18514.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my own preference, I would like to use the icy mint green melees in the second pic a lot more than the darker and more yellow green ones in the third pic.

Can't wait to see the finished article!

DK :))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1400891897|3679085 said:
For my own preference, I would like to use the icy mint green melees in the second pic a lot more than the darker and more yellow green ones in the third pic.

well, yes- I would to- but I can't find any in this color and neither can my jeweler who has a lot of sources. The third picture is as close as we've found- and they are quite expensive, too. I may just have to give up on this idea totally. :((

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy mint would be better IMO.

Love that combination too, icy mint and pale pink.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1400892722|3679091 said:

well, yes- I would to- but I can't find any in this color and neither can my jeweler who has a lot of sources. The third picture is as close as we've found- and they are quite expensive, too. I may just have to give up on this idea totally. :((

Did you check with primagems. He has a lot of mint garnet.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
TL|1400893060|3679094 said:
pinkjewel|1400892722|3679091 said:

Did you check with primagems. He has a lot of mint garnet.

Thanks TL. No, I don't think I did since I didn't think they carried melee. I'll check with them next week.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other minty green stones include tourmaline, green beryl (not emerald, but like pale greenish color with a little blue), prehnite (although it's a sleepy moonstone like gem), if you can't find the garnets.

Good luck!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
TL|1400893523|3679097 said:
Other minty green stones include tourmaline, green beryl (not emerald, but like pale greenish color with a little blue), prehnite (although it's a sleepy moonstone like gem), if you can't find the garnets.

Good luck!

thanks, but they're not easy to find in the right color, either. I think beryl might be too soft, don't you? I've tried finding seafoam tourmaline melee and also the ideal melee picture I showed was sold as paraiba- but no luck in that direction either. I even tried to track down the buyer of that parcel to see if they'd sell me some, but found out that it went to Australia last year and then couldn't find any more info. I don't want the ideal neon paraiba-but this parcel looked perfect!! So I guess that means there is some out there, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack-lol.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1400928853|3679178 said:

Good luck!

thanks, but they're not easy to find in the right color, either. I think beryl might be too soft, don't you? I've tried finding seafoam tourmaline melee and also the ideal melee picture I showed was sold as paraiba- but no luck in that direction either. I even tried to track down the buyer of that parcel to see if they'd sell me some, but found out that it went to Australia last year and then couldn't find any more info. I don't want the ideal neon paraiba-but this parcel looked perfect!! So I guess that means there is some out there, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack-lol.

Wow, we do so much to find that perfect color, don't we. ;))

Good luck on finding what you need.

Here's a small tsav parcel various sizes, but I'm not sure if this will work for you.

They look more pale than the other parcel you showed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tsavorite-Green-Garnets-Lot-Of-1-00-Carats-2-to-2-5-MM-Round-Faceted-Melee-/160729939723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c403f0b

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would wait until I got the ideal melee. the picture of the ideal would be lovely with your stone. the other is just too green. it may be difficult to find but I wouldn't settle for less on this because you're always going to look at it and realize it is not really what you wanted if you go too green.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
TL|1400938332|3679212 said:
pinkjewel|1400928853|3679178 said:

Good luck!

Wow, we do so much to find that perfect color, don't we. ;))

Good luck on finding what you need.

Here's a small tsav parcel various sizes, but I'm not sure if this will work for you.

They look more pale than the other parcel you showed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tsavorite-Green-Garnets-Lot-Of-1-00-Carats-2-to-2-5-MM-Round-Faceted-Melee-/160729939723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c403f0b

LOL- isn't that the truth!!
thanks, the parcel looks paler, but doesn't look well cut (I want diamond cut melee) and they're too large, too. I need 1.3s to around 1.7s to not overwhelm the size of the pink diamond. I'll just have to keep looking.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1400940928|3679218 said:
GemSelect has tsavorite melee in various sizes. They may be too green for you, but it might be worth asking if they have paler ones in stock or can find them. These parcels look well matched tone-wise, which is one wrinkle in possibilities.

http://www.gemselect.com/group/gems...&sort_sz=asc&RG-3=no&p_min=&p_max=&sort_pr=no

thanks, jewelfreak. I think they are too green, too. I think it's not only that they need to be lighter, but the blue is the hard secondary color to find. I'll check with them again anyway.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1400945207|3679244 said:
I would wait until I got the ideal melee. the picture of the ideal would be lovely with your stone. the other is just too green. it may be difficult to find but I wouldn't settle for less on this because you're always going to look at it and realize it is not really what you wanted if you go too green.

I think you are right. I felt it wasn't quite right, but I guess I wanted confirmation. If I can't find the right melee, I will change the ring design rather than settle.

Here's a picture of more saturated tsavorites with pink diamonds- but the pinks are so much more saturated than my little pink heart I think it works ok. But with my light pink I really love that soft blueish green. sigh... I'll just have to keep looking.

ring24.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you've made the right decision.
too green would over power your delicate pink....it deserves to be highlighted, not drowned out.
not easy when you want it done and to be wearing it....I know.
good luck with your search!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also feel a strong green would wash out the lovely delicate pink of your heart.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
I concur with everyone else - the more blue-mint is going to work better with your delicate pink heart. I saw that Marc Sarosi (Africagems) has AA tsavorite melee (1.5mm), but it looks too much like the melee you currently have: http://www.africagems.com/calibrated-tsavorite-garnet-round-aa.html

Perhaps some of the parcel is lighter colored and could be matched :confused: ?

Don't give up!!! It's going to be gorgeous when you find the right color. :love: :love:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Would paraiba tourmaline melee overpower your heart? I just had a ring made with paraiba melee in a halo for a mahenge spinel. Love the glow of those little paraibas! Just gorgeous. It is very hard to find melee in just the right color. I had a heck of a time finding just the right gem to give me the color and presence I was looking for. Good luck!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesparklies|1400985878|3679522 said:
Would paraiba tourmaline melee overpower your heart? I just had a ring made with paraiba melee in a halo for a mahenge spinel. Love the glow of those little paraibas! Just gorgeous. It is very hard to find melee in just the right color. I had a heck of a time finding just the right gem to give me the color and presence I was looking for. Good luck!

I think paraibas might be overwhelming, but on the other hand, pale aquas wouldn't be.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I also love paraibas! But the neon paraibas do over whelm the soft pink diamond. I have a very small paraiba and have tried it next to it. One thing I have found interesting is that I have to stay with mainly a green gem with a secondary blue modifier as opposed to a blue gem with green tones. The blue gems drain the pink from my diamond whereas the blueish green gems enhance the color. TL is right that the aquas (as long as they are more green than blue) look very pretty with it.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
pinkjewel|1401013293|3679626 said:
I also love paraibas! But the neon paraibas do over whelm the soft pink diamond. I have a very small paraiba and have tried it next to it. One thing I have found interesting is that I have to stay with mainly a green gem with a secondary blue modifier as opposed to a blue gem with green tones. The blue gems drain the pink from my diamond whereas the blueish green gems enhance the color. TL is right that the aquas (as long as they are more green than blue) look very pretty with it.

I was wondering if the enhanced aqua blue diamond melees from Africa Gems might work for you, but they might have a bit too much blue in them for what you're saying.

http://www.africagems.com/calibrated-aqua-blue-enhanced-diamonds.html

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering if you've contacted NAFCO - see the chart at the bottom of the page. http://www.nafcogems.com/melee

Perhaps you could send the picture of the colour you want and ask if they have something to match? Since green is so hard, what about lavender?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Starzin|1401060472|3679971 said:
Just wondering if you've contacted NAFCO - see the chart at the bottom of the page. http://www.nafcogems.com/melee

Perhaps you could send the picture of the colour you want and ask if they have something to match? Since green is so hard, what about lavender?
Ooo, I like F1. The palest green.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I think F might be too yellow but G or H could work depending on what they are and if available. Maybe even P10 or P11?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green sapphire melee? I would think it would look steely green which would play up your pink heart well. With corundum being durable, I cannot foresee any bench having issues with setting them in a halo.
http://www.columbiagemhouse.com/melee.html

035-fcm.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1401060472|3679971 said:

Ooh, this looks like a promising source. I had never heard of them before. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing beats those icy mint tourmalines though, for a perfect match. *sigh*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results