shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Solitaire Necklace

Rrcanham

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I'm in love with this vintage diamond solitaire necklace. Unfortunately it sold before I even had a chance. I did see a similar one on Dover's website but I'm not very familiar with them. Is this a popular design that you've seen for sale quite a bit? I'm not sure if I should jump at the one on Dover's website or wait it out...

il_fullxfull_13.jpg

orangesocks

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new here as well, but based on what experience I *do* have, I'd say that yes, this style of bezel solitaire necklace is quite popular. I've read positive reviews about Dover, but others may want to chime in.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fixed bezel necklaces are popular pieces, and have been for quite a while ... I'd say since the Art Deco period, at the least. The one you posted looks like a nice little old cut, and an older-style chain: I'd probably date it to around then!

I haven't seen the one on Dover's site, but I have bought from them before. They seem to be kind of a mixed bag: I had great experiences with them, everything was as-described, except for one piece which arrived with undisclosed damage, which they were happy to take back immediately, no hassle. Other people have gone both ways, though: we have one member who bought a ring from them that turned out to be Graff (!!!), and others who've gotten pieces where the weight must have been guesstimated with the use of a blindfold and a dartboard. Since they're good about returns, I'd say it's worth taking a chance if you love it ....

One caveat: they are selling an awful lot of "-style" jewelry these days - reproductions of vintage pieces. Some of the descriptions strike me as being a bit misleading. So, if you care about provenance, that's something to keep an eye out for ....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I've seen positive reviews about Dover. Brian Gavin Diamonds has a similar setting, called the "Barbara Bezel" pendant, but it's also pretty common among other vendors. I believe David Klass recently made one as well. I've seen several come up for sale in the Pre-loved forum, so perhaps you should put up a "WTB" post about it and see if you get any responses? You can put up a similar listing on LoupeTroop and people can contact you through that. If you want an old cut stone you should include those specifications in the listing. I purchased a .80ct OEC in a Barbara bezel several months ago from a PS'er and I love the necklace and wear it daily. It's a fantastic every day look!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results