shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of Akoya with White SS side by side

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
I have always loved pearls. But I only had one very small strand of fresh water that my mom gave to me when I came to the state.

Only until Last year, I decided to get some real things after seeing a friend of mine wearing a huge 14 mm ss necklace, so I finally purchased some other type pearls.

One pair of Akoya earring at 8.5 mm with 10-12 mm white south sea strand

The Akoya pearls have some some rose /pink undertone. I am not sure why my WSSP have the similar refraction as the Akoya ones.

whiteak409355_91575c1135_b.jpg

White south sea pearl vs Fresh water pearl

14274396125_4eb9b23376_b.jpg

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
more pictures: 14274396745_0448fa9da7_b_0.jpg

Only after I got South Sea pearls, I understand the difference between those two types.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
1. Persian Gulf Bahrain wild natural pearls
2.Next are rare Gem Grade South Sea Pearls hand selected by Pearl Paradise
3.Metallic freshwater pearls
4.Natural color Hanadama grade akoya
5.Pinked Hanadama grade akoya.

battleofthepearls.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover -- what a wonderful side-by-side-by-side comparison! This is a picture one can refer back to again and again. Thanks for posting!

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1401212279|3681022 said:
NacreLover -- what a wonderful side-by-side-by-side comparison! This is a picture one can refer back to again and again. Thanks for posting!

NacreLover, what a magnificent collection you have, especially the wild natural pearls and the gem grade south sea pearl strand.

Is it safe to say that if you have top grade freshwater pearls, they could be compatible with higher grade akoya pearls?

My freshwater strand costs only about 10% of the south water strand. before I compared them side by side, I was quite happy with the luster from the FWP.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
MelodySaw|1401213263|3681030 said:

NacreLover, what a magnificent collection you have, especially the wild natural pearls and the gem grade south sea pearl strand.

MelodySaw - I'll bet NacreLover wishes she owned all of those strands of pearls, however, I'm pretty sure that at the time this photo was taken, all of these strands were owned by Pearl Paradise.

However, she does own some wonderful South Sea pearls. Take a look at the Pearl Paradise blog where there is a photo of NacreLover holding an umbrella standing next to her husband, and she is wearing her beautiful South Sea strand. The link to the blog can be found here, on the upper right of the page. www.pearlparadise.com

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl|1401215846|3681073 said:

MelodySaw - I'll bet NacreLover wishes she owned all of those strands of pearls, however, I'm pretty sure that at the time this photo was taken, all of these strands were owned by Pearl Paradise.

However, she does own some wonderful South Sea pearls. Take a look at the Pearl Paradise blog where there is a photo of NacreLover holding an umbrella standing next to her husband, and she is wearing her beautiful South Sea strand. The link to the blog can be found here, on the upper right of the page. www.pearlparadise.com

Thanks Fly Girl. first I must say that I love your ring. I have read the whole story about your ring before.

I saw the picture of NacreLove and her husband. I like how she chooses here pieces and her advices she gave to someone that was new to the world of pearls from the interview conversation.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
MelodySaw|1401218827|3681114 said:
Fly Girl|1401215846|3681073 said:

Thanks Fly Girl. first I must say that I love your ring. I have read the whole story about your ring before.

I saw the picture of NacreLove and her husband. I like how she chooses here pieces and her advices she gave to someone that was new to the world of pearls from the interview conversation.
Thank you, MelodySaw, for your sweet comments about my ring. Yes, wearing that piece makes me feel like a princess.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Good pictures. I am looking at WSS & Akoya pearl studs. They both are beautiful. Love the WSS strand that you have.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
Gothgrrl|1401228673|3681223 said:
Good pictures. I am looking at WSS & Akoya pearl studs. They both are beautiful. Love the WSS strand that you have.

Thanks. Glad to be a little help. Tell us what kind of pearl you will get.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results