shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get a sapphire set in Houston, TX

jwaters

Rough_Rock
Trade
So, a year ago you helped me pick out this nice sapphire for our anniversary...

Sapphire pic

Sapphire Cushion Modified Mixed Cut
Weight: 1.33 cts
Measurements: 7.3x5.5mm, depth 3.6mm
Clarity: VVS
Origin: Sri Lanka
Enhancements: None
Price: $ 1990.00
Description: Certified unheated deep blue sapphire. Excellent clarity. AGL lab report included

Now I need some advice on where/how to go about finding a place to get it set. I know there are a lot of loose diamond sellers in Houston but I'm having a hard time finding any reliable information about colored stones.

Thanks for the tips!

psproot12

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone! Judging by your picture, I am guessing you're in the oil business(I'm a petroleum engineer)? Anyways, back to your sapphire, I was stationed in Houston for 3 months from Januaray to March and the best jewelers I encountered were Box & Box, very professional, affordable, and friendly. http://boxandboxcustomjewelers.webs.com/services Give them a call, I'm sure they can meet your needs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, I don't think Whiteflash accepts outside coloured stones (stones not sourced through WF) anymore but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

jwaters

Rough_Rock
Trade
Chrono|1400760576|3678065 said:
Unfortunately, I don't think Whiteflash accepts outside coloured stones (stones not sourced through WF) anymore but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

They don't unfortunately. That would have been my first choice as I bought the diamond for my wife's engagement ring there and had them set it in a provided setting.

That's for the other tips, I'll be sure to update on the final product!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
That's a bummer about Whiteflash. Sorry.
Be sure to come back with photos. Some of us have to live vicariously.

Kyle-K

Rough_Rock
Hello!

Whiteflash will still set your sapphire, so long as you purchase a certified diamond and have it set into the ring. I did and haven't regretted it since. Talk to Vera, she'll be more then willing to help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results