shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone tried magnesium for migraines?

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Dee, I think bumping this up is the way to go. I know I'll remember this thread. The curly-hair styling products thread is still going strong the same way.

My theory with the mag. was I'll give it a try; I wasn't out a tremendous amount of money, it wasn't hurting me and the worst that would happen was that it wouldn't work. The mag. and B2 do help me. Like kenny says, people vary. I know there's a whole bunch of doctors out there who think any kind of supplement is a waste of money; you should get all you need from food. I don't live in that perfect world. I feel better when I take my vitamins and minerals.

Good luck with whatever you try.
People who have never had a migraine just don't understand.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids! Just bumping this thread to see if anyone else has tried this since we're about three months in. The first two months my headaches were less than they had been in the prior months and this month (so #3) my headache was about a .5 on the 1-10 scale. If I hadn't know when it was supposed to come and been looking for it I might not have noticed at all. Who knows though if this is really working or if my body would have behaved this way anyway but I'm going to keep taking it and hoping for the best!

BTW, I try to take three 200 mg tablets a day. Some days I do but most days I at least pretty good about two.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I didn't read everyone's responses but have your tried essential oils for a migraine coming on or one that's already there? My husband suffers from them so I purchased frankincense essential oil while attending a Do Terra Essential Oil class. I don't think it has to be Do Terra but it has to be pure - to know for sure it has to have an FDA label on it. Otherwise, do not ingest it!! Note - This is starting to sound like an ad but please know that I don't sell it or anything, I just went to an event with a friend. I'm not even much of a pure/natural/organic type of person.

Anyway, he had a migraine coming on a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't know for sure what the triggers are but we're pretty sure dehydration is one of them and he was outside working in the yard/sun that morning. At the class we were told to put a few drops on your finger and then press it to the roof of your mouth. I told him about it so he tried it.

He said it made his mouth taste horrible but about 30-45 minutes afterward he told me the pressure had eased greatly and could I please leave the oil where he can easily find it so he could use it again next time. He used it along with his usual Excedrin migraine medicine (he refuses to take anything stronger), so it wasn't just the oil alone, but he did say it made a difference.

I used it about a week ago for a tension headache and it worked for me as well.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I've been taking them (but not super reliably to be honest!) and I think it has seemed to help reduce the overall number of migraines. I've only had one super doozy in the past few months which is quite frankly amazing! Still seem to get a lot of general headaches (stress etc) but less migraines so I'd call that a win. :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New Shiny - I haven't heard of this oil, but I'm glad it helped your DH and you too!

Hot Pozzum - I'm wondering if part of my improvement this past month, as opposed to the first two months, is that I have been a lot more diligent about taking it. In the beginning I was pretty good about one pill, maybe two, but then I got better and have really made an effort to do at least two a day. Could you try being super good about it for a month and see if it get better results? You could set an alarm on your phone or something (corny I know!) as a reminder to take it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results