shape
carat
color
clarity

Voting with your Dollars, and the Horrible Results

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I've been boycotting Target and Walmart for years -- for reasons other than those outlined in this shocking article. I've never shopped at the other stores listed in the article, but after reading this, none of these stores will get my business, and all of them will receive phone calls from me about this. I have friends who do shop at these stores and I'm going to forward your link to all of them.

What bothers me is that a) news like this rarely makes it to the "evening news" level; and, b) even when stories like this break through our national (un)consciousness, people continue to shop at these stores! Where is the outrage on the part of women for the plight of other women?

You might get more responses to this thread if you posted it on hangout.

I buy a lot of basic clothing from this company: http://www.fairindigo.com/. It costs more, but the quality is great and I don't have to live with the thought that my money is going to enrich a misogynist, rapist, wage-slave-owner.

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Lula, I was surprised that a lot of people read the contents of the link but nobody had anything to say. Thanks for adding your post and for your personal stance. A lot of the rot in the world has sponsors, and they are us, unfortunately.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for the post, Doctor. i was aware of some of the offenders but not all....and have now expanded my "i will not spend $ in that store" list.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This is revolting and I reposted it to Facebook to spread the word...but it won't stop many people from frequenting these shops. Why? Because Americans (and many other nationalities, but these are specifically American brands named in this article) don't understand true hardship. Many think that they are already living hand to mouth, scraping by, and need to thus purchase ROCK BOTTOM PRICED things from places like Wal-Mart. In reality, they still have iphones. They still have hot running water. They still have satellite with HBO and go to the movies every other weekend. They have heating, air conditioning, cars, education, and three square meals a day. They have beer and cigarettes, and buy a lottery ticket every single week. Until these average Joe people can really identify with the level of poverty and misfortune that the slave labor workers abroad face daily, they will not change their habits. Because they, honest to God, think they're already doing it as tough as they can.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't shop at any of them.....and try to limit my purchases to items made in the USA or europe.

Parzifal

Rough_Rock
I worked in RIMI hypermarket, and I can say, that is slavery job... since I leaved this job, I never shop in any RIMI shop, that belongs to RIMI Baltic, a subsidiary of Swedish group ICA).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results