shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else Tempted by Bespoke's 30% Sale this week?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Doug Menadue / Bespoke Gems is having a 30% sale this week thru Fri 5/23/14 - http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Page_News.php - technically I've committed my gem budget to settings but his cutting is so superb I am seriously considering at least 3 stones....

Anyone else have a Bespoke gemstone tempting them?

bespoke_kalli_tourmaline_-_661e.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
There are some nice stones -- a lot of concave cuts, though, which aren't my favorite. I kept looking at the chrysoprases & thinking for so long that the sizes I'd need are gone. Dumb. Have you bought anything yet, Mary?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I want so badly to take advantage of this, but I just bought $3k of wood for work projects. still I may break down, even though shipping from Australia to USA is expensive and grossly unreliable

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1400370525|3675156 said:
There are some nice stones -- a lot of concave cuts, though, which aren't my favorite. I kept looking at the chrysoprases & thinking for so long that the sizes I'd need are gone. Dumb. Have you bought anything yet, Mary?

I haven't yet bought anything - one of the stones I've fancied for months has an incredible cut and color but to me the stone variety is rather commonplace... the sale brings the stone a bit more into acceptable price range for me but I'm still going back-and-forth on it. And the other 2 stones I'd buy only if I were also buying the more expensive stone and already paying shipping costs. We'll see... I keep visiting the stones half fretting they've been sold and half worried they're still available!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked him a couple weeks ago about rough for a stone. Nothing on sale works for me, otherwise I'd be all over it!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Some of the topaz stones are calling my name, but my favorite, the Lone Star of Texas, just sold. Hopefully a PSer got it so I can ogle it some more !

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
marymm said:
And the other 2 stones I'd buy only if I were also buying the more expensive stone and already paying shipping costs. We'll see... I keep visiting the stones half fretting they've been sold and half worried they're still available!

LOL, I know what you mean exactly about hoping they've sold & hoping they haven't. Done that a few times! When they're still available it's like they're stalking you.

The shipping cost is the reason I pondered so long about the chrysoprases. Awfully high for relatively low-value stones but I couldn't find anything else for which I felt like expending money I'm saving for settings. Growl.

DF -- go for it! What's money for, anyway, except to dribble through our fingers?

--- Laurie

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1400371238|3675162 said:
I want so badly to take advantage of this, but I just bought $3k of wood for work projects. still I may break down, even though shipping from Australia to USA is expensive and grossly unreliable
fwiw I've purchased several pieces of pearl jewelry from Catherine Cardellini in the past 6 months & they each arrived in NYC -- via Australia Post -- in 5-7 days for IIRC $14.

ETA: I see that Doug Menadue wants to send via Registered Post; that would be $19 USD for delivery to those of us in the States.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't check there sight enough there was a step cut chryso i would have been all over had i seen it. but no i don see anything that now for myself ;(

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
MollyMalone|1400434952|3675523 said:
fwiw I've purchased several pieces of pearl jewelry from Catherine Cardellini in the past 6 months & they each arrived in NYC -- via Australia Post -- in 5-7 days for IIRC $14.

ETA: I see that Doug Menadue wants to send via Registered Post; that would be $19 USD for delivery to those of us in the States.

MM, I am glad you have had good experiences with australia post. The last time I bought a stone from bespoke it was lost. I tracked it. AP said it had left the country, US post says it never received it. I waited three months. Then when I got a refund, it was minus the shipping. I lost also on the exchange rate. And had to pay paypal fees to receive it since it wasnt done as a refund as I had allowed too much time for delivery.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1400450881|3675658 said:

MM, I am glad you have had good experiences with australia post. The last time I bought a stone from bespoke it was lost. I tracked it. AP said it had left the country, US post says it never received it. I waited three months. Then when I got a refund, it was minus the shipping. I lost also on the exchange rate. And had to pay paypal fees to receive it since it wasnt done as a refund as I had allowed too much time for delivery.

VL - Ouch! That experience would be enough to put me off another purchase - sorry you had to go through that.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1400451827|3675666 said:
VL - Ouch! That experience would be enough to put me off another purchase - sorry you had to go through that.
+1 -- your reluctance is wholly understandable.

I checked my last couple of PayPal receipts & e-mails from Catherine Cardellini. Turns out she sent those necklaces via Registered Post (but absorbed much of the cost herself, charged me only $5 per shipment) & you and both live in NYC, VL, so there's no obvious explanation for our vastly different experiences. I ordered another piece from her just yesterday; we'll see what happens this time.

ohlala

Rough_Rock
VapidLapid|1400450881|3675658 said:

i am having a similar experience now with the a shipment from aussie now (not from Bespoke...another vendor). its been 1.5 months since the payment and supposidely, it got here and then got shipped back. i'm not sure what the problem is...but i do wish posts are more reliable. waiting and the whole refund process is a pain :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results