carat
color
clarity

Cartier watch help??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

I'm not sure where to post this question as I don't think this qualifies a bling even as blingy as it is. I saw this watch at a jeweler for resale and it was beautiful. The traditional Cartiers aren't my style, but this one was just gorgeous. Super delicate, with very sparkly diamonds on each side. The jeweler said that it is a special order boutique item and was asking $12k for it. There is no way I could afford that now, but I am just curious to see what it's value might be. Anyone have any thoughts? Is $12k way over priced? It's practically brand new. At least that is what he says. The original owners bought it from him and they bought soemthing different later, thus trading it in. Anyone have any ideas? My wrist is very small, maybe 13.5-14 cm.

TIA.

_18229.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tried to attach it correctly.

_18230.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Do you know if the diamonds are Cartier or aftermarket?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1400185662|3673675 said:
Do you know if the diamonds are Cartier or aftermarket?

Should be Cartier. Whole watch was special ordered from Cartier.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You don't mention if it's white gold or steel. I'm presuming 18K wg, which most gold tank watches seem to be. In that case, it looks like a very good price. Here is a new Small Tank, $41,300:

The Large Tank goes new for $59K. If it's steel, waaayyy overpriced. ;-) Maybe DF or another watch guru knows more -- I'm definitely not in that elevated group.

--- Laurie

P.S. I like the band on the one you're looking at much better.

41_300.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Is that maybe a Tank Anglaise with a special bracelet? And yes, the pricing would vary quite a bit depending on material (SS vs. gold)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1400184496|3673658 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm not sure where to post this question as I don't think this qualifies a bling even as blingy as it is. I saw this watch at a jeweler for resale and it was beautiful. The traditional Cartiers aren't my style, but this one was just gorgeous. Super delicate, with very sparkly diamonds on each side. The jeweler said that it is a special order boutique item and was asking $12k for it. There is no way I could afford that now, but I am just curious to see what it's value might be. Anyone have any thoughts? Is $12k way over priced? It's practically brand new. At least that is what he says. The original owners bought it from him and they bought soemthing different later, thus trading it in. Anyone have any ideas? My wrist is very small, maybe 13.5-14 cm.

TIA.
w/o a ref # it is hard to guess the value of the watch, but IMO it's way over priced. is it a quartz or a mechanical watch?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that value is impossible to tell unless you know if the watch case and the band are white gold or stainless steel.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, cool. Thanks for the pointers everyone. I like it, but not $12K like it.

I think he said it was 18k white, but I don't remember. :geek:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1400220506|3673960 said:
Ok, cool. Thanks for the pointers everyone. I like it, but not $12K like it.

I think he said it was 18k white, but I don't remember. :geek:

Well, considering a stainless Rolex with tiny diamond markers (not diamond bezel) can be over $10k, a solid 18k gold and diamond bezel Cartier is not a bad price. It's just that you can get a new one with close to the same look in stainless for a lot less money!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results