shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with deciding on Metallic Pearl strand

Jcat

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am looking to purchase my first strand of white pearls. I am considering the AAA metallic freshwaters and the Freshadama pearls from PP. I have really been admiring the metallic pearls but am wondering how their roundness compares to the Freshadama? I am hoping for a necklace that would appear round to any one having a conversation with me. Thanks!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I happen to have just ordered a 5.5mm freshadama metallic strand and a 7.5mm freshadama strand from PP. I got the metallics first and fell instantly in love with them. Seriously, the are stunning! They were my first white pearl purchase and I am afraid they have ruined me for all other pearls. The 7.5mm freshadama strand is very nice; but, it has a totally different look. You really can't compare metallics with non metallics. It's like apples and oranges. For me, I now know that I much prefer the mirror like look of metallics vs the satiny look of freshadamas. With that being said, I called PP today to ask about the other white metallic strands they have in stock and they said they are not perfectly round, so if that is an issue for you (it is for me) you may not be happy with them. They also said the stock is running low, so don't wait if you are interested! When I got my 5.5mm freshadama metallics they were almost sold out. If I had waited for the Mothers Day sale, I would have missed out on them. Now, about the regular freshadamas, they are SO ROUND! I have never seen freshwater pearls like this before! I am returning my strand and am going to wait for higher unaligned metallics; but, having now seen a strand of freshadamas in person, I see what all the hype is about. They are unlike any other freshwater pearls I have seen before. If you have enough $$ I would order both strands and then return the one you like the least. If not and round pearls are very important to you, order the freshadama strand and see if you like it or not. If not, I would hold out for more round metallics. That is what I have decided to do.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
"Higher unaligned metallics". That is the kind of statement you get when auto correct takes over on an ipad. I meant to say higher quality metallics. Smh!

Jcat

Rough_Rock
Thank you for for responding. Your freshadama metallic strand is beautiful. I just looked at your post. I went ahead and ordered a AAA metallic strand. I really love that luster! I also ordered a pair of silver- lavender exotic freshwater studs for my Mom. I can't wait until they arrive!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A nearly round strand will look round to anyone talking to you unless they get so close you consider summoning an officer
Which matters most to you..lustre or perfect roundness? That gives you your selection.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Jcat - I think you'll be very pleased with your metallics! Congratulations!

Jcat

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I think luster is more important to me. I will have to wait and see. They are on there way! I can't wait to see them.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the AAA white metallics and they look pretty round when worn on the neck. Besides this, their beautiful luster is what everyone will be noticing, not how perfectly round they are or aren't.

If you lay them on the table and look at them, they will look somewhat less round-- but no one's going to be viewing them lying on your table, will they?!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I hope you post pictures of the pearls when you get them! I love seeing everybody's real life photos.

Jcat

Rough_Rock
They have finally arrived. The luster is very beautiful and I really love the overtones. I have no clue as to how to describe them. They are warm toned, I believe. Not a white, white. I described my hair color and skin tone in the comment box asking for a strand to compliment my coloring. I am very happy as the color looks much nicer on my skin than my mothers akoya pearls which are more white with strong rose tones. Even though I have fair skin in the cooler months, I have an olive tone so that is probably why. I will try and take some pictures tomorrow and then hopefully I will figure out how to post them. They do look off round to me. On the neck, they look round, but holding them and looking at them, it is obvious. I am ok with that though. They are so shiny.

Jcat

Rough_Rock
I have never taken pictures of pearls or any kind of jewelry before so I don't think I was able to capture the true beauty of the luster and overtones. I think they have almost a coppery type glow to them. The metallic strand in 6.5 -7mm AAA. Also shown are 7-8mm exotic studs in silver-lavender. Both from PP.

_17956.jpg

pearl8.jpg

pearl6.jpg

pearl2.jpg

Jcat

Rough_Rock
A few more pictures.

pearl1.jpg

pearl4.jpg

pearl9.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Jcat - Wow! Your pearls are amazing, such luster! I'm sure you'll be wearing these all the time!

Jcat

Rough_Rock
Thank you pkinnew. I have already worn them twice. I plan on wearing them a lot!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Isn't the metallic luster amazing! Just beautiful. Wear your necklace in good health!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
So lovely! I especially like the lavender studs! The real life photos are so tempting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results