shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a flush photo album?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Since our wedding I haven't had a chance to get an album made. Found out I was pregnant after our HM and now my time is taken up. I have pictures on CD and USB, anyone have recs on a photographer that will design an album? I tried shutterfly, but have interruptions so someone's help is needed. I know it'll be expensive, but I need help.

Thank you in advance. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about etsy? You can do an "alchemy" request and see if anyone responds.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Your original photographer doesn't do them?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
We got married Las Vegas at Caesars and yes I believe they do photo books. I wanted to try searching locally first and try that as a last resort. I know they'll run about $500+ and thought I'd see if anyone has any recommendations.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
If you go on Blurb, they have lists of people who will design an Photo book for you. Including color correction, post processing, etc.
They can do the templates and then you can order the book after.

If you are looking for flush mounted, I would recommend BrideBox. Never used them, but they are highly rated.

A good resource I use for photobook resources: http://www.photobookgirl.com/

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I've heard really good things about Artisan State. They do flush mount, thick pages, and I'm pretty sure they offer design work, too- and best of all- they are very reasonably priced. I plan on using them for my vow renewal pics. If you want to read some reviews and see some pictures go to Weddingbee website's forum and search "Artisan albums" under photography- there are a few good threads showing photos of their albums.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Try mypublisher.com. Stay away from the most commercial sites like shutterfly. Their print quality is horrible. Artisan State and Blurb are also good choices. They take a lot of time to do right and the best quality ones are expensive. Costco is offering them now I think but I don't know what the finished quality is like. The general consensus in the photography community is that Costco is okay in a pinch but not as good as what you will get with a pro lab.

Make sure you have the copyright release from your photographer. You don't want to go through all of the trouble to do it yourself and then have the printer refuse to print it because you don't have the proper paperwork. Also, be careful about making edits yourself unless you have a calibrated monitor. Your results in print might not be the same as what you are seeing on your screen.

I could do it for you -but it likely wouldn't be cheap given the time it would take to create the album. I have access to pro labs as a serious hobbyist photographer, but I wouldn't know how to get in touch with you. . . If you have any questions please let me know.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
NewShiny|1399607811|3668853 said:
Try mypublisher.com. Stay away from the most commercial sites like shutterfly. Their print quality is horrible. Artisan State and Blurb are also good choices. They take a lot of time to do right and the best quality ones are expensive. Costco is offering them now I think but I don't know what the finished quality is like. The general consensus in the photography community is that Costco is okay in a pinch but not as good as what you will get with a pro lab.

Make sure you have the copyright release from your photographer. You don't want to go through all of the trouble to do it yourself and then have the printer refuse to print it because you don't have the proper paperwork. Also, be careful about making edits yourself unless you have a calibrated monitor. Your results in print might not be the same as what you are seeing on your screen.

I could do it for you -but it likely wouldn't be cheap given the time it would take to create the album. I have access to pro labs as a serious hobbyist photographer, but I wouldn't know how to get in touch with you. . . If you have any questions please let me know.

NewShiny, I have a question for you since you have access to Pro Labs- have you used Pictage for anything? My photographer (who gives copyright release) uploads the photos to Pictage and we can order photos, albums etc directly from them if we want-we also get a CD with edited photos, too so that we can use whoever we want as well. I've heard Pictage is extremely expensive, but wondered what you thought about them.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Hi PinkJewel, sorry for the delay in responding. I'm just seeing this now.

From what I've read, Pictage is decent quality. It's not as popular as it used to be in the photography community because there are lower cost pic hosting sites where the photographer gets to choose the print lab. My photographer used it when I got married back in 2005 - I had no idea pictage was still around. I did read in the photography forum that they offer album design though, and that's huge, especially if you photographer does not offer this service on their own.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
NewShiny|1399607811|3668853 said:

Shutterfly now owns Mypublisher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results