shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you store your pearls?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am new to wearing pearls. I inherited some, but they are in my safety deposit box with a watertight box with humidor beads that keep them at 60% humidity. I know that they shouldn't be kept in safety deposit boxes, but I have no safe in my own house, and I have babysitters over often.

Do you ladies have safes at home?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pregcurious! I don't have a safe but I think others here do have them and can give you more info on their specific safe. I also don't keep them in my safety deposit box because I wear them too often! LIke others here I tend to pick my pearls each day and then find the most appropriate outfit so having them handy helps! I store most of my pearl strands in two jewelry "roll ups". The more valuable strands are stored individually in their own velvet box. Rings, earrings and bracelets are kept in a silver safekeeper armoire. I'd love to see pictures of your pearl jewelry!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'll probably get into trouble for writing this...but
You trust your babysitters with your children but not your pearls?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I was robbed by a babysitter. You want to trust people, but some can't be trusted.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a safe at home but don't keep pearls there because I like to wear them all the time. As far as babysitters go, cameras are an absolute must.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I don't worry about moisture. I live in a very humid area. If anything I worry about mold. Saying that, if you do live in a arid area, a small cup of water in the safe will help keep your pearls or opals from drying out.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I live in a humid area too and keep my pearls in my jewelry box drawers most of the time. But if we won't be home, especially if others will be in the house, I usually put the valuable stuff in the home safe. When something goes missing, most often you don't know who took it, and having to suspect people you trust is no fun. I'd rather just secure it.

anthony-roman

Rough_Rock
You should keep the pearls in a safe. You can't trust anyone with the jewellery. For further safety you can plant cctv cameras in your home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results