shape
carat
color
clarity

Today''s "D-Day" - Your opinion please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I''m buying the diamond today. NO if''s ands or but''s. I''ve narrowed it down to 2, but I''m still not completely sure of Table/Depth on a princess...so all your opinions on this will be GREATLY appreciated. I''m waiting to see the cert, and I''m having it sent to an appraiser (who seems highly regarded on PS) Here it is!

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.04
Color: E
Clarity: VVS1
Depth %: 68.3
Table %: 61
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: MD
Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 5.91-5.86-4.00

Or

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.00
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 70.2
Table %: 69
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: THK
Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 5.58-5.51-3.87

Taking price and clarity out of the picture, which would you buy? (or would you keep looking??)

Thanks everyone, I''ll be sure to post pictures once I get the stone appraised. I am forever grateful to all that have helped me through this!!

-Mojo

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Number one for the spread and the girdle.
But Idealscope pictures could help us more.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
That''s one vote...thanks Stephan! Very good point. Why am I so paranoid about Depth/Table? In that respect, are these two stones comparable?

Thanks!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 3:29:38 PM
Author: Mr.MojoRisin
That''s one vote...thanks Stephan! Very good point. Why am I so paranoid about Depth/Table? In that respect, are these two stones comparable?

Thanks!

Why are you so paranoid? Because you''re wanting to invest ALOT of money into something and you want it to be perfect for your bride-to-be...Go and see the diamonds...believe me, that''ll be the ultimate test! Good luck!

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
I am not an expert, but diamond number one...for a lot of reasons...depth of table is great and clarity/color is EXCELLENT!! Happy engagement!
36.gif
36.gif

trizzane

Rough_Rock
Ill say #1 as well. no doubt... at least from the #''s presented here. Same reasons as Stephan stated, #1 will face up a bit bigger. But idealsope would help a good bit. good luck with your decision

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i wouldn''t rule either one out. will you be seeing them in person?

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
"Okay, so I''m buying the diamond today. NO if''s ands or but''s." Now I''m being told that I have to wait until Monday
7.gif

Gosh, does anyone remember me trying to get this accomplished by Easter? What was I thinking?!?!

Thanks everyone for your opinion, I''m glad it was in-line with mine. Belle - To answer your question...I don''t exactly know? When buying a stone online, is it common to ask for 2 stones to be shipped to the appraiser? (from the same dealer of course) I''d like an Ideal Scope image of both, but I guess I would have to get that from the appraiser?? I''m so confused...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am sooooo glad you didn't try and do anything by easter!! 'tis better this way
28.gif

i wasn't sure if you were going to a jeweler to look at these or not. if you are buying online, it would be very helpful to have idealscope images. you may be able to narrow your search with just that.

eta- you get the scope images from the vendor

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Mojo

The analysis of a princess cut should be made based on far more information...

I would suggest you read the AGS Guidelines they are going to start using shortly. These are at the bottom left side of Pricescope''s home page.

The newer cut stones that are AGS 0 or AGS 1 cut grades will most likely be a lot more lively, if that''s important for you.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results