shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the next big thing for 2006????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
I was looking through past posts and in one Mara said that PSers seem to be ahead in the trends, and I think she’s right. The eternity style and the halo are popular, but what do you think the new 2006 style will be?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
someone else asked this recently and i think we all were kind of wondering the same thing..maybe this is the year of the asscher in mainstream engagements?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I think marquises are coming back.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John asked this before, no?

Anyway, it's always fun to predict fashion
9.gif
. Probably as reliable as guessing the weather for next week, but... why not.

How about more of the same? Anything simple with small diamond extras involved: surprise stones on solitaires, pave, eternity, side stones, three and five stone rings... this sort of thing. Hopefully the use of pave will prevent those 70-ish cluster models from leaving the archives
31.gif

I haven't looked over the new designer collections to come up with a more precise guess. But one thing is quite sure - diamonds over one carat went through a nice price jump and there are fewer of them. So... can't see why style would not accommodate this.

Besides, e-rings have a way of staying classic.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asschers definitely seem to be gaining in popularity. I also see people going back to the tried and true solitaire. Like a nice MM setting. I think people may be getting tired of the diamond encrusted look. Could be wrong, usually am.
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the princess is going to go out and other fancy cuts come in style in 2006

The trend has been picking up for a while.

Rounds will remain the most popular.
Multiple small stone rings will be in as more people cant afford larger stones.

I see gemstone rings picking up also with increased prices for the best stones.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2006 2:45:08 PM
Author: kaleigh

I think people may be getting tired of the diamond encrusted look.

For e-rings this sounds right. I was mostly thinking of fashion jewelry with diamonds when saying there''s lots of pave going around (too much?).

There must be some technology-intensive ways of making paved settings more widely available, for better or worse. Some types I have no idea how are made - the ''diamond wire'' in Vera Wang and Asscher settings is a mystery (some appears in custom jeweler''s web catalogs - e.g. Art of Platinum and Karen Bleifer).
34.gif
Of these, I have only seen Vera Wang''s version in person, but these have a strong family resemblance - and looks like the latest incarnation of pave. Thoughts?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I do think asschers and cushions are going to get more mainstream, although I''m wondering if they might not already be passe!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree K....it seems like people are getting away from the ''encrusted'' diamond looks and going back to simpler fare, I even have considered it a time or two myself recently after seeing how pretty and classic a big solitaire looks with an eternity band.

I saw a gal yesterday who had a huge halo''d asscher on with the ''encrusted'' leon mege kind of look, diamonds everywhere, funny thing was it looked SO darn fake...like a big ole cocktail ring. It was a huge stone to begin with though. I seriously thought it was fake!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Interesting thread -- and fun subject. I have no idea what the "up and coming" styles may be... but I am looking forward to watching for them!
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have seen so many beautiful settings here - it''s always hard to pick your fav. However, I can''t help but still love the one big stone classic ering too.

Too bad it costs so much to have things reset - what would you do with a drawer full of unused mountings????? I already have one like that and would hate to add another but I do love that Superbcert Tiffany replica - like Dem''s. I just don''t know if I would be happy giving up my side diamonds. Too bad you can''t just pop your stone out and pop it into other things just to see. OK, just my diamond dream world again!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks, you should market that idea. Imagine changing your setting w/your mood! I tend to get bored with fads easily but they''re still fun.
I have started see more marquise shapes again. And pears. And non diamond e-rings.Mostly sapphires.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... I wonder how much of this is 'Pricescope" trends versus "the rest of the world".... trying to find that thread about pave seen on hands in real life.

Aside the 'halo' style, there wasn't much around here either... one WF Asscher ring, and mostly designers' (Michael B, Vera Wang, Ritani). Maybe something like this below is not everyone's idea of a 24/7 ring:

Ring_2.03ct._4260b.jpg

Mine either, to be honest, although I would definitely not mind knowing it is waiting quietly for the right time of the day to get out of the drawer.
31.gif

But ... how about the conservative side of 'sugar coating'?

Like this:

12EE13.jpg
27J13.jpg

Both are 'pave' , but style-wise like night and day ( literally, he, he
2.gif
) to me.

In the end, some colorless and faultlessly cut 5 carat bauble would probably look just as impressive in anything (although those diamonds get the most design attention too, if I'm not wrong). But comparing the cost of a witty setting with the cost of any significant size jump along diamond price charts ... design is the most brilliant bargain.

... IMO. with the disclaimer that anything is a matter of taste here, and this is one personal vote. Nothing more.
38.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really have no idea what will become the next big thing. I agree with those who said the diamond encrusted look will pass but not sure what will step in. I still have only seen 2 halo rings in person on people I know so i''m guessing they will stay mainstream for a while. A traditional solitare or 3-stone will always be a popular and classic style.

premium cut

Rough_Rock
I work in healthcare and I get to see all the rings of the newly engaged nurses. I would say 80% have princess cuts. I did see one gorgeous Asscher. Also I did notice more saphire''s in settings. Also, I do think that carat sizes will go down. Just some thoughts.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{Too bad you can''t just pop your stone out and pop it into other things just to see. }}}}

{{{{ MissGotRocks, you should market that idea. Imagine changing your setting w/your mood! }}}}

If she does I will sue her for copyright!
3.gif
I have so often wished you could do that! When we were little, my sister had a ring with twelve different colored "pearls" for each month (e.g. a red ''pearl'' for July since that month''s stone is ruby), and the prongs of the ring were this claw that could grab the stone or drop it, so you could change it each month. Being the most indecisive e-ring buyer in the universe, I have so often fantasized about being able to do that with e-rings!!!!!

I have also fantasized (shouldn''t be giving away all my great business ideas - ha!) that when shopping for an e-ring, they would have every style in every size in a cheap $10 fake (those cheap fakes can look really sparkly for a while), and you could really wear the ring for a while until you decide, and then you buy the real one. Because I can never really know until I wear it.

As for trends, I have no idea!

Janis

Rough_Rock
I also work in a profession with a lot of women and I see the majority of young women having princess and a few still have the traditional round. I saw my first halo after Christmas. I do not think the diamond wedding bands will ever go out of style, but I do think the popular e-ring cuts will go in and out. That''s sort of why I prefer to stick with RB, personally.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2006 9:37:47 AM
Author: old-fashioned girl

When we were little, my sister had a ring with twelve different colored ''pearls'' for each month (e.g. a red ''pearl'' for July since that month''s stone is ruby), and the prongs of the ring were this claw that could grab the stone or drop it, so you could change it each month. Being the most indecisive e-ring buyer in the universe, I have so often fantasized about being able to do that with e-rings!!!!!

As for trends, I have no idea!
that is why is like solitaire wraps. for my diamond ADD.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Well diamonds, diamonds and more diamonds of course!
9.gif

Other than that I have no clue other than I think the ''delicate'' look is in. Look at Michael B, Ritani, Tacori even, etc. Thin bands with micropave type diamonds.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have visited most of the local jewelry stores lately at interestingly I only saw 2 pave rings. When I started looking for an e-ring style last year none of the local stores had even heard of pave. I live in northern Indiana and trends take awhile to get here so I guess that must be true in e-rings as well.

Platinum or wg seems to have been an e-ring trend for awhile now. I''m seeing more push on yellow gold jewelry so I wonder if e-ring trends will follow to YG as well.

jibs

Rough_Rock
It seems like Ovals are becoming popular again.

cobrateach

Rough_Rock
I was told when I bought my recent round that I could probably get a better deal on an oval since they weren''t as popular right now. Now I have decided to add an oval to my collection and if indeed they come back in popularity I wonder if they will increase in price. Does popularity really have any factor on the going price at the time?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Supply and demand. . . makes the world go ''round!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I see tons of halos in store windows and I agree that ovals are backing a come-back...I have to say, though, that all of the "asschers" I see are really sq. emeralds with no discernable windmills. PS has spoiled us all!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to vote wider band plain solitaires.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote "east/west" set stones ... emerald, marquise, oval etc. Also, triple ring sets with flanking bands.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I think 2006 will bring more split-shank bands, including those with halos ... and I think we''ll continue to see more and more gorgeous Asschers in distinctive settings (including ever-more distinctive halo settings!)

Just my .02 cts.

4.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/15/2006 1:59:27 PM
Author:clammer
I was looking through past posts and in one Mara said that PSers seem to be ahead in the trends, and I think she’s right. The eternity style and the halo are popular, but what do you think the new 2006 style will be?
(Chuckle) How about this Clammer?
A Pricescope original

Available Hearts Low Res.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmm ... Gary ... "A" looks a little more like "Piece of A$$" than "Available" ... and I do mean a** in the buttock sort of way. Bubble bums away!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I think we''ll see more colour - either with pink, yellow or blue diamonds or with more gemstones. I think these will either be the main focus, as side stones or as a surprise element.

I also think we''ll see more custom designs as people try to make their engagement ring unique. This is easier to do if you were always planning on buying the central stone and mounting separately?!!

I think the custom thing will also impact on other jewellery such as earrings, pendants, right hand rings etc...... maybe even down to custom cutting the stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results