shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White's New Pink Asscher Spinel

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Jeff does it again....THIS would be my dream gemstone!

He recently posted it on his FB page.

Lori

jeffwhitepinkspinel501ct.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOw! Nice colour....smacko!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to mention the size! Isn't it 5 ct??

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
What? 5 ct??????

easy- one for each ear for me!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunner. His asschers are the best. That color is amazing. Unbeatable combination.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
She is 5.01 ct. to be exact!

Lori

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that's beautiful. Wish it were mine ;(

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I think in general his step cuts are amazing. My final CS project from him will definitely be an asscher once I get bling budget again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like his step cut design; my favourite out of all those I've seen so far.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My jaw dropped when I saw it pop up on his FB page - between this baby, the asscher sapphire that went up previously, and all of the gorgeous examples from PSers, all I know is that he is the man when it comes to step cuts :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some of you are calling this a step cut instead of an asscher. Can you please elaborate on the difference between the two? TIA

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minou,
Remember way back when, when the RA representative sent a "cease and desist" letter asking us all to stop using the trademarked asscher name? :rolleyes: :bigsmile: In generals, many people consider any cut cornered square step cut gem (diamond or coloured) as an asscher cut, regardless of pattern or design. Interestingly, I found a little tidbit here back in 2008:

Quote:
One should note that an original "Asscher cut" was an early emerald cut (with typically small table), high crown, wide corners and deep pavilion, but the TRADE, seeking to capitalize on the growing popularity of the old cutting style, and because it was never trademarked or patented, started BASTARDIZING the Asscher name, and the cut parameters (much like the current H&A controversy), such that the Royal Asscher company had to patent (D453007) the "Royal Asscher", a squarish wide cornered emerald cut with five rows of pavilion facets, UNLIKE what everyone else tries to pass off now as an "asscher cut" (Note the correct use of a small "a" in asscher, which is the terminology that should be used, since few stones I've seen called "Asschers" bear any relationship to a true Asscher cut, and is an incorrect and possibly illegal play on the company''s name).

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh yes! I do remember that now. Thank you for the reminder that Jeff White cuts beautiful cut cornered, windmill showing, step cuts. :bigsmile: ;))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
or square emerald cut....

those windmills....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results