shape
carat
color
clarity

White vs Yellow Gold in Pearl earrings for office?

A

Andromeda

Hi dear pearl sisters!

I am eyeing a few beautiful pearl drop/dangle earrings from PP but am not sure if YG will be a bit much for my fairly formal office attire. I am neutral toned, as in both WG and YG look good on me. But am not sure if WG will be more toned down than YG in the formal setting. Any advice will be highly appreciated :)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My humble opinion is; choose gold You like more and don't think what other think :wavey:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Which style are you looking at? I can't imagine the eternal settings for instance looking less formal in white gold or yellow gold. If you think your viewer might assume white gold may be sterling silver and then less formal, that may be true. Most of the dangles are formal with the exception of the simple bent wire shepherd hooks.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My only useful thought for input is that yes, plain shepherd hooks look a bit 'home-made' artisan -ish. At least to me.

A

Andromeda

I am looking at the romantic setting, the classic setting and the brilliant collection for the formal look. Now that I dug deeper, the eternal settings is quite pretty too!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's more than the color of the gold. The styles also make a difference. For example hoops larger than 1" are not really appropriate for professional type settings, imo. Personally I don't think one color is more formal than the other. Both gold colors are appropriate for the office unless you choose "in-your-face" type of settings or very garish yellow gold (some 18K or 24K settings made in Asia are like that). With PP's gold settings you don't have to worry about that. Wear whatever looks good on you, makes you happy and coordinates well with your office attire.

You can also coordinate with your E-ring and wedding rings or watches. If you have two-tone watches then both colors will work.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I generally prefer white gold. My engagement ring and wedding band are platinum, and I think white gold is elegant. But I would never worry it's too formal. I would also choose the gold color based on what would compliment the pearls most.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would never wear drop earrings for the office, as I do not believe they look good with glasses that I have to wear for VDU and close up work.

Also for personal reason, I do not wear yellow gold as it does not suit me.

As the others have said, wear what suits you and makes you happy, as it will boost your confidence.

DK :))

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Andromeda - I have both colors of gold in pearl drop earrings and wear the pair that go with the outfit or other jewelry. I don't think either color of gold is more formal - it's what you wear with it that can bring it up or down. Let us know what you decide!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
For what it's worth, I wear both YG and WG to the office depending on my outfits. I have lavender pearl drops in WG and pink pearl drops in YG. I think either color works for the office. Depending on the setting, you might not even see much of the gold. Wear what you are comfortable with!

I've attached pics of my drops for your reference -

img_5389.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results