shape
carat
color
clarity

BB or CC cream recommendations?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't used either product but am thinking of giving it a try to simplify my make up routine. I don't fully understand the differences between the two creams. I am very fair and my skin gets shiny/oily by the end of the day. What would you recommend? Is your recommendation a product you can use alone or do you need to add foundation or anything else to it? Thanks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate the feel of "stuff" on my skin, but moisturizer doesn't bother me. I have tried multiple products that made my skin feel like it's suffocating. Two days ago I bought Olay cc moisturizer with tint and it's fabulous! It feels like regular moisturizer while making my completion gorgeous! I am very fair, I need very very light foundation. ( I think my daughter could use white out, she is even fairer!) this makes me look like I have a light tan. On top of that I love mousse blush. I can't say enough about it!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the Clinique BB Cream. I went to Sephora and tried many on for feel and for color matching, and I loved Clinique's best. It doesn't hurt that it's got anti-aging antioxidants in it, either :naughty: y'know, cus I'm getting old.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have used a BB cream-one by Garnier, but I have just tried quite a few products from Paula's Choice and I am AMAZED at the effectiveness of all of them. I like their Barely There foundation that is closest to the BB cream (but not as drying). Her products are better and will do more for your skin than any BB or CC cream in my opinion. I have used Paula's Choice to look up what are the best products for years but one recently tried her stuff. If you look at her BEAUTYPEDIA review you can see a list of the best BB creams/tinted moisturizers, and the reasons why she likes them. You can also look up a particular one under 'all brand reviews' and see what she thinks about it. I have found her opinions to be spot on in most cases. I have used the Nars tinted moisturizer/bb and really liked that one. They had a color that works well for my skin tone. Anyway, just my two cents. Worth a look, I think.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Great thread! I've only tried Loreal's BB cream in Medium (a little too dark for my Asian skin), and found it too oily for my skin. It had light coverage which is what I prefer, I don't like full cover-up so that my skin looks painted on. That being said, this BB cream made this 41 year old break out like a teenager!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 BB creams. Estee Lauder Sheer Tint Release SPF 15 for most days and La Roche Anthelios Tinted Fluid SPF50 when I need to spend a lot of time outdoors. Both have light coverage in terms of color which is what I like because I can't stand foundation. Plus SPF which derms say to wear daily.

I also tried Clinique and some other really expensive one. Both would slide off my face by midday and stain clothes. You may need to try different ones to find which one works for your skin.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have tried 10-15 brands of BB Creams. They were popular in Asia 3-4 years before it hit North America.

My absolute favorite brand is Dr. Jart with Black Label one being my go to.
http://www.sephora.com/black-label-detox-bb-beauty-balm-P374568?icid2=Dr._Jart+_Must_Haves%20_P374568_image

I use Maybaybelline BB Cream Base as the base - I use the formula sold in Asia as I find that it is different from the ones I buy in North America. It is light and makes your skin look flawless. I buy it from eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAYBELLINE-Pure-Mineral-BB-Cream-Base-SPF26-PA-SALE-/181048755276?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2a2758c44c

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I use Aveeno BB cream from Costco. I like it because it's SPF 30.

Plus gotta love buying it at half price in a mega pack from Costco!

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
I have super dry skin and also, dislike the feeling of something on my skin. I like The Body Shop Vit E BB cream but the coverage is minimal but very hydrating. It has a gel like texture and stays dewy.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.... I tried Kiehl's BB cream. While the rest of their products work like a charm on me, the BB cream was a bust. It was too emollient for my oily skin, the medium shade was too pasty for my olive hue, the dark share was too toasty for me. Good luck! Let us know how it goes,

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the same way about the kiehls product Lioness. I use a lot of their products but the BB cream didn't work for me either. I like the Christian Dior BB cream, but I prefer a tinted moisturizer.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1398471185|3660214 said:
You may need to try different ones to find which one works for your skin.

And that is the summary of this whole thread. Tada!

Products will work differently and color match differently for each person. Find your "One" and stick with it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been really happy with Mischa. I buy it on Amazon.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1398482549|3660354 said:

Thanks for recommending this one. I'm definitely going to try it because of the 30 SPF, and possibly medium coverage.

I have Mischa, but it's high coverage for me. I only use it for special events. I tend to use Maybelline BB for just everyday wear, but it's only 15 SPF. I like the light coverage. I also need a very light shade. I'm like Goldilocks with BB creams. :rodent:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1398631451|3661375 said:

Thanks for recommending this one. I'm definitely going to try it because of the 30 SPF, and possibly medium coverage.

I have Mischa, but it's high coverage for me. I only use it for special events. I tend to use Maybelline BB for just everyday wear, but it's only 15 SPF. I like the light coverage. I also need a very light shade. I'm like Goldilocks with BB creams. :rodent:

:o Costco has BB Cream?! Um, hello, let me add that to my shopping list :bigsmile:

How do you like those Korean brands like Mischa/Dr. J...whatever? I've tried them but the color doesn't match well with my skin :blackeye:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I have sensitive, acne prone skin (even in my 40s, ugh) and the 2-3 BB creams I tried made me break out. I've been using CC cream for about eight months now and it's great for me. I'd describe it as BB cream but with better color correction capabilities (my cheeks are redder than the rest of my face). I like a light moisturizer under it (I prefer Light Argon oil) but only on my cheeks where my skin is drier. I wear it as my foundation but you can put foundation over it if you prefer more color coverage. My CC cream is Smashbox.

[Edited for spelling/grammar...]

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1398633747|3661395 said:
lyra|1398631451|3661375 said:

:o Costco has BB Cream?! Um, hello, let me add that to my shopping list :bigsmile:

How do you like those Korean brands like Mischa/Dr. J...whatever? I've tried them but the color doesn't match well with my skin :blackeye:

They sell a sample pack on their website with three or four different colors. I am #21 and have been "ivory" in other brands. I am pretty fair. #23 is popular but the wrong color for me. It is such a good price I didn't mind the risk ordering sight unseen. I guess I like the high coverage. My skin looks 100% better with BB cream than without. I was never a foundation wearing but BB cream with the Beauty Blender sponge makes my skin look as good as it is going to get.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I tried Missha and I broke out like a 14 year old!I don't even have acne prone skin. I was so bummed because so many people seem to love it!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is Lioeli BB Cream. I get it on ebay. I am very fair and it comes in only one color that is suitable for Asian skin tones. So it is a little dark for me. But I have found that if I mix it with Strobe Cream by Mac, then I get a perfect color and consistency. This stuff stays on all day. Even on my oily prone skin. Great coverage too.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting topic! I have worn a BB cream from No. 7 (Boots) daily for almost 2 years. I hate foundation, but I am at that age (almost 40 - eek!) Where my skin needs more than a dab of concealer & a translucent powder. I absolutely love this BB, but it is only SPF 15. Last week I bought the Vichy BB with an SPF of 25, thinking this will be better now that we're heading into summer, but on me it is yuk. It smears like a sun lotion & leaves a white residue that I struggle to blend in. By the time I have managed to do that, it's pretty much all rolled up & flaked off on my finger tips. I have only tired it twice & may give it another go.

Any tips from people who have had this happen? The No. 7 just goes on like a dream, nice & smoothly & evenly. I feel I have wasted £22 :(sad

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Missha Signature Real Complete w/SPF 25. The coverage is very good so I only use half a pump when I need to look more polished, as dictated by society. It lasts a full day for me and it doesn't contain parabens, mineral oil and some other chemicals.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for chiming in. I hadn't heard about a lot of the brands mentioned so this certainly has helped me with my research. Have a great week, everyone.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just picked up the It!Cosmetics CC cream to try. I have not used it yet though. The 2nd Inactive Ingredient was something like Snail Secretion something and I was like...Hm. I don't know if I want to put this on my face anymore.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I know I'm late to the party, but I'll be 45 in a few months (August 1st), and I think my skin has fared pretty well thanks to the L'Oreal products I use. I swear by their CC cream! I've used their Regenerist line for years, and switched to the CC cream about a year ago. I love it because it gives a light blurring effect, has a sunscreen, and does wonders for my winter dry skin. I've used L'Oreal skin care products since my young 20's.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I received the Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer with SPF 20.. It's supposed to be the lightest formula available. I stopped at sephora and got a #56 brush to apply it. You can choose between about a dozen colors. I went with next to lightest. Amazing stuff! Better than the Olay but the Olay is a CC cream so has more benefits. I think the brush helps to keep it light. Def recommend it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winks_Elf|1398720770|3662152 said:
I know I'm late to the party, but I'll be 45 in a few months (August 1st), and I think my skin has fared pretty well thanks to the L'Oreal products I use. I swear by their CC cream! I've used their Regenerist line for years, and switched to the CC cream about a year ago. I love it because it gives a light blurring effect, has a sunscreen, and does wonders for my winter dry skin. I've used L'Oreal skin care products since my young 20's.

Just curious, do you mean Loreal, or Olay has a regenerist line. I use the Olay regenerist cc cream but I will look for Loreal if the have one.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
ame|1398718410|3662134 said:
I just picked up the It!Cosmetics CC cream to try. I have not used it yet though. The 2nd Inactive Ingredient was something like Snail Secretion something and I was like...Hm. I don't know if I want to put this on my face anymore.

Ame, I use this one! ha! I really love it! I like that it is a little bit more full coverage than the BB creams. I just apply with my fingers because I found that I was using too much when I applied with a brush. It does a pretty good job keeping the oil away as well. I find I don't have to blot as often. Please post when you try it and let us know what you think!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1398741224|3662402 said:
ame|1398718410|3662134 said:

Ame, I use this one! ha! I really love it! I like that it is a little bit more full coverage than the BB creams. I just apply with my fingers because I found that I was using too much when I applied with a brush. It does a pretty good job keeping the oil away as well. I find I don't have to blot as often. Please post when you try it and let us know what you think!
Despite that creepy ingredient I DID try it today. I got what I consider to be ZERO coverage. It looks like I have literally nothing on my face, and not in a good way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results