shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Opinion on this EC ASET...

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I read the desired specs for an ASET, (I am completely a novice and really appreciate everyone's help here) and from what I have read, this would be less than ideal? Please let me know your expert opinions. PS The person who is carrying the stone said that it is a "beautiful" diamond and from a very reputable vendor and stock only the "best" diamonds. Thank you so much. If you need anymore information, please let me know.

img_3.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the ASET is accurate (not tilted), I would pass on this EC.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. I figured so much. The picture looked so promising and when they said it was such a beautiful diamond, I thought maybe I just am not seeing the whole possible picture.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
PS Chrono: What do you mean about the title? Should there be one?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeraldcutlover|1398702251|3661882 said:
PS Chrono: What do you mean about the title? Should there be one?

Not sure what you mean by "title". Does the vendor have pictures and a video of the EC? I asked about "tilting" because that can skew the ASET slightly.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Is an ASET the kiss of death for this EC???

lol, my mistake. So sorry, I thought you said "title" not tilted. No, that was all they gave me, aside from the GIA report. I just wasn't sure if one goes mostly by the ASET report bc when my husband bought my last EC, the jeweler (Perry w/Leon) does not provide them and will only go based on his naked "eye". So he would pull things mostly by the specs and then would look at them. I'm kind of all over the map and thinking now of just getting a new ring bc I think I prefer the 1.4 ratio and I love when you can see the individual boxes within the boxes for the cut. The actual diamond photo looked like what I was after but then once I saw the ASET, I didn't know if that is more or less the defining factor. I've just been trying to diligently read everyone's postings to learn from them, thus my asking for the ASET. Any advise you give is most appreciated. Thanks again.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Help! Opinions on this EC - please

Do any of you ever not go soley based on the ASET report? Or is this just a silly question. It just looks so nice in the picture. Total newbie! Thank you so much.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the ASET as one of my tools; I still look at the pictures and video of the EC to make my final decision. Can you post the picture(s) and video of the EC?

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Chrono for replying. This is the problem because they will not provide a video nor additional photos until I actually purchase the diamond. I do have one photo and the diamond specs. The table is: 64.00 and the Depth: 69.80 It has E Polish and E Symmetryand a Thick Girdle. Here is the photo...

img_4542.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a really terrible picture. ;(

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Lol - Okay, so glad I asked! Thanks so much.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant the picture quality, not the cut quality of the EC.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. I feel a little better. That's all they said they can give me until a purchase bc it is not an in-house diamond. Lmk what you would do, think. Thx again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the ASET and picture quality is dismal. What is the review/return policy?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The photo as bad as it is shows the same thing as the aset.
I actually like how the photo is taken with the dark background it is good for showing leakage and you can see there is a ton.

Flip the aset 180 and line it up, white in aset is deep black in the picture.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl,
You don't think the picture is slightly tilted? Or even with a slight tilt, it should not show so much black coming through?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chrono|1398962108|3664416 said:
Karl,
You don't think the picture is slightly tilted? Or even with a slight tilt, it should not show so much black coming through?
Even if it is slightly tilted way to much leakage and the aset agrees.
I edit my post above to explain what I was seeing.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help. I will keep looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results