shape
carat
color
clarity

curious about what you think-

GeorgeStevens

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I think OP has her head screwed on quite well, though I'm worried about some of her friends.

I don't know why I was compelled to comment on this, but I notice another "guess my size" thread has popped up and I'll politely refrain from indulging the poster. I'd rather hang out with the girl in the red vest.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
angeline|1398423008|3659731 said:
GeorgeStevens|1398297343|3658810 said:
So some people you know are borderline ostentatious and gaudy in their taste and have insecurities about their social standing. And because they're insecure when they walk into the exclusive country club, charity gala, or private jet terminal, they want you to be too. They want you to envy them and to use words like "boulder" to describe a piece of carbon that weighs 0.0014 pounds. Got it.

Try not to buy into it. There's a lot to be said for living a quietly dignified life below your means with occasional luxuries and hobbies but without insecurities around money, social standing, or the weight of a piece of jewelry.

Mrs. Stevens would get along well with you.

I don't think the above was referencing the OP as being insecure, but rather those who would make rude comments about her ring as being insecure.

Anyway I just wanted to say what a refreshing change of tone Mr GeorgeStevens. Thank you.

Edited to add: I think your ring is gorgeous, and that it looks exactly right for your finger. And that it looks 2cts for sure. Enjoy it!

The part that I bold-faced is where the post sounds like a lecture. If you read my post, I never accused OP of calling HER insecure, but I commented that she should post without being lectured. That's all.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodness, if one sentence of advice is an undesirable lecture, then 99% of PS conversations are off limits :lol:

OP I think your ring looks very large and it looks exactly like a 2ct princess should look. It's pretty rude to offer unsolicited negative comments about someone's ring like your so-called friend did :nono: At the risk of seeming like I am offering a lecture :rodent: it's generally a good approach in life to just ignore rude people like that woman who dissed your ring. Though I certainly understand how even ridiculous, obviously inappropriate comments that say more about the speaker than anything else can still get under your skin.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yasssss|1398245012|3658412 said:
2.09ct - GIA I/VS2 – 7.46x7.12x5.00mm – Depth 70.2% - Table 76%

so it does look like a one carat ... :sick: ?

Goodness, yassss! This thread really proves that even people on a diamond forum can be clueless about diamond size! I can't imagine how anyone could guess a carat for your stone!

Here are two 2 ct ideal cut princess stones:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2790072.htm 7.06 x 6.94mm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3035388.htm 6.95 x 6.86mm

So yours faces up LARGER than these ideal cut princess stones!!! So your stone is NOT SMALL for it's weight, it is LARGER!

And to the woman who was so rude, I would never have anything to do with her again. No one needs friends like that!!!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
thanks again everyone! honestly, I just saw another poster start a "tell me what you think" thread so I decided to do the same! I had no idea it would stir controversy :) but I genuinely appreciate everyone's responses, thank you! Earlier, I posted about my ring in this forum as soon as I got engaged with all the specs, I was so excited. I do have a question though because someone mentioned it is a low profile. is this a problem? I am scared sometimes my finger will touch the bottom of the stone! this is obviously paranoia but is it set too low? is this a matter of personal preference or is it just a jeweler judgment call?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1398544689|3660754 said:
yasssss|1398245012|3658412 said:
2.09ct - GIA I/VS2 – 7.46x7.12x5.00mm – Depth 70.2% - Table 76%

so it does look like a one carat ... :sick: ?

Goodness, yassss! This thread really proves that even people on a diamond forum can be clueless about diamond size! I can't imagine how anyone could guess a carat for your stone!

Here are two 2 ct ideal cut princess stones:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2790072.htm 7.06 x 6.94mm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3035388.htm 6.95 x 6.86mm

So yours faces up LARGER than these ideal cut princess stones!!! So your stone is NOT SMALL for it's weight, it is LARGER!

And to the woman who was so rude, I would never have anything to do with her again. No one needs friends like that!!!

The guesses are just that, guesses, so it's not like the responses are accurate in any way. I made a guess based on how the diamond appeared on OPs finger. A diamond can look bigger or smaller due to any number of factors (related to the diamond and/or the person wearing it), so just because this particular diamond is in fact, larger for its weight, doesn't mean much if it ends up looking smaller on OPs finger (not saying that's the case, but just making a general observation).
Really, though, no good can come out of these threads…...

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
yasssss|1398581912|3661087 said:
thanks again everyone! honestly, I just saw another poster start a "tell me what you think" thread so I decided to do the same! I had no idea it would stir controversy :) but I genuinely appreciate everyone's responses, thank you! Earlier, I posted about my ring in this forum as soon as I got engaged with all the specs, I was so excited. I do have a question though because someone mentioned it is a low profile. is this a problem? I am scared sometimes my finger will touch the bottom of the stone! this is obviously paranoia but is it set too low? is this a matter of personal preference or is it just a jeweler judgment call?

It did more than this..it prompted some mean-spirited PSers to mock you in this thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/guess-how-big-my-cts-are-t201251.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/guess-how-big-my-cts-are-t201251.html[/URL]

BUT DON'T LET THAT DETER YOU FROM ASKING QUESTIONS!!! There seems to be a sense of superiority among "veteran" posters who feel they can dictate what others post. Hang in there, and ask away!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and it looks perfect on your size 6.25 finger - which I point out only because that happens to be my EXACT finger size, should you feel like sharing. :naughty:

Unfortunately these types of threads seem to rub some people the wrong way and bring out the worst in others. Don't let that interfere with your enjoyment of your ring and what it represents. After all, that's what it's all about!

The bottom of your stone coming into contact with your finger isn't a problem, but it does mean that your ring might get dirty more quickly from your natural oils and/or hand lotions. If that happens, give it a quick bath in jewelry cleaner each night (I find that most of the jar types work just fine.) Someone even makes a pen-style jewelry cleaner that you can carry in your purse for quick touch-ups.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
braga123|1398612680|3661215 said:

It did more than this..it prompted some mean-spirited PSers to mock you in this thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/guess-how-big-my-cts-are-t201251.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/guess-how-big-my-cts-are-t201251.html[/URL]

BUT DON'T LET THAT DETER YOU FROM ASKING QUESTIONS!!! There seems to be a sense of superiority among "veteran" posters who feel they can dictate what others post. Hang in there, and ask away!

Oh brag honey I suggest you read 8) My post was not directed at the OP but really at everyone who does these threads. AND I CLEARLY state why I hate them. I noticed you didn't post your own thread asking for where drama is so you can read about it. I know you are new to PS, but you are not the first nor last troll that will ever come. Thank goodness PS2.0 now has an eyeroll smiley!!!!!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
SB621|1398617483|3661257 said:
braga123|1398612680|3661215 said:

Oh brag honey I suggest you read 8) My post was not directed at the OP but really at everyone who does these threads. AND I CLEARLY state why I hate them. I noticed you didn't post your own thread asking for where drama is so you can read about it. I know you are new to PS, but you are not the first nor last troll that will ever come. Thank goodness PS2.0 now has an eyeroll smiley!!!!!

I stand by my thread. Read it. Please. It applies to you.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I don't think that I would necessarily say that it's stirred up controversy - it's just that it would seem easier to post and show-off your ring as opposed to seeming like you're looking for validation. Since you have said that you adore your ring (and you should!), then don't set yourself up for unwelcome comments. Show it off and let us admire it:)
And don't buy into the unnecessary drama - it's not worth it. Again, enjoy your ring - it's very pretty =)

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
braga123 said:

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention braga123. Its no fun to get mocked for anything, even if its in a world of cyber anonymity. And you're right, its drenched in superiority and entitlement- which I find ironic since they're mocking me and other PSers who have posted threads like this for wanting people to feel like their center stone is bigger. Funny how you can mock someone for aspiring to superiority, wielding your superiority about how much you know about diamonds and your elevated appreciation for them at the same time. In any case, yes, maybe my appreciation for my stone isn't as deep or complex or refined as all of you, maybe my novice status in owning a diamond makes me an imbecile on this forum- someone just oohing and aahing at the sheer surface area of a gem, or maybe, just maybe I and other members who took to this forum with this kind of question had a genuine interest in what their stone looked like on their finger. IN EITHER CASE IT DOESN'T MATTER. I have as much a right to post in these threads as anyone else. If you don't like my question or think i'm a fool for posting it, by all means, ignore me and make fun of me in your head, in real life whatever. But doing in a public way really discourages people from wanting to share their thoughts, insecurities, opinions because it will make them vulnerable to this. Thats unfair for people who are new to this forum and are looking for help and advice. I'm sure a newbie will think twice about posting this kind of thread, but also threads like "is this EGL stone a good deal" or "what does a feather inclusion look like" because of fear of coming off as ignorant or uninformed. Luckily, I don't care either way- I love my ring, I loved it before the thread, love it now, and will continue to love it long after I stop posting in pricescope. and for the record- I DID post a regular SMTB thread, just including a pic of my new ring and specs, etc. This was a second thread after I had an interaction with a girl at a party and after my fiance looked sincerely a little disheartened. I was not looking for validation or asking for compliments in a veiled way. I came to this forum because my fiance and I learned SOOOOO MUCH about diamonds from pricescope and really looked to it as a resource, so when I finally acquired a product of that very information I gleaned, I wanted to share it (and the questions that came with it) with the community that helped produce it. Alas, many of them ended up ridiculing me. I don't have to defend myself but - I do not care for my stone to look bigger. my motto for diamonds is not bigger = better. this is not the first piece of diamond jewelry I own. Its sad that I felt compelled to write that out, but after the extensive discussion on my motivations and aspirations, I felt it necessary. I wonder if someone will start a thread based on this response. In any case, I learned my lesson, this forum is not for everyone.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry that you had experienced any negative feedback. I respect the fact that this is a significant purchase , thus the reason for pricescope's existence and all those searching for answers to their questions. I can also respect the fact that if you pay for a 2ct diamond, I'm sure one would only hope that it to looks like a 2ct diamond. If someone implied otherwise, I think it's fair for one to feel badly that their purchase did not atleast reflect the size, and/or the beauty of their hefty price tag. PS I do think you have a beautiful ring. Period.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Also , for the record, I welcomed and appreciated all the responses on this thread. I asked for them :)

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
PS: I think you have handled everyone's comments very well and I hope you continue to wear your beautiful ring with lots of happiness and pride :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeraldcutlover|1398638414|3661443 said:
PS: I think you have handled everyone's comments very well and I hope you continue to wear your beautiful ring with lots of happiness and pride :love:

Ditto. Please do not judge all of PS based on some inappropriate posts on your thread. I actually felt you had good reason to ask your question due to the comment you got from that rude person in real life.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't feel bad. I think it's fine to ask people what size they think your diamond is. I mean, what better place then on a diamond forum. There are always people on a forum who like to mock others for what they deem to be a dumb question, but please try to ignore them. Your question was perfectly fine. I hope you stick around, and your ring is absolutely beautiful (and big)!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga123|1398300955|3658843 said:
I really don't think that OP's question is a reflection of insecurity. OP is asking a legitimate question and should not be lectured about why she is asking the question. Several of us come on PS to ask questions about size, color, setting, etc. because we want to see if or how we can maximize the value of our diamond (although typically we do it in RT not SMTB). OP is no different. She wants to know if her diamond appears to be the size that her fiance paid for.

OP, if you can still do something in terms of returning, exchanging, then I see why it is helpful to you to post this question. And even if you can't, but you have a nagging doubt or plain curiosity, you are in your every right to ask and have people answer your question without being lectured.

Nice lecture.

screen_shot_2014-04-27_at_5.png

GeorgeStevens

Shiny_Rock
yasssss|1398638091|3661440 said:
Also , for the record, I welcomed and appreciated all the responses on this thread. I asked for them :)

Thanks, and for the record, future posters may want to add a note as to why they're asking the question, including that story with your "friend."

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think it looks small. I certainly don't think it looks like a 1ct stone. I know what dimensions an approximately 1ct princess would have, and yours is obviously larger. Given that and your ring size is 6.25 or whatever, I guessed about a 2ct and that was in the right ballpark. So, either the gal at the party was completely unaware of the typical diameter of a 1ct princess, or she was just being catty. Who cares! Ignore her and enjoy your ring.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1398616451|3661249 said:
Your ring is gorgeous and it looks perfect on your size 6.25 finger - which I point out only because that happens to be my EXACT finger size, should you feel like sharing. :naughty:

Unfortunately these types of threads seem to rub some people the wrong way and bring out the worst in others. Don't let that interfere with your enjoyment of your ring and what it represents. After all, that's what it's all about!

The bottom of your stone coming into contact with your finger isn't a problem, but it does mean that your ring might get dirty more quickly from your natural oils and/or hand lotions. If that happens, give it a quick bath in jewelry cleaner each night (I find that most of the jar types work just fine.) Someone even makes a pen-style jewelry cleaner that you can carry in your purse for quick touch-ups.

I have one of the pen style cleaners (because I hate the messiness of the liquid) and can attest to its fabulousness...Won't use anything else now...so much easier and more convenient than the liquids!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw your thread just after you posted it and would have guessed 1.75-2cts because I have a 1.52ct princess on a size 6.25 as well, and it looks bigger than mine. Mine is around 6.2x6.4 I think? So it faces almost a full millimeter bigger, for half a carat, which is a lot!

Different styles of settings can make a diamond look bigger or smaller, so sometimes its hard to judge. Plus, with height differences (diamond raised above the band, like mine, or culet almost flush to the finger, like yours) it can really alter the look of the size of the diamond.

I think your ring is beautiful and the girl who made that comment was really out of line. Fancy cuts typically face up much smaller than rounds. Period.

diamond_ring2.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
yasssss|1398636059|3661419 said:
braga123 said:

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention braga123. Its no fun to get mocked for anything, even if its in a world of cyber anonymity. And you're right, its drenched in superiority and entitlement- which I find ironic since they're mocking me and other PSers who have posted threads like this for wanting people to feel like their center stone is bigger. Funny how you can mock someone for aspiring to superiority, wielding your superiority about how much you know about diamonds and your elevated appreciation for them at the same time. In any case, yes, maybe my appreciation for my stone isn't as deep or complex or refined as all of you, maybe my novice status in owning a diamond makes me an imbecile on this forum- someone just oohing and aahing at the sheer surface area of a gem, or maybe, just maybe I and other members who took to this forum with this kind of question had a genuine interest in what their stone looked like on their finger. IN EITHER CASE IT DOESN'T MATTER. I have as much a right to post in these threads as anyone else. If you don't like my question or think i'm a fool for posting it, by all means, ignore me and make fun of me in your head, in real life whatever. But doing in a public way really discourages people from wanting to share their thoughts, insecurities, opinions because it will make them vulnerable to this. Thats unfair for people who are new to this forum and are looking for help and advice. I'm sure a newbie will think twice about posting this kind of thread, but also threads like "is this EGL stone a good deal" or "what does a feather inclusion look like" because of fear of coming off as ignorant or uninformed. Luckily, I don't care either way- I love my ring, I loved it before the thread, love it now, and will continue to love it long after I stop posting in pricescope. and for the record- I DID post a regular SMTB thread, just including a pic of my new ring and specs, etc. This was a second thread after I had an interaction with a girl at a party and after my fiance looked sincerely a little disheartened. I was not looking for validation or asking for compliments in a veiled way. I came to this forum because my fiance and I learned SOOOOO MUCH about diamonds from pricescope and really looked to it as a resource, so when I finally acquired a product of that very information I gleaned, I wanted to share it (and the questions that came with it) with the community that helped produce it. Alas, many of them ended up ridiculing me. I don't have to defend myself but - I do not care for my stone to look bigger. my motto for diamonds is not bigger = better. this is not the first piece of diamond jewelry I own. Its sad that I felt compelled to write that out, but after the extensive discussion on my motivations and aspirations, I felt it necessary. I wonder if someone will start a thread based on this response. In any case, I learned my lesson, this forum is not for everyone.

I feel slighlty compelled to respond to this since I started the thread in HO, I think Brag fed the fire with her comment on "mean spirited PS'ers who meant to mock you." She/ he is quite the pot stirrer lately. But I'm digressing, if you were concerned about something in regards to your diamond why not just post something like " Hey someone said my diamond looks small, is there something wrong?" Instead you fell right into the "guess my ctw" which no matter how you cut it really comes off as an ego boost for looking for comments to call your diamond bigger. I didn't read it as seeking advise or looking for education. I don't think anyone did actually. If you had posted something looking for feedback you would have gotten way more responses as anyone who has been here for at least a few months knows not to respond to the guess my ctw threads. And where is the ridicule? Many of the ppl that responded to my thread have been here for years and knew exactly what I was talking about. You might have felt it was directed at you because that is what Brag said, but it is the topic that bothers us, not the poster. I actually think we took it to a very playful area where we discussed food more. Does hummus and carrot cake ridicule you? Anyhow I won't even get into the topic of superority as I think you covered that pretty well, I think we will just agree to disagree as the saying goes?

I'm thrilled you love your ring and it seems you now have closure on what that person said and can move on. Also continue to post pictures of your ring in whatever forum, thread etc you want, plus any other future pieces you might get. But please no more guess me threads. ;))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im sorry if any of the things people said hurt your feelings. Your ring is huge and i will never in my life own a 2 ct diamond, im sure. I am very jelly. Let alone that spectacular setting.

There is absolutely no way this rock looks like 1 ct.

20140422_164343.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't feel badly about your thread yasssss, I see nothing wrong or inappropriate with it at all. As a PS member, you have the right to start any thread or ask any quesion you would like, nobody but the mods has the right to dicate that to you. Everyone has the option of not reading or participating in a thread if it annoys them. I followed my own advice with the thread in Hangout.

The woman who made that comment was beyond rude. I will never understand people like that. Please try to ignore what she said and enjoy your beautiful ring! As others have said, your diamond actually faces up large for a 2 carat princess. It is absolutely gorgeous and looks very substantial on your hand! :love: Congratulations on your engagement too! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must be PMS week around here. Gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!! You have a stunning ring. Enjoy wearing it.
And welcome to PS :wavey:

laylah

Rough_Rock
I also guessed around 2 ct's. I don't know what is wrong with people. You have a beautiful ring and I think you are a very lucky girl. Congratulations and enjoy your beautiful stone.

proto

Shiny_Rock
that does NOT look 1 ct to me. way bigger and I would have guessed 2.10 ^^

divya

Rough_Rock
wow i love your ring. will definitely show to my boyfriend for inspiration

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results