shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for suggestions on a fashion watch

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to buy a fun summer watch in rose tone metal. 36mm rose gold ballon bleu is not an option right now ;( :lol: .

So hoping to get some suggestions from the shop savvy PSers on the best fashion option. My criteria are: rose tone metal, large face 33-42mm, not too much going on the dial , not more than $300. I looked at this MK watch but then remembered someone posted that their MK started peeling. The description doesn't mention plating so does that mean the metal is rose colored stainless? Or there's plating which is not disclosed?

http://www.michaelkors.com/p/Michael-Kors-Michael-Kors-Mid-Size-Rose-Golden-Stainless-Steel-Runway-Three-Hand-Watch-ROSE-GOLDEN/prod22870003_cat35801_cat35701_/?index=27&cmCat=cat000000cat145cat35701cat35801&isEditorial=false

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That watch is really heavy. My friend has a two tone michael kors with rose/silver/crystal bezel. She has had no problems and she wears it every day.
Basically this one:

_17338.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm... really heavy is not for me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The watch is plated. how long will the plating last is anyone's guess.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, so even though descriptions doesn't mention plate, there is no such thing in watches as rose tone stainless?

woofmama, thanks for the link. I like the band but the face has too many elements going on with the subdials and diamonds.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1398556338|3660888 said:
DF, so even though descriptions doesn't mention plate, there is no such thing in watches as rose tone stainless?
woofmama, thanks for the link. I like the band but the face has too many elements going on with the subdials and diamonds.
Toned S/S = plated S/S, if you like watch, buy it!... ;))

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Have you checked marc jacobs?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, I hesistate to buy plated. Last year I bought a cheap plated watch that started peeling right away on the underside and gave me a bad case of contact dermatitis. I have no idea what kind of mystery metal was under that watch's plate but I never have a reaction to SS.

Lizzyann, thanks for the link. I like it. The gold option though comes with the pink third hand. How can one resist? :cheeky:

Sakuracherry, I looked at MJ but didn't see anything I liked.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I work in a Hospital and have had more compliments on this watch than anything else I own....

I have had ppl shriek "OMG I love that!!!" and I mistakenly think they are talking about my big 5 stone ring,
then they grab my hand and stare at my watch....

My DH got it for me for Mother's Day one year, and I just had the battery replaced.
I do love it.
havent' noticed anything peeling
I think it has a nice summery look.

michael_kors_quartz_mother_of_pearl_dial_clear_band_womens_watch_mk5394__m_20003709__large_.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1398600234|3661135 said:
DF, I hesistate to buy plated. Last year I bought a cheap plated watch that started peeling right away on the underside and gave me a bad case of contact dermatitis. I have no idea what kind of mystery metal was under that watch's plate but I never have a reaction to SS.

Lizzyann, thanks for the link. I like it. The gold option though comes with the pink third hand. How can one resist? :cheeky:

Sakuracherry, I looked at MJ but didn't see anything I liked.

Ha ha! Baby monster, I've seen that one in person http://www.katespade.com/gramercy-grand/1YRU0009,en_US,pd.html?navid=xsellPDP and it is really fun!!

The one that I own is this one and I just love it for spring/summer. I get a lot of compliments on it! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kate-sp...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_7_D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1398600234|3661135 said:

Me too!...I can't wear plated jewelry but I have no problem with wearing a S/S watch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results