shape
carat
color
clarity

A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (Pics)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Re: A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't feel bad. I have some wild goldfinches who have obviously never read all the books and web pages that say nyjer seed is the goldfinches' favorite food. 4 weeks later, two of them have finally wandered over to try their special feeder. Then they went right back to the ground sunflower tube. LOL :D

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Andelain|1398169036|3657725 said:
She reminds me of a stray I met in Kuwait a few years back. She was thin, small and friendly, too. :love: :love: :love:

I just noticed the heart on her side. Pretty cat.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW. She is a dedicated carb lover.

That's funny. Hamburger buns.

She's finicky for a stray. My strays generally are my best eaters. No matter what I put in front of them, they eat it.

Hmmm. The food thing is going to be a problem. Will she eat wet food at all? Petco carries a brand called Halo my kids are fond of. Especially the Shredded Halo Wet.

They also carry Instinct.... which is what my kids eat. The chicken or the rabbit. Good thing is, they have some very small bags that you can buy to see if your kids will eat it.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1398378331|3659401 said:

She's finicky for a stray. My strays generally are my best eaters. No matter what I put in front of them, they eat it.

Hmmm. The food thing is going to be a problem. Will she eat wet food at all? Petco carries a brand called Halo my kids are fond of. Especially the Shredded Halo Wet.

They also carry Instinct.... which is what my kids eat. The chicken or the rabbit. Good thing is, they have some very small bags that you can buy to see if your kids will eat it.

She went through the bun and (unknown to me),a piece of rotisserie chicken I was going to have for lunch, then I gave her the cat food again at 6pm and she ate that no problem. I wonder what was going on this morning? She polished off all the cat food when I attempted it again. Maybe she was just hankering for a roll?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I should also note: I have been giving her Iams with my other boy, which is his normal go-to brand. She likes it. For some reason she wasn't liking the new brand this morning but just ate a good portion a little while ago. I think I may just have to lock up the bread for real this time and only allow a piece here and there as a treat? I just don't want her filling up on bread that doesn't have the nutrients cats need.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398381481|3659434 said:
I think I may just have to lock up the bread for real this time and only allow a piece here and there as a treat? I just don't want her filling up on bread that doesn't have the nutrients cats need.

Probably a good idea. Oreo is such a funny little thing! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My cat is not keen on bread, however, my dog loves bread and toasts.

Oreo likes her food, that's for certain!

DK :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe she ate that bun as a symbolic way of telling you she has some buns in her oven….Every time I look at her pictures the word "pregnant" pops into my head. Don't panic, my intuition has been off kilter lately.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1398385030|3659460 said:
Maybe she ate that bun as a symbolic way of telling you she has some buns in her oven….Every time I look at her pictures the word "pregnant" pops into my head. Don't panic, my intuition has been off kilter lately.

Whaaaaaa??? :-o :-o :-o Why? Is there a way to tell? I guess I'll find out soon enough, she's getting spayed in a couple of days. (hopefully, and not pregnant instead!)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1398385953|3659468 said:
Whaaaaaa??? :-o :-o :-o Why? Is there a way to tell? I guess I'll find out soon enough, she's getting spayed in a couple of days. (hopefully, and not pregnant instead!)
No way to tell if pregnancy is early stage. At about 20 days fetal heartbeats would be detectable. Way late in pregnancy nipples would pink up but by that time, the tummy is big enough to give it away.

I just had a "feeling". Don't know why.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Even if she is, when they are spaying, they can just take care of the fetuses. It's for the best anyway. Not like the world needs more kittens what with millions of kitties being put down in shelters each year.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really really hope not. That would be so sad and traumatic ;(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398397835|3659626 said:
I really really hope not. That would be so sad and traumatic ;(

For you, maybe. But not for her.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398381315|3659432 said:
Gypsy|1398378331|3659401 said:

She went through the bun and (unknown to me),a piece of rotisserie chicken I was going to have for lunch, then I gave her the cat food again at 6pm and she ate that no problem. I wonder what was going on this morning? She polished off all the cat food when I attempted it again. Maybe she was just hankering for a roll?

Just part of her getting you trained right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398385953|3659468 said:
Matata|1398385030|3659460 said:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she is. You said she was in heat when she came to you, she probably got laid at least nce.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oy vey. I think I will call the kitty clinic tomorrow. I am off from work and would like to have her checked out sooner rather than later. Here's hoping she didn't have a boyfriend before she strolled in and started eating all our bread :lol:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

If she puts pickles and ice cream on her next hamburger bun then she is definitely pregnant

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

Add me to the list of Oreo fans. and Elliot fans! This really is such an awesomely happy thread. :appl: :appl: :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[Please excuse the slight threadjack...]

Ande - how's your kitty doing?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oreo can't be seen until her appointment, so in the waiting time here are some pics I snapped of her laying on her side. Feel free to add opinions or guesses as to whether or not she looks pregnant. I have Googled it 50 times and still have no idea.

_17367.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

One more. I know only a vet can tell for certain, but curiosity is getting the better of me.

_17368.jpg

_17369.jpg

_17370.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She appears to have put on weight when compared to the first pics of her. Just hope it is the result of being fed well since finding her new home and not because she has buns in the oven!

DK :))

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398528089|3660587 said:
Oreo can't be seen until her appointment, so in the waiting time here are some pics I snapped of her laying on her side. Feel free to add opinions or guesses as to whether or not she looks pregnant. I have Googled it 50 times and still have no idea.

Yep, I believe she is. The nipples are pinking up.

VRBeauty, she's doing well, thnak you for asking . I miss my kitty. :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Does the fat belly feel firm or soft?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why that little hussy! :lol: Her tummy does look rounder and fuller but here's to hoping that its a result of your love and good treatment.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andelain|1398536145|3660660 said:
Does the fat belly feel firm or soft?

She got a bit aggravated with me when I tried to cop a gentle feel :lol:

I would say it's more on the firm side than soft.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1398536877|3660666 said:
Why that little hussy! :lol: Her tummy does look rounder and fuller but here's to hoping that its a result of your love and good treatment.

Here's hoping its just a food baby!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andelain|1398536061|3660657 said:
Elliot86|1398528089|3660587 said:

Yep, I believe she is. The nipples are pinking up.

VRBeauty, she's doing well, thnak you for asking . I miss my kitty. :love:

I just took a peek, and yes they are very pink. :o

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmmmmm, fingers firmly crossed that she is not pregnant, however, it would not a surprise to me that she is!

DK :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results