shape
carat
color
clarity

new baroque akoya pearls from POJ

mapo

Shiny_Rock
After reading Kevin's posts on the HK trip, I couldn't resist picking up these beauties. I wanted to share them here as I've enjoyed seeing everyone else's treasures.

img_5374.jpg

I really love the intense teal and pink flashes of some of the pearls you can see in certain angles.

img_5379_0.jpg

Here's one last picture with my two strands playing together -

img_5381.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Those look beautiful against your skin. The color of those pearls is a great match.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Nacrelover!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
What size are they Mapo? Did you create them to wear together or did it just work out that way?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pearls! I have a strand which are my favorite pearls!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Nacrelover, the newest strand is 7.5 to 9.0 mm and is 18 inches in length. My other strand is 8.0 to 8.5mm and is 17 inches in length. I didn't plan for them to match. It was just a lovely coincidence.

Periwinklegirl, Aren't the silvery-blue akoyas just the best? I reach for them the most as they match pretty much anything I wear. I have a harder time figuring out when to wear my baroque tahitians or lavender freshwater strands.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful colours !

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The two strands are GORGEOUS! Together and separately. I love their intense color. Well done! Wear them in health and enjoy!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, baby blue pearls :loopy: . I'm in love, again :love: . Those are one of the most beautiful pearls I have seen. Should I move to akoya camp....?? Oh, my wallet cries already....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking :love: :love: :love: The colors are magnificent! Congrats and enjoy!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. The newest strand is one of the Vietnamese akoyas. Not sure about the first one.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
mapo - Your pearls are gorgeous and I love seeing 2 strands together! They are beautiful on you.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
They are absolutely stunning! I love how intense the colors are in both strands. What a great stroke of luck it was for them to match so nicely with you other strand. They make a lovely pair.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection Mapo enjoy your new strand it does match your first and there is nothing I like better than double strands :appl: :appl: :appl:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1398346426|3659095 said:
OMG, baby blue pearls :loopy: . I'm in love, again :love: . Those are one of the most beautiful pearls I have seen. Should I move to akoya camp....?? Oh, my wallet cries already....

Come over and join us on the dark side!

Mapo - they are gorgeous and I find myself buying tops to wear with them!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowzer! and congrats. love them together :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm definitely going to have to wander over to the Akoya area of the June show in HK and have a look at these blue pearls. I don't buy Akoya so I've never even had a look..but your photos have intrigued me ! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely strand, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

BDGirl

Rough_Rock
Wow... the blue colors are amazing.
I love the two strands together....perfectly matched too! :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- this is seriously one of the most beautiful pearl pictures I've ever seen. I can't get over the intense blues and pink overtones. Absolutely stunning. You own two of the nicest baroque blue akoya necklaces I've ever "seen". You must be thrilled!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I took them out for a spin today with some matching earrings. Love how spring-y they are! I highly recommend getting a strand while they are still available. According to the blog post, once the current stock is gone, it'll be a few years before the vietnamese akoya are available again. :errrr:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Mapo, your akoyas are incredibly blue and look fantastic against your skin! :appl:
I just received my strand from PP & they are from the same batch from the same pearl farmer (if this is the correct term). Will post the pics sometime soon.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just can't get over the lovely colour ! They look wonderful on you!! :love:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
YC, I'd love to see your strand when you get them!

I've been enjoying this set for a few days. Here's some more photos of them with my matching earrings:
with flash -
img_5382.jpg
without flash -
img_5383.jpg
under fluorescent lighting -
img_5384.jpg
here's a photo of my other strand (not vietnamese) -
img_5292.jpg

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 8)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Mapo! Thanks for posting more photos!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Mapo,
I have had them for a few days but because of camera problems, I have not taken photos of them. I may post some photos after this weekend once I get the issues fixed. But I suspect I cannot make those pearls look as good on me as they do on you! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results