shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

mjg

Rough_Rock
Some of you may have all seen Leon Mege's "stolen" band, and I see that multiple places on his website he says this:

"The ring is unique - unlike any other eternity band it could be sized up or down with no problem at all."

https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/view-all/true-antique-cushion-stolen-wedding-band-detail

Is this true? I've always read here and elsewhere that eternities cannot be sized, but I want one for my engagement ring in the worst way. I just can't bring myself to choose a ring I want to wear forever that can't be sized. But do any experts and/or jewelers know more about this and care to explain?

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm......I wonder how they do it without compromising the integrity of the ring and/or having "blanks"??!! Interesting!!!

I've had one of my eternities resized by shaving the inside of the ring and making it a comfort fit. Worked an absolute charm!!!!!! :appl:

I'll be getting another one resized the same way soon.

For reference, we were able to go from an "I"-and-a-bit to a K!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Looking at that ring, it may well be possible. Each head is separated by a tiny length of shank, that's where the ring would be cut. Depending on desired size, a stone may be added or removed, or one bit of shank added.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to go with if Leon says it is possible then you should be fine.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Firstly, it depends on the type of eternity style. Secondly, it depends on who you are sending it for resizing. If you send it back to Leon, I'm sure he can resize since he stated so himself. But if you're an international customer and don't want to ship to Leon for resize, then it's not advisable. Some local jewelers don't have the expertise and experience to do it. Some don't have the right equipment to do it. So if you intend to do local resize, ask the owner of the local jewelry stores if they can resize in case you need to do it in future. Don't ask the store employees. I find that different people in the same store can give different information on the same item/task. Just ask the owner.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The construction of the ring looks like it would lend itself to being sized up or down by Leon Mege, I would not recommend having any designer piece sized by another jeweler, it's like bringing a Porsche to a Ford dealer for service... the odds are that they can do it, but not with the same level of expertise that will be provided by somebody who is intricately familiar with that particular model.

My "guess" and it is just a guess, is that it can be sized up or down in increments of a full size, which is relatively equal to each unit / head which holds a diamond...

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Just chiming in only because I actually went through this- I successfully had a platinum eternity band with 15 point stones, U shared prong, resized from a 6 to a 5. My local jeweler used laser welding to do it, and when it was done you could NEVER tell from the outside. From the inside, there was a tiny suture line. One stone was removed, which I had set into a baby bezel pendant and gifted to someone. Total cost of the resize: $150

I know a lot of people will advise against or say it can't be done, but since I actually did it I wanted to throw this out there. I will try to take pics of it later and attach in so you can see the ring and the mark inside, but my sister stole it from me so I need her to send pics =)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, it looks like individual heads can be taken out or put on. I love the setting, it looks very comfy.

mjg

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the replies! I guess I worded my OP kind of poorly...I am not doubting LM can make it happen, but rather wondering why none of the other vendors I've looked into (BG, WF, etc) seem to be doing the same thing. Is it just something LM has "invented" or is it just very difficult or...?

Dollyanjuli, thanks for chiming in! I've read that before, about resizing with a laser. But it still seems very uncommon, and most jewelers don't want to do it.

Most seem to want to dissuade the full eternity, which of course is my favorite look. I'm not sure about the comfort factor either, but if I knew resizing was an option that would be one obstacle down!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results