shape
carat
color
clarity

art deco ebay win

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So, I've been on the hunt for an antique RHR and when I saw this pretty little thing on ebay (and in my size none the less) I had to submit an offer. Honestly I don't know what got into me. There have been so many other beautiful rings for less money that I couldn't bite the bullet on, but with this one, it was just an impulse. The listing doesn't have too much information, but the ring is returnable and I made an offer of $300 even though the buy it now price was $429.99. I never expected them to accept it since it was so far below asking, but they did :) I guess I won't know for sure until I see it in person, but there are many pictures in the listing below and I'd love to get some opinions. Do you think I overpaid for what it is? I wish there was a better shot of the stones and at least some color/clarity info in the listing, but they look pretty bright in the photos. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Of course I will post real life pics as soon as it arrives.
TIA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161253917322?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty! I think you paid a fair price, looking forward to pics!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I look forward to the pictures too. I am sure you paid a decent price for it. Looks like a nice ring.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The ring arrived yesterday, and today back it goes. The diamonds were very dark and lackluster. They were decent sized OMCs with really high crowns so I high hopes, but I was really disappointed by how they performed :(sad Oh well! That's the thing about buying on ebay and the reason I only buy from dealers with return policies. Time to keep looking.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, that's too bad fioratura! Just throwing this out there - any possibility the ring is dirty? That will affect the appearance of the stones, and I've gotten rings from ebay that were pretty dirty, I don't think some antique sellers bother to maintain the rings they sell. If you sent it back already, I guess it doesn't matter - I'm sure you'll find something else you love! Back to the hunt!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I thought (hoped) it might be dirty too, but after washing it in jewelry solution and then again in my ultrasonic, it still wasn't having the sparkle I had wanted. I suppose the hunt is really half the fun anyway, so I'll just get to spend more time doing that. :wink2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fioratura|1398267815|3658550 said:
I thought (hoped) it might be dirty too, but after washing it in jewelry solution and then again in my ultrasonic, it still wasn't having the sparkle I had wanted. I suppose the hunt is really half the fun anyway, so I'll just get to spend more time doing that. :wink2:

Ah ok, just thought I'd check, and good for you for thinking of it - there are plenty of other treasures out there, have fun looking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results