shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC two stone

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
This is on hold for me right now. Each stone is just a bit over a half a carat, both are OECs though one is a wee bit shallower than the other. The colors are great (one H and one J) and while the clarity is not perfect, they stones are very eye clean. They were even pretty clean with a loupe. One is VS2, and the other is SI1.

I just bought another ring at this antique jewelry sale, and I'm having a hard time passing this one up, even though I should. This is the best photo I could get-I would welcome thoughts!

-6_zps9ab210f3.png

The price is good, I think. Under $2k. Please feel free to be brutally honest, it's not mine yet!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm - I'm searching for a draw back here.
well, I'm not a huge fan of the symmetry of two stone rings, so I'd end up spending another $400 setting the stones as earrings....still not a big issue if you love the stones. and not even an issue if the current design works for you. helpful, huh.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I actually kind of like the design. It's pleasing to me. I think the two stones are kind of romantic.

That's my hand in the photo, so it's how it would look and I do like it. Clearly I can't stack with it, or even pair it with a band, but that's okay!

The prongs are all in great shape-retipped before it was put out. I don't think I'd be overpaying-but I would like feedback from the experts!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a pretty ring! I really like the hexagonal design and the finger coverage is great. It's a little hard to get a good view of the diamonds in the pic, but from what I can see they look like nice stones. It's hard to find comps IMO for these vintage rings because it's hard to find a comparable style sometimes, but the price sounds fair, although for the heck of it I would offer a bit less than the asing price, you never know! What metal is it?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I actually found two almost identical comparables online. Both of them were almost 3 times as much as this one. This is a sale at which they are trying to clear their inventory of antique and vintage pieces. The prices were lowered and now there's an additional percentage off, so I don't think I will offer any less. But I am leaning towards picking it up today!

You have always offered a 30 day return period, no questions. It's about five minutes from my work so that's no problem. If I snag her and can get better pictures I will post them for feedback later. Thank you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1398356194|3659183 said:
Thank you! I actually found two almost identical comparables online. Both of them were almost 3 times as much as this one. This is a sale at which they are trying to clear their inventory of antique and vintage pieces. The prices were lowered and now there's an additional percentage off, so I don't think I will offer any less. But I am leaning towards picking it up today!

You have always offered a 30 day return period, no questions. It's about five minutes from my work so that's no problem. If I snag her and can get better pictures I will post them for feedback later. Thank you!

It's great you were able to find some pieces to compare it to, sounds good! And I understand your reasons for not making an offer, just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there. I can see why this ring is speaking to you and yes, please post pics when you get it!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it's gorgeous and the price sounds fair to me if the specs are what they say. The pattern on the sides looks lovely and unusual, and I've always liked this kind of twin ring - they remind me of hourglasses!

As a general comment on antique pricing ... when I fall in love with a specific piece (not just in "like," but LOVE), so long as I'm not actively over-paying, I feel good about snapping them up when I can, just because finding ones that have that same heart-in-throat effect can take waaaaaaaaaaay longer than finding similar ones that cost a little less. YMMV.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting. I'd wear it in a heartbeat! :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
More photos. I picked her up today and am working on getting to know her ;-)

-1_zps68a98f4d.jpg

-2_zps6c4f131c.jpg

-4_zps541d0065.jpg

-5_zpsa6448975.jpg

-7_zps28eb6a43.jpg

-8_zps739b17aa.jpg

Still welcoming thoughts!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
I love it! Think it looks lovely on your hand, how you feeling about it?

Love the details on it to.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I think it's really beautiful! The filigree work is so pretty - and it has such good hand presence, it really does look great on you. I really like the hexagonal setting; it gives the diamonds a nice "boost".

So, after test-driving it for a bit, what do you think?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results