shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you call tiny little balls?

minicat

Rough_Rock
LOL, yes..... I was wondering if to ask what cut balls that scream out at you are called....but I though that would be going too far!

Please ignore the pic - I realised not long after I posted it that i was ''seeing'' it wrongly. And I am not exactly sure where I saw the floating diamonds I mentioned - perhaps it was in the Chopard watch? I cant remember.

BUT what I was still wondering is what a diamond cut into a sphere would be called? I guess there isnt a name or someone would have said by now. But I just wanted to clarify the question as it seemed it confused people a little. I suppose the biolette is the closest.

Thanks ;-)

minicat

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1398225962|3658347 said:
Small football shapes are called marquise, but your original picture just has tiny round brilliant diamonds set into the top and sides of that shank.

sorry Im from UK - I mean soccer balls.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL what a title and thread! Really needed a good laugh in the midst of very serious work.:)))

Now, seriously if you meant the gold work and beads I think you may be talking about filigree of milgrain. Filigree is when beads are used in the workmanship process of the gold (this is one type of filigree) and milgrain is usually on the edges.

Otherwise, I think Kenny's response is the most likely scenario here.:)))

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Diamondseeker2006, you had me confused. I was sitting thinking for a minute what marquise shapes had to do with it, then I remembered american football, being in the UK I just thought of a football as a scottish football is like a round sphere. :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
think we need a man in a kilt photo now - considering title of this thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results