carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Xrisus: Your stone has amazing color :love: Do you know whether its copper bearing? I guess when it looks like that, it doesn't really matter, does it?!! I'm wondering if you think the inclusions will impact your ability to set it, or whether it will be fine? It is definitely one of those stones that takes my breath away. How does it behave in low light?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ive got cads for my EC chryso. Should be done middle of next month, so exciting!
uploadfromtaptalk1398223902092.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel that looks great!

I just bought a .99ct emerald from another PSer, the color just grabbed me. I can't wait to see it in person!

_18258.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

Minous: I didn't even see your post until now. I have not had it tested for copper, but it could have said its was "pot roast" bearing, and I would have still purchased them! I don't know how the inclusions will affect the setting of them. We'll see what the jeweler says, likely a bunch of gloom and doom (that I will also likely roll the dice on)! I will try to take some pictures in low light for you.

MTG: I saw when that emerald was posted, I wanted to pull the trigger on it but waffled. I hope you post more pics when you get it, it looks great!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

Minous: I didn't even see your post until now. I have not had it tested for copper, but it could have said its was "pot roast" bearing, and I would have still purchased them! I don't know how the inclusions will affect the setting of them. We'll see what the jeweler says, likely a bunch of gloom and doom (that I will also likely roll the dice on)! I will try to take some pictures in low light for you.

MTG: I saw when that emerald was posted, I wanted to pull the trigger on it but waffled. I hope you post more pics when you get it, it looks great!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

Here they are in low light with one of my favorite, albeit small, neon tourmalines (supposedly from the Batalha mine). They do glow in person, albeit I would always love to see a top grade Paraiba in person as the glow I see with my measly stones is pretty impressive; thus I could only imagine what a top grade Paraiba would look like!

BTW Niel, you're chrysoberyl is the measuring stick by which I judge every chrysoberyl I see!

_18271.jpg

_18273.jpg

_18274.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

X: that little stone, though smaller than most stones in PS, has more presence that most by double!

BTW Niel, you're chrysoberyl is the measuring stick by which I judge every chrysoberyl I see!

Im obsessed with it i can't wait to get it in my hot little hands. It should be back end of next week if I'm lucky! (if I'm really lucky)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Xrisus|1400285381|3674541 said:
Here they are in low light with one of my favorite, albeit small, neon tourmalines (supposedly from the Batalha mine). They do glow in person, albeit I would always love to see a top grade Paraiba in person as the glow I see with my measly stones is pretty impressive; thus I could only imagine what a top grade Paraiba would look like!

Wow!! I love the glow of the small round. What a mesmerizing colour.

Niel: I am looking forward seeing yours. Yay!!!!

Here is my Tourmaline from Paraiba:

_18291.jpg

_18292.jpg

_18293.jpg

_18294.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great projects everyone. Love all your beautiful pieces, gems and jewelry. Just breathtaking.

So I was thinking of getting a three stone ring made with these three gems. Sorry for the awful picture, it was taken at night under my terrible bulbs.

The center stone is a chrysoberyl, and the green stone is an Afghan mint tourmaline, and the pink stone is a lavender spinel. I love pairing chrysoberyl with other gems, and I was thinking of reusing the halo its currently in, for something else. I love the pastel combination of the three together. What do you think? Yay/Nay?

tlthree_gem_ring.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock

TL: Would you use the 2 smaller stones in a traditional 3 stone array with the chrysoberyl in the middle? If I had my druthers, I would clone the lavender spinel and have those flank the chrysoberyl. However, I wouldn't put it past you to have an innovative design in mind that could utilize all 3 stones pictured. Kind of a shame to take the chryso out of that ring, it looks like it belongs there perfectly.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Xrisus|1400352581|3675005 said:
TL: Would you use the 2 smaller stones in a traditional 3 stone array with the chrysoberyl in the middle? If I had my druthers, I would clone the lavender spinel and have those flank the chrysoberyl. However, I wouldn't put it past you to have an innovative design in mind that could utilize all 3 stones pictured. Kind of a shame to take the chryso out of that ring, it looks like it belongs there perfectly.

Xrisus, to your bolded comment above, easier said than done. ;( To get one spinel that color was really hard to do, let alone melee.

I do like your idea though, I just wish colored stones could be ordered like diamonds (perfect shape, color, carat weight, cut, clarity). =)

Yes, the chyrso does fit perfectly in there, but I really want to do a three stone ring for budget purposes (instead of getting a separate ring for each stone), and I can reuse the chryso setting for something else. :naughty:

I sometimes do switch my settings up a bit.

Thanks for you comments. :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What if you left the chryso as is, and you use those other two stones in a bypass or a two stone ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1400359118|3675057 said:
What if you left the chryso as is, and you use those other two stones in a bypass or a two stone ring.

Because I really want to do something with the chrysoberyl too. The perfect setting came up that fits all three, so I don't have to go custom.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1400359286|3675060 said:
Niel|1400359118|3675057 said:

Because I really want to do something with the chrysoberyl too. The perfect setting came up that fits all three, so I don't have to go custom.
Oh that makes sense. I think it would be neat!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Acinom,, your tourmaline is breathtaking, and looks wonderful on your hand!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I did manage to sang this utterly amazing coral from one of barry's recent drops. the two black dots are quite invisible to the eye, and the color is everything one could hope for in a burmese ruby

_18312.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL: I love that mesmerizing green cab stone :love:
Your 3 stone ring project will be a delicious route as the 3 colours go very well together. I must also say that I love the setting the Chryso is currently in as well!!

VapidLapid: ooh, I love that red coral. And it's indeed a great take on a blood red ruby. Any ideas on how you will set it?
And thank you for liking my Paraiba ring!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Acinom.

airdancer

Rough_Rock

VapidLapid|1400373294|3675196 said:
I did manage to sang this utterly amazing coral from one of barry's recent drops. the two black dots are quite invisible to the eye, and the color is everything one could hope for in a burmese ruby

This is gorgeous!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Here's what I got this week! It's a merelani mint garnet cut by Lisa Elser. I love it!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400486604.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400486616.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400486627.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400486650.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG YT! IT's GORGEOUS!!!

I'm on a bit of a green spree, in addition to the emerald above, I also scooped up this mint garnet on LT...

_18396.jpg

_18397.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

My new 60's opal ring.

_18399.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth|1400553311|3676490 said:
My new 60's opal ring.
Oh I love it. I wish I could pull off an opal. Haha

airdancer

Rough_Rock

PSers, have you ever gotten a stone that is unexpectedly small?

Recently I bought a 8 x 6 oval cab (star sapphire) that just came through the mail. It looks tiny. Super super small. I have a 8 x 6.5 oval ring that I bought off a fellow PSer. It is surrounded by marquis diamonds. I thought it looks ok size wise. The cab looks really small.

img-20140519-wa0013.jpg

I had wanted to do this. Not sure if I can now. It might completely overwhelm the stone. lalaounis_ring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think that perhaps the cabochon looks small because it is unset compared to your other oval ring. What makes that other oval ring look larger are the marquise diamonds going all around it. If you want this cabochon to look larger, you'll have to set it in a halo style setting. You can still do a beaded bezel, only that the proportion will be smaller.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

airdancer|1400580502|3676617 said:
PSers, have you ever gotten a stone that is unexpectedly small?

Recently I bought a 8 x 6 oval cab (star sapphire) that just came through the mail. It looks tiny. Super super small. I have a 8 x 6.5 oval ring that I bought off a fellow PSer. It is surrounded by marquis diamonds. I thought it looks ok size wise. The cab looks really small.

img-20140519-wa0013.jpg

I had wanted to do this. Not sure if I can now. It might completely overwhelm the stone. lalaounis_ring.jpg

I agree with chrono its probably just because its unset. And its a flat back so when it sits on your hand its very low. I think that setting would be amazing and I don't think it would swallow the stone.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock

YT! I am drooling over that mint! So juicy!

sfilly

Rough_Rock

JoCoJenn|1395522510|3639538 said:
FrekeChild|1395508072|3639402 said:
Bump! Anyone got any projects?

I have diamond studs in the works, but those aren't colored stones. I have the setting for my Mahenge hot pink in planning stages too, but that won't manifest for a few months at least.

Besides my alex ring project, I purchased this past week this pair of sapphires on LT which I am having made into stud earrings. I don't know what type of sapphire they are but loved the color too much not to get them.

Ooooh, the colour of those sapphires is amazing! I love love love the bits of green showing :love:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock

My mahenge with paraiba melee halo. :) I am thrilled with how it turned out!!! It was quite an ordeal to find the exact mahenge color I was looking for. I wanted zero modifier. No red. No orange. Just pure, neon pink. Easier said than done, I learned. The glow put off by both the mahenge and the paraibas is out of this world!

Sent from my iPhone

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400607956.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400607966.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

purplesparklies|1400607969|3676863 said:
My mahenge with paraiba melee halo. :) I am thrilled with how it turned out!!! It was quite an ordeal to find the exact mahenge color I was looking for. I wanted zero modifier. No red. No orange. Just pure, neon pink. Easier said than done, I learned. The glow put off by both the mahenge and the paraibas is out of this world!

Sent from my iPhone

Venturing over to oogle all of the gorgeous CS bling! That ring is awesome purplesparklies!! I love the color combo and the ring design! Nice job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results