shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Where can I buy a diamond eng. ring in Miami area?

lfaire

Rough_Rock
Hello ladies and gents,

I'm traveling to the wonderful US of America tomorrow and will stay there for 11 days. It will be an amazing trip because several of my family members will get together after a lot of years. I'm going there with my girlfriend, who I have been dating for 10 years now (I'm 29 and she's 30).. so well, yes, I think it's going to be a perfect time for a proposal!!! I'm very sad because I was about to order a ring from Bluenile, site which lots of you recommend, just to realize that they accept credit cards issued only from certain countries, and my country is not listed (Chile). The cost was about 2k (You can see the details below). I know it's not too much but well, I come from a third world country and that's a lot of money here for a ring, specially because we're not used to expensive engagement rings. I saved long for that ring. So, is there any particular place in the Miami area where I can buy a similar ring? I specifically will be staying in Deerfield Beach.
You can also suggest another website and I can check if they accept international credit cards. I know very little about rings, so any suggestion that you want to give me, I'll really appreciate it.

Thank you very much!!!
Varo

Diamond Ring

Your Diamond:
Very Good-cut, F-color, VVS2-clarity, Princess-Cut, 0.53-carat Diamond
Stock #: LD03127249

Your Setting:
Trio Princess Cut Pave Diamond Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold (1/3 ct. tw.)
Stock #: 20370 Size: 6.5

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could contact another Pricescope Vendor and check to see if they except CC from your country.

James Allen
Whiteflash
Brian Gavin.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond Brokers of Florida is in West Melbourne, Fl. 32904. (They have a web site.) But that's at least a 2 hour drive north.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash does not accept international credit cards. This is stated on their site. Good Old Gold doesn't either.

lfaire

Rough_Rock
So what would be the best physical alternative? They usually accept international CC's.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not in the USA. Diamondbrokers of Florida have had an internet presence all the time I have been on diamond boards, both on this one and a previous site I used to frequent. They are a couple Jan and Brad. I would not hesitate to buy from them. However I don't know how far away from the area you are visiting they are. I seem to remember that they do not sell hearts and arrows, although they may now. I would call them and get suggestions from them of jewellers nearer you if they know of any. I think Brad did his own setting work too, so could set a diamond for you in a ring. Jan was a very helpful person when answering posters and seemed very kind.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could do a wire transfer from your country. That would be the best option.

lfaire

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1398220051|3658283 said:
You could do a wire transfer from your country. That would be the best option.

Yep actually the girl on the phone from bluenile mentioned that option.. I guess I'll do that if there's no store that you recommend to buy in the miami area.. my only problem is my flight is tomorrow and I don't think I have the time to go to my bank and do that

lfaire

Rough_Rock
quick question, I just checked on jamesallen and they do accept CC from my country.. is that a site that I can trust on?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lfaire|1398224884|3658339 said:
quick question, I just checked on jamesallen and they do accept CC from my country.. is that a site that I can trust on?

yes.

lfaire

Rough_Rock
.. and they take 4 through 3 weeks for delivery as all their settings are made to orders :(

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
JA is one of the big names in Internet diamond sales. They have been in business since early 2000s, and were DirtCheapDiamonds.com back then. They may have stock 4 or 6 prong Tiffany type solitaires in stock. Call and ask.

eta: Not all of the diamonds are in-house at JA. If you need fast turnaround, then you need to buy an in-house diamond and not one that is still at the cutter or wholesaler. I randomly picked this combo and it can be shipped to arrive April 25, their site says. I am not recommending this stone, I just picked one to see how fast they could do a solitaire ring.
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.53-carat-d-color-si1-clarity-sku-75339

setting: 14k White Gold Presentation Solitaire (Six Prong) SKU: 17927W14

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PSers don't flame me for this, but the OP could try Tiffany's. You will get a small diamond. I think their rings start at about $1200. They have a store in Coral Gables, which is outside of Miami. Hey a Tiffany ring for his honey!!!!!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
Snows Jewelers in coral gables, jr Dunn in ft lauderdle.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lfaire|1398224884|3658339 said:

Yes, they have been here for years and many posters have bought from them.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
correction: JA site said ships by Apr 25, not arrives.

A diamond graded 000 by AGS will be the easiest to determine cut quality of sight-unseen, because AGS has already done that for you.
If you are looking at GIA graded stones, look for a HCA score of 2 or less, anything 2-2.5 might still be good if the price is good.
https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca GIA triple excellent includes some stones that are not great by Pricescope standards.

This thread gives a list of very restrictive parameters that can also be used as selection criteria for a modern H&A RB.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/preferred-specs-cheat-sheet-for-rounds.88548/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/preferred-specs-cheat-sheet-for-rounds.88548/[/URL]

lfaire

Rough_Rock
I took the risk and ordered on James Allen. It will arrive on Friday 2nd. Im leaving the US on Monday 5th. So my plan is to propose that weekend. Now if you could give me some nice ideas for the proposal :D
I want to do it in front of my family there in Miami. Everybody knows her. Actually everybody want us to be married: she, her family and my family. It only depended on me, but after 10 years being a couple and 1 year living together I feel its the perfect time. She deserves the best also. Even when all of her friends has been married for some time now, she has never put me under pressure. Ive been very lucky with her. Thanks !

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a link to the diamond your decided upon?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Best of luck........why don't you bring her and family out to the beach and propose at sunset.

edit: Hi OP, I took a look at the JA site and looked at the diamond spinning around. I notice many, many, black "dots" (they are probably called something else but I do not know the name to call them). They are on the side of the diamond but there is also one right in the middle when you look at the diamond face up. Please check this out and make sure you are OK with it because when I see the diamond from the angle you will be looking at it, the black dot hits me right away. If I am correct, it is then not "eye clean".

lfaire

Rough_Rock
WillyDiamond said:
Best of luck........why don't you bring her and family out to the beach and propose at sunset.

edit: Hi OP, I took a look at the JA site and looked at the diamond spinning around. I notice many, many, black "dots" (they are probably called something else but I do not know the name to call them). They are on the side of the diamond but there is also one right in the middle when you look at the diamond face up. Please check this out and make sure you are OK with it because when I see the diamond from the angle you will be looking at it, the black dot hits me right away. If I am correct, it is then not "eye clean".

Jesus, is this something I should concern about or tell them? Must I change the diamond? Can anyone please give more information? That exact diamond was actually suggested by the guy I was talking to via their live chat in the website

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lfaire|1398367271|3659289 said:
WillyDiamond said:

Jesus, is this something I should concern about or tell them? Must I change the diamond? Can anyone please give more information? That exact diamond was actually suggested by the guy I was talking to via their live chat in the website

Did you ask if the diamond was "eye clean"? You need to ask.

lfaire

Rough_Rock
Mayk said:
lfaire|1398367271|3659289 said:
WillyDiamond said:

Did you ask if the diamond was "eye clean"? You need to ask.

If its not eye clean, can you please give a diamond of similar specs, from the same site, so I can see if I can change it? If those black dots are something Very noticeable then I would have to cancel the order I think. Please help.

lfaire

Rough_Rock
I just talked to the customer rep and she told the diamond IS eye clean. Those incrustions are not visible to the naked eye, she said those dots are even difficult to see in a 10x zoom. She told me is a great selection and that I should not worry

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Now take a deep breath. You had a bad scare. Everything will work out. Congratulations on your upcoming engagement and good luck!

lfaire

Rough_Rock
CanuckAB said:
:appl: Now take a deep breath. You had a bad scare. Everything will work out. Congratulations on your upcoming engagement and good luck!

I almost suffered a heart attack, mainly because I had had to cancel the order and cancel also the proposal in miami

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You needed to ask if it was eye clean, and they say it is, so you should be fine. Best of luck.

ps. Make sure you post some hand shots after the big day!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lfaire|1398369495|3659321 said:
CanuckAB said:

I almost suffered a heart attack, mainly because I had had to cancel the order and cancel also the proposal in miami

So glad you asked!! Best of luck!! Come back with pictures! It's going to be fabulous! :appl:

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
Yes, please come back and let us know how it went. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results