shape
carat
color
clarity

Good jeweler in the Rhinebeck NY area?

Luckjean

Rough_Rock
I will be in the area soon and wanted to take the time to shop. Jewelry stores where I live are VERY limited! When I use the pricescope search the closest is 2ish hours away from Rhinebeck....pleases say it ain't so :(sad

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hummingbird Jewelers is a great shop in Rhinebeck, but they specialize in interesting art jewelry, not large diamonds. If you want to shop for a diamond, NYC is the place to go. It is an hour and a half train ride from Rhinecliff, which is right near Rhinebeck.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately, Rhinebeck is not a large metropolitan area. It's about two thirds of the way between New York City in Albany. There's nothing a lot more going on in New York City when it comes to diamond shopping.
Sorry.....but welcome to NYC

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luckjean, I lived in Rhinebeck for years in the 80s :) I got my enagement ring in the city.. just go to Rhinecliff train station or go down to the Poughkeepsie station, it's really nice now.. I was up there in March... there are several jewelers in the city that people here recomend highly.. I think one is ID Jewelry.. Rhinebeck is great for lunch but jewlery? not so much.. you aren't that far from Westchester and you could again ask as I'm sure some of the posters here would be familiar with a fine jewler in the White Plains area say.. best of luck

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perhaps if you tell the PS community what you are looking for, the PS community can help you.

Luckjean

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of your responses. I will definately hit Hummingbird, but will head into the city to finally get to set my eyes on some diamonds. Old World diamonds and Good Old Gold are on our list to hit as soon as we have time available to get to NYC.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll 2nd or 3rd the Hummingbird recommendation. It is, BY FAR, the best place in the area. They even get some nice antique pieces from time to time -- from wealthy consigners or estates in the area. But if you're looking for an engagement stone - I doubt they'd be quite as good of a deal as some of the city places.

Will say that they have a wonderful bench -- and that my engagement ring was significantly modified by their in-house expert --- after it's original design (city vendor) kept loosening in the prong area. Hummingbird's work was excellent and my ring is better than ever after eight years of constant wear since the fix.

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results