shape
carat
color
clarity

SI2 Asschers a no go??

yitfeng

Rough_Rock
I'm considering a RA but it's a SI2 - do you think it's a no go? I read it's best to go for at least VS in asscher cuts as the inclusions are more visible? It's a 1.7ct F SI2 stone .. any thoughts? Also, would love to see photos of SI2 asschers...

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can check out this thread to see if there happens to be some in the collection:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cuts-asschers-a-collection.113993/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cuts-asschers-a-collection.113993/[/URL]

But, I would suggest asking the moderator to move your thread to RockyTalk, so you get the opinion of those folks - everyone is really helpful on there. Referring to SI2's generally, I have a feeling that people would suggest a higher clarity grade. However, if you have close up pictures and a sense of what the inclusions are/where they are, it would be more helpful. For example, are the inclusions right under the table or off to the side? I know someone on here has a gorgeous SI emerald cut that no one would ever guess was an SI, so it is possible to pull off - best of luck!

yitfeng

Rough_Rock
oh! thanks - will get the thread moved :) newbie who's slightly lost!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is rare to find an eye clean SI in step cuts but possible as the other post mentioned. In my recent search for my own emerald cut, I didn't come across any. perhaps if you have time and a good vendor searching for you, it might be easier to find?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like VS1 in an asscher. I don't see any way an asscher with SI2 clarity could be eyeclean.

yitfeng

Rough_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1397743859|3654946 said:
Niel|1397739269|3654912 said:

Yes, possibly, but I surely wouldn't want an SI2 feather (crack) as my primary inclusion whether I could see it or not.

To each there own of course, I was just saying its not impossible even in an asscher to find an eye clean si2 :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's not available now, but it does look like it has a very pretty cut, and I'm sure it shows well :)

yitfeng

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links. Starburst, it emerald's gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results