shape
carat
color
clarity

To Keep an Old Cut Diamond?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter inherited this from her great-grandmother. Since being on PS and appreciating old diamonds more & more, I asked to borrow it to take photos. I had no idea how beautifully old cuts are in person! She said she is not very interested in it and might sell. I would like to get opinions to pass along to her because I think she might appreciate it more as time goes on and therefore should keep it.

p1080970.jpg p1080993.jpg p1090004.jpg

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Keep it! It's a great ring and a beautiful family heirloom.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful. And it seems like a nice item to keep in the family. Very portable - not like a piano. I know not everyone is sentimental about things - which is fine. How old is she?
I think I'd encourage her to keep it until at least a certain very adult age...like 30. She might feel differently in the future.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Agree with the above suggestions - it is NOT like a piano :lol: , and I would bet that over time, as tastes and priorities change, she would feel differently.

Put it away, store it in the vault and tell us how much she loves it in several years. These family heirlooms are so rare and special - it really is priceless.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I would say keep it too.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Definately keep it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please tell us she chose to keep this beautiful ring. I so wish my family had heirloom jewelry passed down from our grandmothers & great grandmothers. Instead, we have recipes, lol.

There is just something so special and priceless about having a ring worn by your ancestors.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1397997567|3656522 said:
Please tell us she chose to keep this beautiful ring. I so wish my family had heirloom jewelry passed down from our grandmothers & great grandmothers. Instead, we have recipes, lol.

There is just something so special and priceless about having a ring worn by your ancestors.

yes! I have it in my possession and I told her if she wants to sell it I will buy it from her. :naughty:
actually I would not wear it, since it was meant for her, but I will definitely save it!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1397997806|3656523 said:
yes! I have it in my possession and I told her if she wants to sell it I will buy it from her. :naughty:
actually I would not wear it, since it was meant for her, but I will definitely save it!

Fantastic! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so pretty! Congrats on keeping her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results